Chapter 6

Her crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaeyoung staring back at her reflection. She was wearing a peach dress with denim jacket pair with sneakers. 'Is he going to like what she's wearing? Is this dress good enough for a date?' she cupped her cheeks with her palms. She's nervous. This is the very first time for Chaeyoung. She never went on a date before.
 

"Honey?" Her mom knock on her door. Interrupted her inner monologue.
 

"Come in" she call out.
 

Mrs. Park opened the door "Honey, your boyfriend is here" Chaeyoung cheeks flushed at the way her mom addressed him as her boyfriend.
 

"He is not my boyfriend. We just going on a date"
 

"Okaay, let me correct it. Your soon to be boyfriend is here"
 

"Mom!" Chaeyoung whined.
 

"What?" her mom chuckled. "He's handsome tho, charming boy. Such a nice catch" she tease, approaching her daugther. "And he seemed so nice" she said fixing Chaeyoung hair.
 

"He is" Chaeyoung nodded. Her mom smile.
 

"Now hurry. Don't let him wait too long"
 

As soon as she went downstairs. She found that Jungkook was in the living room, looking at the photo galllery on the wall. Including those photos when she was still a baby. Her eyes widen. She approached him hurriedly, and standing between the wall and him. Jungkook startled.
 

"Hey" she smile, greet him. Hoping for him didn't see any of her baby photos yet.
 

"Hey" he smile back. "You look stunning" he said, Chaeyoung blushed.
 

It was the first time for Jungkook had seen her in anything other than her school uniform, and wow, could she rock with only a summer dress, denim jacket and sneakers. It was simple, understated, but with all that blonde hair and flawless skin, she looked beautiful and adorable.
 

"Thank you. You also look great" she said. Glanced up at his eyes shyly.
 

"Thanks. Shall we go now?" he tilt his head, grinning.
 

"Sure" Chaeyoung nodded. "Mom, we're going!" She call out her mom in the kitchen.
 

"Have a great time, sweetheart. Don't come home too soon!" She winked at her daughter.
 

"Mom!" Chaeyoung's cheeks flushed meanwhile Jungkook just chuckled at her.
 

*
 

"Roller skates?" Chaeyoung blinked. Apparently, Jungkook take her to the roller skate ring in town.
 

"Yes. We're going retro today."he grinned. "Can you play?" He asked.
 

"I can. It just... been a while for me" she said hesitantly.
 

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it again in no time. Beside, I'm here. Just trust me" he winked. A few moment later, he went to rent quad skates at the registration desk and they're ready to roll at the rink.
 

Two hours have been passed. And it really spent well for both of them. They laugh together, make silly jokes, and chase each other around the rink.

 

"Chae, looked out!" Jungkook shout, when she was looking at him, didn't saw what in front. She turn her head, but it was to late. She lost balance the moment her body bumped into someone. Chaeyoung shut her eyes ready to fall flat on her face. But it didn't happen. Instead she feel her body collide with another body. She opened her eyes just to found out that she's already in Jungkook's arms.
 

"You okay?" He asked. Chaeyoung nodded, absolutely blushing and didn't know what expression to give when he was looking at her like that, then she cleared . "Oh sorry" he pulled away, steadying her. "You want to break? Or do you want to continue?" Jungkook asked.
 

"Actually, I'm not that tired. It just, playing for almost two hours make me a little bit hungry"
 

Jungkook chuckled. "It's time for some food I guess" he grinned. "Come on" he take her to the exit of the rink.
 

*
 

And so they went to Banpo Hangang Park. Both of them prefer a street food than go to the restaurant. Simply, because those street food are more tempting. Also taking a view of the landscape while eating your food was the bonus. The contrast between the dark river and the sky, and the bright light on city buildings and sellers tents presents a great night view. 
 

Chaeyoung sat on one of the bench. She just finished her spicy tteokbokki, when Jungkook come back from queue of the seller tents, bring a korean beef tacos and cream cheese garlic bread in one hand, and maybe he also went to the convenience store, because he was carrying a bag of water bottle and wet tissue in his other hand. How considerate he is. Did he saw her tteokbokki sauce dripped into her hand earlier? She wonder.
 

He han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter