14 - hospital

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It is a superficial wound, luckily no damage to the inner brain."
"She will be fine."
"We might need to observe for the next few days too to make sure she is alright."

 

Sooyoung sits by the bed, watching Seungwan as she lies on the bed with her eyes closed, her head wrapped by layers of bandages. This is not the first time she has watched her asleep, but she wants her awake. To open her eyes and look at her, proving that she's really okay.

 

Park Soobin and Jinhee, the father and the babysitter, have been taken away by the police. She knew they are not going to see daylight again in the prison soon, for multiple charges like kidnapping, assaulting, and an almost purposed murder regarding Hajoon's mother.

 

Sooyoung gently holds Seungwan's hand, feeling the warmth radiating in her palms. It is comforting, so she gently places it against her cheek, pretending it is Seungwan who is caressing her face.

 

Hajoon is sent home to be looked after by Mrs Baek. Thanks to Seungwan, his trauma wasn't triggered, but he more or less had an idea that Seungwan was injured in the hospital. Mrs Baek just called to inform that Hajoon has slept soundly.

 

Her heart is throbbing while recalling the previous scene. When she saw Seungwan covered in blood, it almost felt like someone took one of her lungs, it was so hard to breathe.

 

"Why are you so silly..." Sooyoung murmurs as she turns to kiss Seungwan's hand. Seulgi and Joohyun opens the door quietly, Sooyoung turns around before putting down Seungwan's hand softly and follows them out of the ward.

 

After a briefing of what happened and Seungwan's condition, the two ladies sigh in relief. Watching how they leave tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter