Chapter 10

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn’t do it for her, it was true. But why does her expression bother Taeyeon? She put that painting there because she didn’t think Jessica would see it. She just wanted to put it out there….

Taeyeon sighed as she walked aimlessly on the street. She doesn’t want to go to the dorm yet nor does she want to spend time with people. It was really unfair. She hated how slowly her emotions bubbled up or it’s how she over analyzes her feelings that’s why it turned out like that. The moment she saw Jessica’s figure, she should have turned around and went out immediately. She shouldn’t have stared and waited for Jessica to see her.

Shouldn’t have checked whether I still feel things for her or not. 

The way she felt from nothing to everything in just a few moments. It’s like her own feelings betrayed her.

Just then she felt her stomach grumbling. Ugh, right I haven’t eaten since the morning.

Taeyeon was up early and in the campus busy checking and making sure everything's in place for the exhibition. Come to think of it, she shouldn't have gone out of the campus this early, there could have been curators visiting the gallery. 

No, it was fine. There was other staff there anyway. They could handle it without her.

"I know where to go…" she mumbled to herself. 

The smell of ramen broth made way as she entered the restaurant. There were quite a lot of people there. She saw her painting up on the wall, Taeyeon smiled to herself. It was a good feeling seeing her own creations being proudly presented. 

The artist sat on a vacant seat and waited for Ajumoni to come out. But instead, she saw a teenage boy coming out of the kitchen wearing an apron, he was holding a tray and serving a table. When the boy looked at her way, he smiled widely.

"Oh! Noona!" The boy waved.

"Sungjin, hey." She greeted when the boy went towards her.

"Haven't seen you in a while noona."

"Yeah, I've been busy in uni. Where's your eomma?"

"She's in the kitchen! I'll let her know you're here, wait a second." Sungjin excitedly went back to the kitchen.

Taeyeon patiently drummed her fingers on the table and waited. 

"Taeyeon ah." The girl looked up and saw Ajumoni smiling motherly at her and dusting her hands on her apron. 

She stood up and mirrored the lady's smile. Taeyeon bowed her head and greeted her. "Ajumoni." 

"I told Sungjin to get tonkatsu ramen, your usual order." Ajumoni sat and patted the chair beside her, ushering Taeyeon to sit as well.

"Thank you."

"So why are you here?"

Taeyeon pouted, "Ajumoni, it's like you don't want me here." 

"No, that's not true." Ajumoni laughed, "Usually you'll come here once a month or once in two months. That's how busy you are but now you're here again after a few weeks."

The girl sighed, two people she can't hide from that aren't her family by blood are Sunny and Ajumoni. 

So she just talked about it easily. She said about what happened earlier to the lady who was listening intently. It has always been easy to share things with Ajumoni. Taeyeon was glad she met another person like her mother. It's reassuring as well when she says everything and does not feel judged at all. Instead, Ajumoni even gives her advice and sometimes free food—which she's grateful for.

"You idiot! Why are you here then? You should have stayed there and talked to her." Ajumoni shook her as her son came back and put the food on the table. "Sungjin, handle the other customers for now."

"Neh, omma." The boy dutifully carried out his orders.

Ajumoni looked at Taeyeon and flicked her forehead. "What are you doing?"

The girl pouted and rubbed her forehead but didn't say anything.

"You should have talked to her."

"Taeyeon ah." Ajumoni called out. 

"Yes?" Taeyeon answered quietly.

"How do you feel? What do you feel right now?"

"I don't know…" 

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Avoid her?" Taeyeon eyed the ramen, she could feel her stomach growling aggressively.

"Why would you want to avoid her?" 

She sighed, "Because. I'm moving on." 

Ajumoni shook her head, "Idiot."

"Ajumoniii," she whined. "Why am I an idiot?"

"Because you are, just like my son." 

"Sungjin is a good son." Taeyeon grumbled.

"He is. Now, eat. I could hear your angry stomach."

Taeyeon said thank you for the food and started eating.

Ajumoni sighed as she looked at Taeyeon. She rubbed the girl’s back, "Eat slowly." 

The girl straightened her back and nodded. She slurped the noodles slowly. 

"Taeyeon ah, stop running away. No one can hurt you anymore." Ajumoni said softly.

Taeyeon froze when she heard what Ajumoni said. That's not true at all. Anyone could hurt her anytime. 

She just continued eating. The ramen was still a little hot, it was making her nose runny. Her eyes felt like it was watering from the heat as well or not. It was just the heat, yeah. 

"You know why no one can hurt you? Because you're strong now." Ajumoni smiled at Taeyeon as she wiped the girl’s runny nose.

Taeyeon shook her head in disagreement, "I'm not strong."

"Yes you are. You know how to be vulnerable, you just have to show it to the right person."

Taeyeon creased her eyebrows. 

"We both know you're just waiting for her. You're not really moving on." Ajumoni chuckled and patted Taeyeon's head.

"That's," Taeyeon put down her chopsticks. "That's not true, Ajumoni." 

The lady sighed, "Taengoo." 

Taeyeon bit her lip. Oh that nickname, Ajumoni just had to use that. 

"I'll just finish the food and I'll go. Sorry for bothering you Ajumoni." 

When Taeyeon finished her ramen she bid goodbye and thanked Ajumoni for the food. Ajumoni hugged her tightly before letting her go. "You're always welcome here, don't you forget that now." 

"I won't." Taeyeon smiled gratefully.

The moment she stepped out of the restaurant she saw Sungjin talking to some guy and they looked like they were fighting. 

She can't really make out what they're saying and she also doesn't want to be nosy so Taeyeon started walking away. 

"Why are you so afraid?!"

The girl stopped when she heard the shout. She turned tow

Please log in to read the full chapter