4 - small talk

with love, from me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today officially counts as her second week being Hajoon's babysitter. Even though she has never done this before, Hajoon's presence made this job so much easier than it seems. Her routine basically starts off this way:

 

9 am - Arrive at Hajoon's house.

9:30 am - Have breakfast with Hajoon and make sure he finishes everything.

10 am - Short break time for Hajoon before his first study session.

10:30 am - Study session, Mondays and Fridays: Maths, Tuesdays: English, Wednesdays: Science, Thursdays: Korean, Weekends: N.A.

12:30 am - Lunch time, same thing with breakfast, have lunch with Hajoon and make sure he finishes everything.

1 pm - Fun time for Hajoon to play educational puzzles or board games.

2 pm - Second study session, usually a continuation of morning's session.

4 pm - Nap time for Hajoon. (And she can chitchat with Mrs Baek)

5:30 pm - Wake Hajoon up, dinner time with Hajoon.

6:30 pm - Watch a movie with Hajoon. (usually it's Frozen or Pokemon)

9:30 pm - Sooyoung comes home, putting Hajoon to sleep. Go home.

 

Her routine is rather fixed, so Seungwan gets used to it without any problems. Her day wouldn't usually be this long, or at least that's what Sooyoung has told her one day, as it is Hajoon's school holidays now. Once the holidays are over, they will still need Seungwan around, but her routine would have a few hours empty in the middle during his school hours.

 

Seungwan now spends half of her day in Hajoon's house every day. 5 days, and that's about 60 hours a week. The working hours are just slightly shorter than before, but it is definitely something more relaxing. Although it is still true that she misses some of the days when she gets to be on the frontline of work and deal with some of the most challenging issues. Guess you can't get the best of both worlds, Seungwan thinks to herself. There are times when she envies Seulgi's life as a kindergarten teacher, where she gets to spend the same working hours but with kids, instead of some nitpicking customers. She certainly has a better work-life balance than her, even though Seulgi did sometimes tell her about the hardships in it.

 

Such as, when the kids throw her questions like the ones they would throw at their parents, the oh-so-classic "How do babies come out from mommy?", or the "Teacher teacher, why does he has curly hair but I don't?" - even though Seulgi has the knowledge to both of these example questions, it often has her falling into a dilemma of whether to make up a fun story that the kids will likely listen to or just by telling them the boring biological truth when the kids can barely understand. The dilemma shows its meaning as the kids will eventually learn about the biological truth, but are they going to think that teachers lied to them when they were younger? Seulgi doesn't like answering these questions, but the kids are not going to give up until she does.

 

At least Hajoon won't ask something like that, he is clever and Seungwan doesn't feel the need to even make up a story of "Oh you popped out from your mommy's armpit!" kind of thing, so that's the advantage she has over her. But Seungwan did tell Seulgi to do what her heart feels most at ease, something that you will be less uncomfortable about, so that even when you looked back it will be a better choice of the two. Seungwan doesn't know what is Seulgi's choice, but Selugi did fall into deep thoughts after the conversation.

 

One of the best times of the day is to talk to Mrs Baek. Seungwan gets to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter