The life of an Emperor

The golden mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up again, thinking that all of it had just been a dream. That when I wake up, I will be sleeping in a hospital bed with the girls beside me but no. I was still in that traditional room. I removed the blanket and walked over to the door, opening it to take a walk outside when I was stopped by a few eunuchs and the blue-robed eunuch.

Man in blue robe: Your highness! Where are you going? You can't go out like that! I will call the servants to help you get dressed.

Jahoon: I just wanted to take a walk in the garden…

I turned around to walk inside to wait for the so-called servants to dress me when I remembered that I don't have that blue robe's name. I turned around again to look at him which caught him by surprise.

Jahoon: My memories still fainted from waking up from the coma. Can you tell me your name and why you're dressed in a blue robe, unlike the others?

The man looked at me, confused for a second but answered while bowing down a bit.

Man in blue robe: My name is Sanha. You have appointed me as your right-hand servant, that is why I'm dressed in a blue robe because I'm a higher ranking than the others here.

Jahoon: My right hand, you say?

Sanha: Yes, your highness.

I nodded and walked inside, waiting for a moment before someone knocked on the door.

Jahoon: Come in!

The door slid open and a few eunuchs walked inside with a bunch of hanboks.

Eunuch: Your highness, please choose what outfit you want to wear today.

The eunuch bowed as he gestured me towards the hanboks. I investigated each one of them before choosing a blue and gold hanbok. I got dressed with the help of the eunuchs and walked outside of the room, seeing Sanha on my right side.

Jahoon: Please show me where our garden is. I want to try and walk around the Palace to see if I can remember anything.

Sanha: Of course, your highness. It is right this way, your highness.

We walked outside to a beautiful garden with sakura trees. Their petals falling down as the light wind passed them. It reminded me of Sakura unnie and her pink hair. I smiled to myself, picturing Sakura unnie wearing a tree costume to match.

Sanha: I'm sorry, your highness but can I ask what your highness is smiling about?

Jahoon: Oh! Nothing nothing. I was just reminded by someone… by the way Sanha, could you please tell me what… what my job is and how it… works? I know that I'm an Emperor but how do… I lead a whole empire?

Sanha: Your highness doesn't have to worry much since your highness has appointed people to help you take care of the different things such as politics, military, and the people. They will come to you about stuff that, for example, are worrying the people and you discuss with them how to help. In the end, your highness chooses what is the best solution, like you always have done your highness.

I sighed and glanced over the water in front of the garden. I whispered to myself.

Jahoon: Easier said than done when I haven't done it before but sounds kind of what I have been doing for Utopia.

Sanha: I'm sorry, your highness. I didn't quite hear what you said.

Jahoon: Nothing. Please introduce me to them again soon. It sounds like I have done a good job before the coma.

Winter: Yes you did, your highness.

I turned around to see Winter walking towards me. Sanha bowed to me and walked away, standing meters away from Winter and me with the other eunuchs, giving us privacy. Winter smiled at me.

Winter: You have always done a good job whatever it's in this dimension or the other dimension.

Small boy: Father!

A small boy ran to us hugging my leg as the eunuchs who had followed him stopped a few meters away. I looked at Winter with a confused expression and mouthed to her: "Is this also my child?" Winter nodded as she kneeled down to the little boy's height.

Winter: Minwoo! What are you doing here? Where is your mother?

I looked at Winter with a more confused expression. What does she mean by that? Wasn't she also this boy's mother?

???: Minwoo! I told you to not run around like this. You would hurt yourself.

I looked in the direction of the voice and saw Giselle walking towards us with a few other eunuchs.

Minwoo: Mother! I was just happy to see father again! I want to go and play archery with father and big brother again!

Wait! Hold on! So Giselle is mother to Minwoo while I'm his father, which means that Giselle and I are married? And I also have more children than Minwoo and Jihan? Oh lord! What is this? I don't even know if this would be considered paradise or hell! Winter and Giselle could sense my confusion as they looked at each other.

Giselle: Minwoo, go with the servants and find your brothers to play with.

Minwoo: Yes, mom! Bye, father!

Minwoo waved at me and ran away with the eunuchs trying to follow right behind. I looked at both Giselle and Winter with a raised eyebrow and my hands on my waist.

Jahoon: Explain. How many kids do I have and how many people am I married to?

Winter: 10 kids

Giselle: And until now 4 wives.

Jahoon: Excuse me what?! Tell me you are lying. Right? Eh~ don't joke like that~

Giselle: We aren't joking.

Jahoon: Then if I'm married to you two… then who are the other two?

Winter: Karina and NingNing.

Jahoon: Should have guessed that. I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter