Chapter 1

Dreams and Passions
Please log in to read the full chapter

She gave up singing. After training for it and almost debuting in a 9 member girl group, she gave it up. Kim Taeyeon was dropped from the group because of her 'identity' that will tarnish the group's name before even debuting. She experienced so many harsh things that weakened her passion. Taeyeon lost it.

The girl group debuted and skyrocketed to fame while Taeyeon finished high school and went to a prestigious university majoring in arts, her second passion.

Taeyeon still loves music but the trauma that the industry imprinted on her, it was too much. Art gave her the sense of security and peace that the former didn't. It was what gave her comfort and the sense of acceptance.

Her Dad once told her, "Whatever happens now and in the future, we will support you no matter what." After quitting from idol training, she hugged her dad tight. Taeyeon cried and whined. She yelled, "I worked so hard for everything and they dropped me for what!" "I was so tired dad…but I didn't give up." She sobbed.

Taeyeon's Dad rubbed her back and hugged her tight, "My daughter, I'm proud of you." It was the first time her dad saw her so aggressive and not Taeyeon like because she always has that calm demeanor just like her name. This was the time that broke Taeyeon's persona and made a turning point. It made her dad sad, he almost cried with her but he didn't. Instead, after taking Taeyeon home, he went to his wife and let the tears out.

"They made me give it up," Taeyeon harshly wiped her tears away and came up with a resolve that she will never go into the idol industry again.

She's living in her school's dorm as her family's house is in Jeonju. It's much too far and it's more realistic to stay in a dorm rather than to commute. She has a roommate named Sunny, her 'best friend', as her roommate would call herself. She does consider Sunny as her best friend since they've known each other since high school and they were both ex-trainees. Though, she wouldn't be caught calling Sunny her best friend right in front of her because her bunny-like friend loves to tease and annoy Taeyeon for it.

"Yah, Taeyeonnie. I can't believe you let me die last round! We're supposed to be teammates!" Sunny whined while Taeyeon and her walked on the hallway of their campus.

"You were idling by those box thingy, I told you to take cover. Not my fault you died." Taeyeon didn't spare Sunny a glance as she walked while keeping her eye on her book. The bunny friend pouted and huffed but decided not to comment.

"Kim Tae read that book when you're already in class will you, you're gonna trip," Sunny rolled her eyes and brushed up her blonde hair. She puffed out her chest and straightened her back more while walking. The blonde girl made sure her posture was noticeable by the gawking students they passed by.

Taeyeon halted and closed her book. She looked at Sunny who just noticed that Taeyeon stopped moving and turned towards her. "I'll be going this way, you have music theory first right?" Taeyeon said and Sunny nodded.

"Oh and by the way, stop flaunting your assets will you? It's annoying, hobbit." Taeyeon turned away and waved her back hand.

"Yah! Look who's talking! Anyways, I'll buy our dinner takeout later after my gig!" Sunny called out to Taeyeon who just brought her right thumb up as she continued to walk away.

Sunny was a music major and she is an arts major. Both of them were well known on campus. Taeyeon being coined as the "Beautiful white princess of the arts department" and Sunny as the "Adorable bunny vocalist of the music department." Students, whether junior or senior, will actually greet Taeyeon if they see her. Many wanted to get to know her and be close. Juniors in the arts department admired her for her projects and artworks. Some seniors praised her and wanted to mentor her, some didn't like her and feel like she's condescending for her attitude.

Taeyeon was a quiet and reserved girl. The most cliche word to describe her is calm, because she is. Most people at her university got that princess vibe from her hence the title beautiful white princess.

Inside the campus, she would give small smiles every now and then. When she's happy, she'll give a close-lipped smile and maybe chuckle or laugh. When she's under the weather, she'll give a straight face and a closed off aura, she won't smile. She'll wear her emotions on her sleeves.

To her juniors, she's a role model. Someone they looked up to and also intimidated of. She'll give tips and encouragement. She'll say, "Fighting! You can do this!" And they'll cheer up and find confidence to surpass her.

To her seniors, she's either, "Taeyeon is so talented, she s

Please log in to read the full chapter