Chapter 12

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

It has been a while since Taeyeon opened her Instagram. She had just finished cleaning off the room when her Instagram notified her that there was a direct message.

‘Congrats on the exhibit.’ It was from the account of sooyeon.jj.

She stared at the message for a while until she just exited from the app and continued getting ready to leave the hall.

There would be busy days ahead and Taeyeon couldn’t afford any distractions. She’ll be an intern at an art agency and if things go well, she’ll also have work waiting for her when she finally graduates. This is for the best.

Taeyeon started walking out of the building but stopped right before stepping a foot out. It was still raining though not as hard as before.

“I should buy an umbrella…” She mumbled to herself. They only have one umbrella in their room and Sunny has it right now. Taeyeon grabbed her phone, at the same time a text message appeared.

It was Sunny. ‘I told her to message you herself. You better reply. A thanks would do!’

She huffed.

Not bothering to reply to her best friend, she went straight to her dm’s. Taeyeon quickly typed a ‘Thank you’ but hovered on the send button after. She bit her lip before slowly clicking the button.

“There, easy.” She whispered.

To her surprise it went on read in just a few seconds and the idol was already typing. She waited and didn’t take her eyes off her phone.

“Excuse me.” A student said from behind Taeyeon, startling her. She bowed and said sorry before stepping aside. She realized she was standing in front of the exit all this time.

Then a notification appeared.

‘You’re welcome.’

That was it. Taeyeon pursed her lips. She then noticed the sunlight shone beside her feet. It has already stopped raining. She locked her phone before walking away.

In three days Taeyeon seemed to go back to her routine from dorm to school and dorm to school, the usual. Sunny hadn't talked about the girls nor about her particularly. It made the artist feel weird, like there would be something to come; that it's just the calm before the storm.

Or maybe she’s just thinking too much as per usual.

The artist had been preparing for her internship with Ms. Oh. She already started for a day, familiarizing herself with the environment and whatnot. While continuing to do tasks from school.

Today, Ms. Oh had specifically said to go to a building in Cheongdamdong. She didn’t say which one, but they would meet there. The moment she got to the location, she prayed hard that it wasn't what she was looking at.

Her old agency.

"Taeyeon. Great, you're here, come on." Ms. Oh appeared and was ushering her to come inside the building.

This is happening is it.

.

Stepping inside the very building that she lost her dreams to. It was strangely just nostalgic. A lot of memories were here. Countless, whether good or bad.

Following behind Ms. Oh, Taeyeon tried to match pace with her while being conscious of the people around. Though, it's not like there's a lot but she's worried about seeing familiar faces.

"Our team will be handling the art creatives for the album. This will be a good opportunity for you, Taeyeon."

For the album? Whose album?

Taeyeon was expecting to work at a gallery or an office or an academy. She didn’t think of working as an intern in graphic art designing.

"Don't worry this isn't the only thing you’ll learn. SM hired us for this project, so I thought of making you a part of it as well. Besides I saw one of your graphic designs, you should work more on it as well!" Ms. Oh must have noticed Taeyeon's not-so-sure expression for her to explain which the artist was glad for. She understands what Ms. Oh is pertaining to. It just means that it will be good to have a lot of skills under one's belt. Taeyeon does agree, this will be a good opportunity.

"So, any questions before we meet the others?" Ms. Oh stopped in front of what seemed to be a meeting room and turned to Taeyeon.

"No ma'am," Taeyeon said but then she remembered something. "Wait uh whose album is it again?"

"I already told you earlier. It's SNSD's."

Because of course it's SNSD. It had to be that group.

"Are we meeting them today?" Taeyeon bit her lip.

"Later I guess," Ms. Oh looked at her wristwatch. "We'll have a meeting first. Come on."

The meeting passed by without Taeyeon noticing it had already been a few hours of them throwing ideas and making finalities about the project comeback album. To her relief, every face inside the room was extremely unfamiliar. The producers and other staff all looked intimidating and so professional that Taeyeon made a reality check for herself.

She needed to learn how to always act properly and professionally now. She’ll have to have more creative ideas to satisfy the higher ups. All this while Taeyeon was just silently listening to them and taking notes. The artist observed her boss and it amazed her of how Ms. Oh deals with things and how she contributes with well thought out ideas.

They were nearing the end of the meeting and Ms. Oh was finalizing the theme of the album cover. Once it was all settled, they called it a day.

“How was your first meeting, hmm?” Ms. Oh asked Taeyeon while grabbing her files which the intern immediately helped when she noticed.

“It was good! I learned a lot of things.”

“That’s good. You heard the theme, right? I want you to create one by friday.”

Friday was the day after tomorrow. She could do it.

“Yes! Of course, I’ll pass it on friday.”

Ms. Oh smiled and nodded in approval.

Taeyeon again was walking behind Ms. Oh when they passed by the training rooms.

I guess the cloud backdrops are still there…

“Taeyeon, I’ll be going somewhere else. Go to the office and clock out so you can go home early and work on your assignment.” Taeyeon nodded and watched her boss walking away while talking to someone on her phone.

She glanced at her watch and saw that it was about time she should clock out. The office was just a few minutes away so maybe she’ll buy coffee first. The intern started walking again, taking her time while looking around.

“Yah! Rascal!” Taeyeon almost jumped in surprise when she heard a shout. She doesn’t know if it was directed to her, but it felt like it was. So, she turned around and saw a frowning Kim Heechul.

“Heechul oppa?”

Immediately, Heechul headlocked Taeyeon in his arms and ruffled her hair.

“You rascal! It’s been years since I last saw you!”

“Oppa! Yah! My hair!”

Heechul released the girl from the head lock and gave her a quick hug instead.

“Kim Taeng, yahhh you look good huh.” Heechul smirked while looking at Taeyeon.

“Crazy oppa,” she grumbled while fixing her hair. “After ruining my hair.”

He laughed. “What are you doing here?”

“I missed you oppa.” She blurted not answering Heechul’s question by accident.

“Ohh you came here ‘cuz you missed me? Didn’t know I was that important to you Tae.”

“No.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “I’m here for work, as an intern.”

“What? An intern? F

Please log in to read the full chapter