Wanting to protect her

Sakura
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jisoo was wiping Sakura’s face and hands.

Her daughter has just finished having breakfast and the two of them are preparing to leave.

 

“Can we go home, mom?” asked Sakura looking at her. 

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

Thankfully, Sakura is all better after getting some treatment and a few medicines.

 

She looked at the time. It was just past 9 am..

Is Intern Kim even up at this hour? Will he really come to pick them up?

 

A few minutes later, they heard a knock on the door.

And there entered Taehyung who had his forehead glowing with sweat.

 

“I’m sorry.. I came a little late..” he said catching his breath.

 

He was literally running from the parking area to this room.

He couldn’t find a free space! Why are there so many people in the hospital on a Sunday morning?

 

“Goodmorning uncle..” said Sakura smiling at him.

 

Taehyung sat in front of her and put a hand on her forehead checking her temperature.

She seems pretty fine today.. that’s a relief..

 

He turned to Jisoo and handed her a paperbag.

 

“What is it?” she asked puzzled.

 

“Hmm.. my grandma.. told me to bring some clothes for you to change into..” he replied embarrassedly. “Don’t worry.. they aren’t that new..”

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed.

What does he mean by they aren’t that new? That they are new but not really new?

 

“Please tell the CEO that I’m thankful to her..” she said smiling.

 

But little did she know that Taehyung bought those clothes before coming to the hospital.

Well.. he did force the saleslady to open the store as fast as she could.. and he even used his charms..

 

Jisoo went to change into those clothes.

They were a pair of baggy pants and a loose shirt.

They looked really comfortable to wear. The fabric was really smooth and... wait..

 

Her eyeballs almost fell from her head when she saw the brand.

Why did he bring her something this expensive? She would be too mindful wearing this worrying she might ruin it..

Maybe the dress from last night could be a lot better.. 

 

She went out of the bathroom a few minutes later after finally deciding to wear those luxurious clothes.

 

She found her daughter and Taehyung playing with each other.

Sakura was giggling a lot..

Does she find that uncle funny?

 

Taehyung glanced at Jisoo and seemed satisfied.

He never fails to measure women’s sizes even just by looking at them..

Wait.. is that something he can even be proud of?

 

Jisoo was folding her dress when the nurse came in and asked her to come out to fill up some papers.

 

“Mom will be back right away.. play well with uncle, okay?” she said patting Sakura’s head.

 

Then she turned to Taehyung.

 

“Can you look over her for a moment?”

 

Taehyung nodded right away.

He doesn’t even need to look over her because she’s such a good kid..

 

Jisoo followed the nurse outside.

She needs to settle the bill and buy some medicines as well.

 

“Please sign here..” said the nurse giving her a pen.

 

Jisoo signed it right away.

 

“May I ask for the bill? And.. if I can pay with my card?” she asked as she took her wallet out of her bag.

 

“Your husband has already paid last night..” the nurse replied as she gave her the receipt.

 

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

What did the nurse say? Hus..band? Who? 

 

“Your husband paid for everything already..” the nurse repeated. 

 

Wait.. she doesn’t mean.. Intern Kim? Taehyung?

Did he pay for her? Why? He didn’t say anything..

 

“And these are the medicines and the vitamins your daughter should take..” said the nurse giving her a huge paperbag. “Your husband paid forthem as well.. these should be good for three months..”

 

Jisoo’s mouth fell open.

She was only thinking of buying a week’s worth because she was short with money but that guy really bought and paid for everything?

 

She took the paperbag hesitantly.

What should she do? What should she tell him?

 

She was thinking to herself until she found herself standing in front of Sakura’s room.

 

She could hear her daughter’s giggles again..

And Taehyung was also laughing while playing with her..

 

She feels embarrassed now.. how would she face him? 

Can she even accept that big help from him?

When he is a stranger to her and to her daughter.. when he is not related to her at all.. and the most important fact is.. he is the only grandson of the company she’s working for..

 

 

————————

 

 

Sakura fell asleep on their way home and Taehyung carried her in his arms to their bedroom.

 

He entered this house finally.. Sakura wanted to invite him inside the first time they met each other but Team Leader Kim didn’t want to..

 

It was a small apartment with one bedroom, a small bathroom and the kitchen and living room are pretty much in the same space.

 

There were lots of what seem to be like Sakura’s drawings and writings all over the wall.

She must be practicing how to write her name these days.. it’s written everywhere.. literally..

 

“I’ll go now..” he said after seeing Jisoo come back from the bedroom.

 

But Jisoo grabbed his arm.

 

“About.. the medicines and the hospital bill..” she said embarrassedly. “Let me pay you..”

 

She needs to pay him.. she has to.. she has thought about it a lot on their way home and there’s no way she can accept something that huge..

 

Taehyung pulled his arm away from her.

 

“Don’t worry about it..” he said looking sideways. 

 

What should he say to convince her? It wasn’t even that much.. she shouldn’t think about it..

 

“I always pay for the ladies.. that’s right.. I told you I can sometimes be a gentleman..” he said smiling onesidedly.

 

“But.. that’s too much and I don’t think it’s appropriate to-..”

 

Taehyung took a step closer to her.

 

“Then you can pay me.. using another means.. he said with a smirk.

 

Jisoo gulped.

What does he mean by that? What’s with him again?

 

Taehyung kept on taking one step closer to her making her move backward until her back touched the wall.

 

“W-what.. kind of-..?” asked Jisoo automatically covering her chest with both hands.

 

“Something.. I.. like..the most..” he said it whispering to her and making goosebumps on her.

 

Jisoo pushed him away.

 

“You’re being crazy again.. I won’t pay you anymore if that’s what you want!” she said fanning her face.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

“Then I’ll leave now..” he said heading towards the door.

 

But Jisoo ran after him making him turn back to her.

 

“Why? Does Team Leader Kim not want to let me go anymore?” he asked laughing. “Are you willing to give the payment I want from you?Are you going to miss this good looking face-..?”

 

“Stay for lunch..” said Jisoo softly. “Let me treat you to a meal..”

 

Taehyung remained frozen.

It’s the first time a woman said she’d treat him to a meal.. 

 

The women he frequents would tell him they’d treat him to something else..

And maybe because he got used to it that he didn’t feel anything special anymore..

 

And maybe because he has heard of this for the first time.. it feels.. weird.. 

He took a deep breath before nodding his head.

 

Jisoo smiled a little.

She can cook for him at least.. she needs to always return the favor.. even in the smallest ways..

 

“You can sit there while I start cooking..” she said as she put her apron on. “Or.. you can take a nap if you want to..”

 

Taehyung just nodded his head.

Does she think she can sit still and just take a nap at someone else’s house?

Surely not when he’s a woman’s house.. although this isn’t his first time but still.. he feels a little awkward..

 

He took some of Sakura’s textbooks and started reading them.

He isn’t doing this because he’s interested in learning what a five year old does at school but he’s only doing this because he doesn’t know what to do..

 

Looking at Sakura’s books.. it seems like she has just started learning how to write the alphabet..

Her handwriting is still messy.. but cute in some way..

 

Her drawings are also fun to see.. well, he isn’t saying they are funny but they are so unique that he finds himself smiling while looking at them.

 

And then he stumbled on another drawing of hers..

She must have made this at school by herself because the captions she made at the top are full of wrong spellings..

 

The instruction was asking her to represent her dream by drawing it..

 

And this 5 year old girl drew herself in the middle of a woman who is supposed to be her mother and a man.. whom he believes Sakura is referring to as her father..

 

Her dream is to have a complete family.. 

 

Taehyung sighed as he stared at the drawing..

She isn’t asking too much but her dream is one of the hardest ones to achieve..

He found himself relating to her again.. he, as well, has once dreamed of having a complete family.. but that was just impossible for him.. his parents died even before he could get to know them better..

 

He was having flasbacks inside his head when he noticed Jisoo approaching him.

He closed the book right away and put it back on the table.

 

“Were you reading her books?” asked Jisoo smiling. “She’s really bad at writing, isn’t she?”

 

Taehyung chuckled.

She’s dissing her own child and she looks proud!

 

“I need to go out for a moment to buy something just at the end of the street..” said Jisoo putting her coat on. “Can you stay here by yourself just in case Sakura wakes up?”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

“Okay.. I mean.. I’ll stay here then..” he said shyly.

 

So this is what it feels to wait inside a woman’s house.. and to check on a sleeping child every now and then..

He keeps learning new things thanks to Team Leader Kim.

 

A few minutes passed and he heard the doorbell ring.

 

Did Team Leader Kim perhaps not bring her keys? Is she back already?

 

He opened the door without much thought and was startled to see another woman.

 

It must be her mother.. he had a pretty quick glance of her last night but he’s sure she’s her mother.. they have strong resemblance as well..

Their blood must be really strong though..

 

“Oh.. you are that man from last night..” said Alessia surprised to see him opening the door for her.

 

She has just finished working for two hours and wanted to see how her granddaughter is doing after getting discharged from the hospital.

 

“Goodmorning Mrs. Kim..” said Taehyung bowing his head deeply.

 

What should he do now? Why did Team Leader Kim have to go out at this moment?

 

“Looking at you closer.. you really are a handsome young man..” said Alessia holding his arms. “What’s your name? How do you know my daughter?”

 

She had a lot of questions about him last night but she was too worried about Sakura that she couldn’t ask anything.

 

“Kim Taehyung.. an intern under Team Leader Kim’s care..” said Taehyung nervously. 

 

Alessia smiled wider as she pulled him to sit down on the couch.

 

“Are you perhaps married?” she asked curiously.

 

Taehyung’s eyes widened.

 

“No.. I’m not..” he said lowering his gaze.

 

Just the thought about himself gettingg married is funny to him..

 

“In a relationship?” Alessia continued asking him.

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

Him being in a relationship is also as ridiculous!

 

“You aren’t gay, are you?” asked Alessia as her eyes thinned.

 

Many good looking men are gay these days.. she needs to make sure if she wants to hook her daughter up with him.

 

“No..” said Taehyung bewildered.

 

And surely he isn’t gay! If only he could tell her proudly about his adventures..

 

Well.. that was such an intense interrogation.

 

The door opened that moment.

 

Taehyung heaved a sigh of relief. Finally.. he’s saved from Team Leader Kim’s mother..

 

Jisoo was startled to see her mom. She usually calls beforehand but she never said she was coming today..

She didn’t do anything strange to that intern, did she?

 

She saw her holding his hands and quickly separated the two.

 

Taehyung’s lips curled up. Now he can breathe well.. his suffering is over..

 

“Is he the intern that makes you smile?” asked Alessia all of a sudden.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

When did he make her smile? What is her mom saying?

 

Taehyung turned to Jisoo who looked embarrassed.

He didn’t know he was able to make her smile.. 

Is her mother sure that it wasn’t a frown instead? 

 

“Mom.. he’s the grandson

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter