16 - twenty years

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years later.

 

"Ms Bae, how is my son doing? Are his grades really bad?"

 

"He is doing fine, Mrs Nam. Junho does show a bit of weakness in his vocabulary, so perhaps you could buy him an encyclopedia and read it with him." Joohyun smiles at the woman before bending down to the little boy.

 

"You will keep your promise with me right?" The little boy nods.

 

"Good boy. I will see you on Monday then," Joohyun pats the boy's head before waving the mother and son goodbye.

 

"What kind of promise did you do with Junho?" Seulgi nudges Joohyun's shoulder as she walks up to her.

 

"Promised to get him his favorite candy if he gets 80 and above in his spelling." Joohyun looks at Seulgi before humming. "Are you done with sending the kids away?"

 

"Of course, I wouldn't be here if I haven't," Seulgi hums as she rests her chin on Joohyun's shoulder. "Say, our promise is much more important than the one with Junho right?" She lifts her hand up.

 

Joohyun watches as the younger deliberately showing the silver band on her finger, rolling her eyes before interlacing their fingers together. "They are equally important. Because one is my job, and the other is the love of my life."

 

"Cheesy." The two ladies chuckle in unison.

 

"When are Sooyoung and Seungwan coming back though?" Joohyun looks at Seulgi.

 

"I think next week? Sooyoung said her leave is until Wednesday or something," Seulgi shrugs. "But why do you think Sooyoung is taking Seungwan back to Jeju island?"

 

"Aren't they having a vacation over there?" Joohyun takes out her phone while packing her bag.

 

"They are, but I think Sooyoung might take her to more places since it is her hometown there."

 

"It is?" Joohyun types in 'Jeju Island vacation' in her to-do list with Seulgi before keeping her phone in her pocket.

 

"Anywayyy- it is another weekend tomorrow unnie, shall we go on a date?"

 

By the time they reach the playground after a whole day tour by Sooyoung, the sun is already descending through the horizon, burning the remnants of it with its tangerine hue.

 

"This is the place?" Seungwan looks around the playground, a very faint memory starts to overlap with the scene as she looks around.

 

"Hm. Even though some facilities have been replaced, the place I told you never changed." Sooyoung takes a quick glance at the dome-shaped facility before turning to Seungwan.

 

"The place where we first kissed?" Seungwan chuckles as she hums while looking around, as if looking for the place that Sooyoung has been mentioning ever since.

 

"Hm mm." Sooyoung hums while watching Seungwan as she roams around the facilities, touching them while pursing her lips in her thinking state.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter