3 - first meeting

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Seungwan gets out of the cab, her eyes can't move away from the huge mansion in front of her. The black metal gate is taller than her, sturdily guarding the entrance against any invaders; while she couldn't get a full glimpse of the mansion, the top floor slightly peeks over the plantation does give her the illusion that the mansion is huge.

 

"No wonder they need a code..." Seungwan murmurs to herself, taking out her phone and taps into the note she made. After their dinner last time, Sooyoung handed her business card to her and told her a code for something. The code is for the intercom, and from what she says there will be a helper to open the gate for her when she enters the correct code and talks through the intercom.

 

"Let's do this then," Seungwan can't say for sure if she's surprised when she's been there to see some crazy rich people in her previous line of work, but she just does as she is told, walking up to the intercom and presses the code into the number pad.

 

A light jingle rings after the correct code is entered, she clears and speaks into the intercom. "Good morning, I am Son Seungwan, the new babysitter."

 

A few seconds later a sound comes from the other side of the intercom. "Ah yes! Please hold on a second, I will open the door for you." The voice sounds like a friendly middle-aged woman, Seungwan waits patiently until the metal gate clicks open.

 

Seungwan is right about the friendly middle-aged woman part, because the moment their eyes meet, the woman flashes a friendly grin at her before opening the gate wider and stepping aside. "Welcome! I am Mrs Baek." Seungwan can't help but to smile at the presence of the woman already, and the woman is even shorter than her, which instantly forms a cute helper image in her head.

 

"Hajoon told me he's going to see his new babysitter today and he is very excited," Mrs Baek hums as she carefully shuts the metal gate and leads Seungwan over the plantations that is intensely grown in the front yard. Seungwan can't even take a good look at how the 'forest' is formed around her, as she follows in quick steps behind Mrs Baek. "He is not shy when he meets new people, that's a good thing."

 

"Are you perhaps Hajoon's babysitter as well?" Seungwan naturally continues the topic as she already knows Hajoon's name from the day she met Sooyoung, from the card she gave her. Despite the fact that she just hasn't seen him in person, Seungwan thinks she has already known some basics about the boy.

 

"Oh no, I am just a helper in this house." Mrs Baek explains, stepping aside as she turns to her. Seungwan draws her gaze to Mrs Baek then to the door, before realizing they have already reached the entrance. Boy, that doesn't seem like a long distance from the gate, but the fact that they took a few minutes to reach the entrance is also quite fascinating for Seungwan.

 

"I am usually in charge of the chores in the house, including the meals

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter