7 - lunch date

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan didn't expect Seulgi to be that fast. Across her is Seulgi and another woman, whom she remembered was the bartender that night.

 

"Wan, this is Joohyun unnie. Joohyun unnie, this is Seungwan, my best friend." Seulgi flashes a cheeky grin as she introduces the ladies to each other.

 

"...Rene?" Seungwan tilts her head at the different name from the one she heard that night.

 

"That is my English name, Irene." Joohyun smiles as she explains. "I use a different name when I work because I am not too comfortable with people I know over there calling me by my real name."

 

"I see," Seungwan nods as she tries to recall how long it has been since the three of them first met. Approximately two weeks ago.

 

"The reason why I want to introduce you two is that Seungwan just came back and she doesn't have many friends, so I thought it would be great if she could know my friends as well."

 

"Seulgi ah-" 

 

"Don't worry, I asked Joohyun unnie and she's fine with it. Right, unnie?" Seulgi turns to Joohyun, which the older girl looks at her with a warm smile before nodding at Seungwan. Seungwan could feel something going on between the two.

 

"Yes, she told me before setting up this gathering. I also don't have many friends, so I thought it would be cool to know more from Seulgi too." Joohyun's smile turns to a calm one as she speaks, somehow her expression looks serious even when her tone is soft.

 

Seungwan nods quietly as she takes a sip of the coffee, wondering if Seulgi has other motives when she introduced the two. Seulgi seems...quite interested in Joohyun.

 

"Ah, if only we could have Sooyoung here as well," Seulgi hums as she claps softly. "It would be fun to have the four of us here."

 

Seungwan looks up when Seulgi mentions Sooyoung, somehow really hoping she could see her- it has been a while since she saw her in the house, seems like she had more work than usual from what she heard from Mrs Baek.

 

"Wan ah, can you try to text Sooyoung? Maybe if she's out for lunch we can have her here as well?" Seungwan does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter