The annual fight competition (part 1)

The golden mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju: Are you ready for the competition, Jahoon?

Jahoon: I was born ready! I'm just thinking of this as a way to polish my skills before our small adventure.

I looked at Minju with a grin. She smiled at me and caressed my head before walking out to the living room to Chaewon. Today was finally what all the students had been waiting for. The annual fight competition, where the students could prove their worth and power to the rest of the school. I grabbed whatever I considered the most important such as my phone, extra clothes, gears for fighting, etc., and threw everything into my sports bag. I threw it over my shoulder and walked out to see Yujin wrestling with Yena. Eunbi walked past them and hit them in the back of their head.

Eunbi: You two should save your energy for your fights today!

Eunbi walked towards me as I was now sitting in the kitchen eating my breakfast. She sat down next to me and patted my head. Yujin and Yena came to join us. After a while, we all finished eating and made our way to our school's main building where the competition was going to be held for the next few days. As soon as we entered, we were greeted by the loud sounds of other students. Some students were glancing towards us and some were even glaring at us. Understandable. As we were walking towards the arena, we were stopped by a group of girls, better known as Red Velvet and Aespa.

Irene: Well look who we have here. Isn't it the famous person of the school Park Jahoon? The school's number 1 since entering?

Irene walked forward to the group to stand in front of me. Yena and Yujin began making their way to stand in front of me before I stopped them by simply extending my arm out. Irene clicked her tongue and used one hand to lightly tap my cheek.

Irene: Just wait…. I will destroy you today.

She then walked past us with her groups of friends following her right behind. Winter stopped to look at me for a moment and gave me a smile before following the rest of her group.

Chaeyeon: Was it just me or did I just see Winter smiling at you Jahoon?

Sakura: I bet 100,000,000 won that Winter likes you Jahoon.

Yujin: I put double on that.

Sakura: That is not how betting works. You have to bet on the opposite side.

Yena: Then I will triple that but that Winter doesn’t like her.

Jahoon: Okay okay, am I just an object or something to bet with? Come on. Let’s go to the arena, the intro is about to start soon.

We entered the arena. The arena looked like the one “normal” people would be seeing in movies of Gladiator with the arena being split into four battlefields. Looking up, a big screen was hanging from the roof, showing the arena as a whole. Some students were already beginning to enter the arena as they were sitting on the benches surrounding the arena. At the side with lesser people, the girls from Everglow could be seen waving at us. We all made our way towards them and sat right next to them.

Sihyeon: Are you ready for the competition girls?

Yena: Hell yeah!

Sihyeon and Yena high-fived each other. I looked behind me to see Minju, Yuri, and Wonyoung looking between each other with worry in their eyes.

Yuri: But I'm worried….. What if I accidentally hurt someone really badly doing the competition? Can't live with the guilt if that ever is going to happen.

Minju: And also when we go up against each other? I can't hurt you guys.

Wonyoung: I think I'm going to cry.

Eu & Eunbi: Don't cry little baby.

Eunbi and Eu wrapped their arms around Wonyoung as they comforted her. Suddenly I felt someone sitting beside me. I looked to my right to see Winter just right beside me with Red Velvet and the rest of Aespa beside her. Winter gave me a smile before turning her head to the arena. Before I could say anything, Principal Kim walked into the arena.

Principal Kim: Welcome students! Welcome to the annual fight competition! As usual, the competition will take place over three days! During the next three days, you guys would have the opportunity to prove your worth and power to the teachers and masters of our schools. By your performance and ranking, you would be separated into the different classes as of class Alpha, class Beta, class Delta, and class Omega. You may already know the rules but for new students, the rules are simple! Each fight will last 30 minutes. You may use anything that is within the arena and you can use all tricks you want but you can't use tricks that would be considered dangerous and threaten your opponent’s life and of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter