Only With You Wife

This Is A Mess

Jinyoung was nervous. He was outside Jaebum’s house waiting for someone to come and answer the door. He hoped it would be Jaebum. His wish was granted when the door opened, revealing his crush.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” he replied casually. Jaebum stepped aside.

“Come in.” Jinyoung did so, Jaebum shutting the door behind him. “My music room’s just this way. Follow me.”

Jinyoung was lead to a medium sized room containing audio equipment, music technology hardware, a computer, as well as a keyboard or two, and various other things. He looked around, slightly in awe.

“This is all your’s?”

“Yes. We had the extra room and my parents knew music is a passion of mine, so they gave it to me. I love it. It’s great to have my own space.” He sat down at the computer, gesturing to another chair beside it. “Have a seat.” Jinyoung did so as Jaebum pulled up his music files. “Here they are. I’ll just play them all through and you can see what you think.”

Jinyoung nodded. “Okay, that sounds good. Play them.”

Jaebum’s songs were very good. Jinyoung was impressed by them. When choir first started he had just seen Jaebum as a cat-loving soccer player but now he saw what he really was. A talented, hardworking, musician who was very dedicated to what he did. He had definitely misjudged Jaebum. He was a much better person than Jinyoung originally thought he was. And that wasn’t just the crush talking.

“So what do you think?”

“They’re very good. But…”

“But what?” Jaebum questioned. “They’re not good enough?”

“It’s not that.” Jinyoung said quickly. “It’s more so I don’t know if it’ll wow the judges. We want something that really stands out, that really impresses them so we win. Something really original and hard-hitting. I think ‘Look’ is the best choice, it’s very catchy.”

“I do like Look.” Jaebum agreed. “Will the others like it?”

“I’m sure they will.”

Something caught Jinyoung’s eye at that point. It was a song that Jaebum hadn’t shown to him. “What’s ‘Never Ever’?”

“Ah, that one isn’t finished yet. I’m not sure of what fits.” Jaebum explained.

“Can I listen?” Jinyoung asked.

“But there’s no words for me to sing along to. And the audio is only half done. Maybe not even that.”

“It doesn’t matter, let me listen.”

Jaebum clicked on the file. Indeed there wasn’t much, hardly anything was there. But it was more than enough to convince Jinyoung that this was the song. This was their song they would sing in the final round. It was perfect. Dramatic, cool, original, chic - the judges would love it.

“This one.” he declared. “We’ll sing Never Ever.”

Thankfully Jaebum’s parents liked Jinyoung. They spoke away happily to him at dinner. “You need to come again sometime.” they had said. Jinyoung had nodded and thanked them politely. He would like that. After eating they went back to Jaebum’s music room to work on Never Ever. They managed to progress with some vocals’ lyrics but struggled more on the rap.

“We don’t know much about rap. So how about we take it into school and show it to the others? I’m sure Jackson, Mark-hyung and Bambam will be able to come up with something. And they can help with the audio for those parts as well.” Jaebum suggested.

“That’s a better idea. We’ll just work on the singing parts for now. And we’ll ask the others what they think.”

The pair sat writing lyrics for a while. “What do you think for this part, the end of the chorus?”

Jinyoung thought for a moment. “How about ‘you’re mine’? ‘Baby you’re mine’?”

Jaebum frowned a little. “It doesn’t fit, though the words are good. What’s ‘you’re mine’ in English?” He clicked onto the web browser, typing up a Korean to English translator. He entered in the words, producing the result he wanted.

“Baby you’re mine, baby you’re mine.” Jinyoung sang softly.

“That sounds good, we’ll do that.” Jaebum noted it down. "We can get Mark-hyung to double-check all the English later."

“It’s possessive, isn’t it?” Jinyoung commented as he read over the words.

“Well, it can be interpreted like that.” the elder replied, fiddling with the audio.

“Would you say you’re possessive, JB-ssi?” Jinyoung asked in mocking tone. He certainly didn’t expect the reply he got.

“Only with you, wife.”

He hated the way his heart skipped a beat.

The couple made good progress on the song. Jaebum agreed to take in the files for the next choir practise for the others to listen to. He hoped they all would like it. Jaebum’s dad drove Jinyoung home that night. Jaebum sat in the car with them, talking to Jinyoung about choir and music.

“We might need to come to your house to work on the song some night. Just to make sure it’s finished in time.”

“That’s no problem, is it, dad?”

“No, no problem at all. Come over as much as you need to.” He pulled up beside Jinyoung’s home. “Here we are.”

Jinyoung undid his seatbelt, opening the car door. “Thank you for having me over, Mr Im. It was very kind of you.”

“You’re very welcome. It was very nice to have you.” Jaebum’s father said.

“I’ll see you at school on Monday.” he said to Jaebum.

“See you on Monday.” Jaebum replied, giving a small smile. Jinyoung gave a smile back before sliding off the seat and heading into his house. His night with Jaebum had been nice. He had been worried about nothing. Yugyeom’s advice was actually useful for once. He would have to thank the sunhead for it. But that could wait. He had more important things to do. Like sleeping.

Conversation: gyeomthestage, pepijy

gyeomthestage: how was ur date @jaebum hyung’s? did u kiss?

gyeomthestage: where are u? u said ud be back by 10

gyeomthestage: omg did u go to sleep? u weak . whatever we’ll talk in the morning

gyeomthestage: morning the ing sun is out

gyeomthestage: where u at?

gyeomthestage: omg respond u hoe

pepijy: omfg why did you send me so many messages?

gyeomthestage: bc im super curious about yr date w/ hyung

pepijy: it wasn’t a date

gyeomthestage: iT wAsN’t A dAtE

pepijy: it wasn’t!

gyeomthestage: suuuure

pepijy: we just worked on some choir things and had dinner. that was it

gyeomthestage: did u kiss?

pepijy: no

gyeomthestage: bet u did

pepijy: i fckin wish we did

pepijy: but no

gyeomthestage: ur thirstin

pepijy: i am

gyeomthestage: ur thirsty for some jaebutt

pepijy: ew no

gyeomthestage: ur right wrong way around

gyeomthestage: he’s thirsty for some pepi peach ;)

pepijy: it’s too early for u and ur

gyeomthestage: it isn’t

gyeomthestage: btw want to see a great meme?

pepijy: no

pepijy: save ur memes + vines for bambam

gyeomthestage: fine whatever be a stick in the mud then

gyeomthestage: and what’s this choir thing u and ur boyfriend are working on that u won’t tell us about?

pepijy: we’re gonna show you at choir

gyeomthestage: are u engaged?

pepijy: we’re already married

gyeomthestage: oh yeah forgot

pepijy: smh this is why ur my least favorite child

gyeomthestage: but jb is 2nd last in ur ranking tho? so u hate ur husband as well?

gyeomthestage: or do u hate him for being so y?

pepijy: wtf

gyeomthestage: im just saying u should see him when he plays soccer

gyeomthestage: his muscles his arms his legs his chest, the way the sweat drips off his skin

gyeomthestage: like damn

pepijy: since when do u watch him play soccer?

pepijy: and since when did u find him hot?

gyeomthestage: u jelly?

pepijy: kill yourself

gyeomthestage: ill choke myself on jaebum’s thighs

pepijy: i’ll choke u myself if u don’t watch it


Group: this is a mess

pepijy: u guys can all make it to rehearsals this week can’t u?

flyingmork: yeah

thebiggame: yup

doubleb: sure can

otterjae: yeah

defsoul: yes

gyeomthestage: yas

pepijy: ok good bc me and jb have something to show u

flyingmork: “jb”

thebiggame: “have something to show u”

doubleb: ooooh i wonder what it is

gyeomthestage: are u getting a divorce?

otterjae: is it something for the contest?

pepijy: youngjae: the only one of the children with any intelligence

gyeomthestage: “the children”

gyeomthestage: omg shut up

defsoul: youngjae is right, it’s for the contest. me and jinyoung worked on it a bit and we want to show it to u guys and see what you think of it

thebiggame: sounds good

flyingmork: is it a song?

doubleb: if it is why can’t u just send it to us now?

otterjae: is it a secret?

defsoul: yes it is

gyeomthestage: is it something i can grind to?

pepijy: i will kick u out the gc i stg u keep ur filthy dance moves away from this song

thebiggame: grinding is good tho

flyingmork: u would think that

thebiggame: what does that mean?

flyingmork: u strike me as the kind of person to love grinding/y moves

thebiggame: bc im WILD AND Y

thebiggame: jaebum hyung is chic and y

doubleb: is this like a soccer club thing?

thebiggame: nah we’re just hot

otterjae: tbh everyone in this group is attractive

gyeomthestage: omg lets not have this conversation or else it’ll just end in an argument about who the best looking guy is + bambam talking about how hot he is plus his legs

doubleb: i mean they’re pretty amazing

flyingmork: no one cares

gyeomthestage: exactly my point. and we’ve already had this convo before. so let’s not get into it

thebiggame: oh s/o soccer actually we have a game coming up!

thebiggame: it’s against the team at bighit high school and my friend namjoon is going to be playing!!

pepijy: oh god

flyingmork: not this again

thebiggame: namjoon is my best friend, my soulmate, my lifelong partner

thebiggame: yet he never answers my calls

doubleb: omg stop

gyeomthestage: be quiet

thebiggame: i give him a beautiful friendship and he throws it away!!!

thebiggame: what did i do to deserve this??

defsoul: u won’t shut the hell up for one

doubleb: lmafo bURN

otterjae: is that tru jackson hyung?

defsoul: he’s exaggerating. it’s just that namjoon is super smart and has a lot of hobbies and responsibilities in the school so he doesn’t always have time for jackson

pepijy: and so he cries like a girl over it?

defsoul: exactly

flyingmork: ull see him at the soccer game

gyeomthestage: exactly ull see him then so cheer up hyung!

thebiggame: i’ll try to

doubleb: when is the game?

defsoul: wednesday

defsoul: like the lessons before lunch?

doubleb: yaaaas ill get out of math

doubleb: that class

gyeomthestage: im with ya buddy screw math

gyeomthestage: i’ll come

doubleb: 100% there

thebiggame: mark hyung? youngjae?

flyingmork: i’ve just got pe then anyway and pse. i’ll come

otterjae: i’ll come

defsoul: jinyoung?

pepijy: i’ll come too

thebiggame: great! so we’re all going

pepijy: he’s used so many exclamation marks today

defsoul: he’s just hyped for the game

defsoul: also prb to see namjoon and beg him to hang out again

thebiggame: i can’t help it i miss my bro

flyingmork: mood

otterjae: it’s ok hyung u’ll see namjoon hyung on Wednesday

thebiggame: i will

thebiggame: and then i’ll see his team wallow in tears and mud after we ing own them at soccer

otterjae: ……

defsoul: ……

pepijy: ……

flyingmork: ……

gyeomthestage: ……

doubleb: that’s the spirit!!