8 - late night

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock on the table ticks unusually loud today, perhaps because of the serenity at night, when everyone else is asleep, the clamour during the day has been tucked away that makes the slightest noise stand out in the dark. Sooyoung's fingers tap on the keyboard swiftly, but soon hitting the backspace key as she erases all she had just typed, fingers running in her locks as a sigh escapes from her pursed lips.

 

She gets up from her seat that is masked with her warmth, in contrast to the chillness spreading from her fingertips. She is always cold for no reason, and sometimes she wonders if her mom is right about that being an implication of her declining health. She stands by the window, looking out into the night from the lace curtains covering the window, barely anything she could see except those outlined by the streetlamps- enough to prove that she should go to bed soon to ensure sufficient sleep. But then she won't be able to get some if her mind is all about her unfinished work.

 

Just as she is about to head back to her desk, her eyes caught something in front of the gate. Not really 'something' but someone's head. She would have missed it if it is not for the lamp installed above the gate, so she heads down to check who is it (to decide if she is calling the police or not). Much to her surprise, she saw Seungwan's face through the intercom. What is she doing out there, so late at night? But at least she's not anyone strange, so Sooyoung presses the button and opens the gate for her.

 

Just as Seungwan is thinking about whether to try to get a taxi so late at night or disturb Sooyoung and stay over, the gate suddenly clicks open and well, it seems like the answer has been given to her. She walks in while rubbing her hands, smiling apologetically at Sooyoung when she is standing by the entrance.

 

"Why are you here at this hour?" Sooyoung closes the door behind Seungwan while asking.

 

"I was...I don't know." Seungwan shrugs and clears . "I just happened to think of you and Hajoon and...suddenly I am here."

 

Sooyoung raises a brow at the lady, doesn't sound too convinced by the answer but there doesn't seem to be a better answer. "Since it's already late, might as well stay over for the night."

 

Seungwan almost hears a 'Hooray!" in her head before smiling sheepishly at Sooyoung. "Heh, if you don't mind."

 

Sooyoung walks upstairs again, with Seungwan follo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter