Regrets are always in the end

Sakura
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Bora was surprised to see Taehyung coming in.

She has just started having dinner..

 

“I thought you wouldn’t come home tonight so I didn’t ask anyone to prepare your food..” she said as she continued eating.

 

Taehyung sat across her.

 

“How could you say that to your grandson, Madame Bora? Other grandparents would usually leave something for their precious children but you-..”

 

“It’s because I thought you’d be full tonight..” said Bora looking at him. “Did the woman dump you? Is this why you came home already?”

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

“Who says I get dumped? Your grandson never gets rejected Madame Bora..” he said as he took one of the roasted potatoes and ate it.

 

Then he turned to one of the maids.

 

“Ahjumma.. would you please give me a plate? My kind grandma will share her food with me..” he said smiling.

 

“Look at you being proud..” said Bora shaking her head.

 

“To be honest.. I met two of them today..” Taehyung continued. 

 

Bora’s eyes widened.

He means two women? How did he even..? In that short span of time..?

 

“A woman in her twenties and a.. little girl..” said Taehyung checking her reaction as he put some potatoes on his plate.

 

“What? A little girl? I’ll call the police and have you arrested immediately!” said Bora throwing the table napkin to him.

 

Taehyung laughed loudly.

His grandma is the best at giving the best reactions..

He knew he wouldn’t be bored living with her here in Seoul..

 

“I met Team Leader Kim and her daughter..” he said as he started eating. “I gave them a ride home because it was raining..”

 

Bora stared at him for a few seconds.

 

“You?” she asked him with a surprised look. “You did?”

 

Taehyung’s lips curled up.

She doesn’t believe him? No one believes him whenever he does something good..

 

“Of course I did..” he replied. “I felt bad seeing her carrying her child in her arms while it was raining..”

 

Bora smiled.

 

“You did good.. I’ll give you extra credits for that..” she said as she continued eating. “Be good to her whenever you can.. seeing Jisoo makes me reflect on myself a lot..”

 

Taehyung put his fork down and looked at her.

 

“I was lucky enough to be born into a well-off family so I didn’t struggle to make ends meet while she’s a single parent who supports both her mom and her daughter by herself..” Bora added.

 

Taehyung remained silent.

She sure has it hard.. but she handles it so well.. really well that he never thought she had that kind of background..

 

“Has she been working for a long time at your company?” he asked curiously.

 

He knows that he and Team Leader Kim are of the same age so that means she graduated just 4 years ago. Even if she started working right away, isn’t the promotion to become a Team Leader a little fast?

 

“She did her internship at the company on her second year of college.. it was a year before she got pregnant.. and she came back to finish her internship on her fourth year..” said Bora smiling as she recalled about Jisoo. “She has just given birth that time.. I didn’t even know she already had a child back then..”

 

Taehyung smiled onesidedly.

She doesn’t really look like she’s a mother already.. is it because she’s small?

 

“Then she came to work once with her child.. maybe her daughter was only three months old that time.. she said she had to bring her because her mother had to work that day..” Bora continued. “Many of our employees were talking about her.. you know what I mean when I say they talk about her.. they were badmouthing her.. but that girl wasn’t bothered at all.. she worked hard and did an even better job than anyone.. that’s why I asked her to work for me even before she could finish her internship..”

 

“This must be why you favor her over me..” said Taehyung as he thinned his eyes. “Maybe I should have gotten myself a child too..”

 

Bora held the knife tightly.

 

“I would kill you if that were to happen..” she said glaring at him. “You should focus on learning how to handle the business first!”

 

Taehyung smiled at her lovely reaction.

Madame Bora looks lovely when angry.. that’s why he makes fun of her..

 

“I won’t..” he said lowering his gaze to his plate. 

 

He doesn’t even plan to get married.. why would he want a child?

But he can’t say it to his grandma because he knows she will be disappointed in him..

 

 

 

————————-

 

 

 

The next morning, Jisoo was walking towards the Marketing team when Jennie surprised her by giving her a backhug.

 

“You startled me!” said Jisoo putting a hand on her chest. “I couldn’t hear your footsteps at all..”

 

Jennie smiled seeing her fun reaction.

Then she noticed she was holding a paper bag in her hand.

 

“What is that unnie?” she asked taking a peek of what was inside. 

 

The only thing she was able to see was the brand and its color.

 

“Did you buy it unnie? Wow.. that’s a really famous brand!” she said amazed. “But.. I think I have seen this before.. where did I see this?”

 

Jisoo hid it behind her back.

She must have seen at Taehyung’s desk yesterday..

He hung it on his chair all day.. there’s no way she wouldn’t have seen that..

 

“This isn’t mine.. it’s the intern’s jacket..” she told her the truth.

 

What good it would do her to lie about it? That would make it just worse..

 

Jennie’s eyes widened.

 

“Did you two make up? Have you become closer now? You were always bickering ever since he came to work..” she said smiling. “I knew you wouldn’t buy anything expensive unnie..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

It isn’t like she won’t buy anything expensive but it’s more like she can’t afford to buy them..

This jacket alone costs more than half of her salary monthly..

She’s going to starve her mom and Sakura like that!

 

“I’m glad to know that he isn’t that bad guy we were thinking of before..” said Jennie. “I honestly thought he would be a totally spoiled grandson who looks down at other people.. I thought he would be too cocky and he would come late to work whenever he wanted to...”

 

The two of them came inside the room and Jisoo’s eyes were automatically searching for Taehyung to give him back his jacket.

 

But she couldn’t find him.

 

Taehyung hasn’t arrived yet.

 

No.. the truth is he hasn’t woken up yet..

 

Taehyung didn’t know why or how it happened but he slept so well last night.. that he overslept!

 

And his grandma didn’t even wake him up!

How could Madame Bora do this to him?

 

He arrived at the company an hour later..

 

He was asking himself how on earth he slept so soundly that he didn’t hear his alarm!

 

“Team Leader Kim asked you to report on her..” said Jennie upon seeing him enter.

 

Taehyung sighed.

She must be angry right now.

Can she fire him for being late? He just earned some credits last night but it looks like he’s going to lose all of them..

 

He knocked on the door before coming inside.

 

Jisoo was typing on the keyboard.

She looked at the time from the desktop.

An hour late? An intern came an hour late without any notice?

 

Is it because he helped her yesterday that he’s acting like this?

No wonder he was being nice and all..

It wasn’t for free as expected from him..

 

“I’m sorry I came late..” said Taehyung bowing his head. “I didn’t hear my alarm and grandma didn’t wake me up so-..”

 

“I don’t think we are at school that you should be giving me these excuses..” said Jisoo interrupting him. “Those are what you say to your teacher then the whole class will start laughing and not take it seriously..”

 

Taehyung bit his lower lip.

She’s cranky.. she seems furious..

What should he do?

 

“I will treat you like the other employees too..” said Jisoo looking at him. “Get off work an hour later.. that’s the least you could do..”

 

“Can’t I do that tomorrow instead? I have something to attend to tonight so I need to go away as early as I could..” he said trying to sound as earnest as possible.

 

Jinyoung asked him to attend a party with him and he has already promised him to do so!

The place is quite far so he needs to leave work exactly at 4..

 

He hasn’t been to any party ever since he came to Seoul and he also wanted to meet other people.. well.. women in particular..

 

Jisoo gritted her teeth.

How dare he ask to do it tomorrow instead when he was late today?

 

“Do you think you are in any position to request something like that? I’m not asking you to stay until midnight but-..”

 

“Please cut me some slack just today..” said Taehyung with his eyes closed tightly.

 

He’s literally forgotten about his pride at this point.

He’s even begging her now..

 

“No..” said Jisoo sternly. “You must finish work at 5 pm today..”

 

Taehyung sighed.

All his begging didn’t do him any good. Why did he even do that?

 

“I should have never stopped yesterday when I saw you with your daughter..” he said murmuring to himself before going out.

 

Jisoo heard him.

It’s impossible not to hear it when he said it loud enough for her to hear.

 

Just when she thought he was a nice guy even for a little.. just when she felt thankful to him for one time.. he still turns out to be a total jerk..

 

She looked at the paperbag she wanted to give him and kicked it.

 

She’s so mad that she wants to shred him into pieces!

 

She grabbed a pair of scissors and took his jacket out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter