Chapter 6

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

She isn’t affected anymore. No, she isn’t and she wouldn’t. Why would she care about her again anyways? She doesn’t care about the hate comments that the idol is receiving. She doesn’t care about people bashing her. She doesn’t care when she sees how thin she looks on television. And no, she doesn’t care if her best friend, Sunny, met her and the others again, alone.

She hates that she has to keep thinking these thoughts. She shouldn’t have to think about these things. There’s nothing that would benefit her out of it, nothing. 

Taeyeon’s inside the classroom chilling and updating her instagram. Their professor was on leave and that means free time and self study. Her other classmates already went out while some, like her, stayed and hung around the room either studying or chatting in their groups. 

The artist posted a recent artwork she did, the dress piece she was working on. She finished it today and showed it earlier to her professor. The piece didn’t really satisfy her, it would have been better if she worked on it longer. But there’s a deadline and she has to finish.

There were already several responses to the post she did so she scrolled down and read the comments. Sometimes she even replies to them. Taeyeon didn’t really expect that she would garner a lot of followers on her instagram. It was all because of a certain sketch she did a year ago. They said it looks so much like the idol of theirs, the popular idol singer, a part of a girl group, the leader of the said group and she denied. Which of course she did. 

It was her but it wasn’t her. No really, that wasn’t her. The girl she sketched was different from the idol. That girl was young and full of dreams, that girl was innocent, happy, determined, and special. The girl she sketched once loved her. So no, it wasn’t who the people thought. Atleast, not anymore.

When a notification popped up last year: sooyeon.jj followed you, she couldn’t believe her eyes. That username was so obvious, she doesn’t like it that she could guess whose account that is. The only compensation she got is that it’s in private and that means she could be wrong. There’s no profile picture and no bio. Just a private account with zero followers and 1 following: her.

The thing is that Taeyeon was curious (or it’s what she told herself.) She thought that she would find out if her guess was true or not so she followed back. 

I’m an idiot. There’s no dp nor bio. Why did I expect she’ll post pictures? Taeyeon thought.

The girl didn’t like what she’s doing. She shook her head and didn’t mind the account till now.

A guy cleared his throat in front of Taeyeon. “Taeyeon.”

The artist looked up at the guy, Changmin. She sighed internally.

“If you’re available, I would like to invite you to lunch?” Changmin smiled as if Taeyeon would accept his offer after so many rejections. 

“You’re really persistent, how did you even know I was here?” 

“I asked Joohyun, so? We could invite Sunny too.” 

Taeyeon shook her head. Oh how she wanted to say no, “I guess lunch won’t hurt?” 

Changmin beamed, “Yes! Thank you, let’s go?”

The girl gave a kind smile and nodded.

They were in a fast food chain, Changmin was ordering while Taeyeon sat on their table and was texting Sunny. 

“This girl, I swear if she ditches me…” She muttered to herself.

She thought they would eat at their school’s cafeteria. Turns out, Changmin led her to a fast food place and she couldn’t complain. I mean, is this free or not? Taeyeon shook her head at herself. No way, if this is free he’ll think it’s a date. 

Her phone buzzed, it was the bunny. 

 

I’m not ditching you but I can’t go so goodluck.

-Soonkyu the annoying bunny

 

She groaned at the message. Not ditching me but can’t go? This girl ugh.

“Here I hope you like western food.” Changmin put the tray on the table and sat in front of Taeyeon.

“Where’s Sunny? She can’t go?”

Taeyeon raised her brows at what he said. It seems like he knows that Sunny can’t go. He was unwrapping his burger nonchalantly and smiling at the girl.

She sighed again internally. This is so annoying.

“Yeah she can’t.”

“That’s too bad. Maybe she’s busy?” The way he munched on that meat while talking annoyed Taeyeon more.

He’s really not a bad guy. Maybe a bit insensitive, his confidence sometimes turns into arrogance, and really persistent. She can’t pinpoint what’s exactly annoying about the guy (because she’s too nice like that) but there’s something about him that ticks her off.

“How’s class?” He asked.

“Good.”

“That’s good. I have no more class today. Student council is becoming busy so I’ve been going around the campus these days.” He chuckled.

“It’s hard to be a double major student with student council activities and other stuff. I mean could you imagine I-”

Taeyeon tuned him out. Yep, this was the reason he’s annoying. How could she forget? Everything he said goes in one ear and then out to the other. She dreaded this meet up—or set up she would say. 

There was a Television mounted up on the wall inside the restaurant. Taeyeon turned her attention there while nodding absentmindedly pretending that she was listening to whatever the guy she’s with is saying. 

It was on commercial until it started playing a show interviewing a girl group, SNSD. 

She stopped eating and stared at the screen. The restaurant was too loud for Taeyeon to hear exactly what they were saying. “We’ll be coming back soon so I hope our fans can wait for us.”

“Taeyeon?”

“Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon turned her head at Changmin who wasn’t looking at her. Instead he was looking at someone. She followed his gaze. There was a girl shouting her name and waving at her outside the restaurant. 

“Ji

Please log in to read the full chapter