The situation

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9: The situation

 

It was almost 10 at night when Jimin got home. He wanted to yell “I’m home!” like how it was in movies, but he was afraid he’d wake Jungkook up. He opened the door slowly. It was dark inside. He could faintly see Jungkook’s silhouette on the sofa. He was laying down, probably asleep. 

 

Jimin took off his shoes and grabbed a glass of water. He was thirsty. When he was about to put down the glass, there was a ruffling sound from the sofa. Jungkook slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily.

 

“Hyung, is that you?”

 

Jimin wanted to coo at how adorable Jungkook looks. He was in his sweats and an oversized t-shirt. His hair was messy and his eyes were heavy with sleep. Jimin imagined it took him all willpower to stay awake at the moment.

 

“You’re asleep already?” Jimin asked curiously. It was only 10. For him, it was way too early to sleep. 

 

Jungkook nodded. He said he was tired of playing games, so he ended up falling asleep. He was yawning a couple of times before he stood up and stretched his body.

 

“It’s fine, go back to sleep,” Jimin softly said. He wanted to shower and eat dinner. His stomach was rumbling.

 

“But I’m hungry,” Jungkook replied.

 

Jimin was puzzled. He had told Jungkook to heat up the leftovers in the fridge. 

 

“I want to eat with you, Hyung,” Jungkook said innocently.

 

That innocent remark caught Jimin off guard. He had wanted to hear someone say that to him; so he didn’t have to eat alone while watching movies to keep him company.

 

“Aigo,” Jimin moved closer and ruffled his hair. “You shouldn’t have waited for me.” Jimin the lights so they weren’t talking in the dark. “Let me take a quick shower then we’ll eat, okay?”

 

Jungkook said okay and went back to lying on the sofa. Jimin jokingly told him not to fall asleep, otherwise, he would finish the entire meal himself. 

 

Jimin went into his room and put down the bag. His routine was to always shower first after his assignment was finished. It helped to build a line between his professional and personal lives. He didn’t want them to be blurred. When showering, he often imagined how the water washed traces of his “work” away from his body. And, with that, it helped him to forget about all the things his clients did to him. It was fun at the moment, but he didn’t want to carry them home. 

 

He opened his wardrobe, looking for a comfortable shirt to wear for later. He also grabbed out a new towel. He ped his jeans and ed it. He was about to take it off when he had the urge to inspect the bruises on his torso. He decided to take his shirt off first. 

 

He was used to seeing the sights. Bruises and love bite here and there were found in his body. They would turn to a darker shade of purple tomorrow. Right now it was a bit of red; a stark contrast to his pale skin. He made a mental note to use the ointment he got from Hobi after a shower; that would help them fade sooner.

 

“Hyung, do you want me to help—”

 

The door was open in no time and Jungkook came in without knocking. 

 

“—you heat up the food?”

 

And, Jimin was still standing there: shirtless with his jeans ed. 

 

Shirtless.

 

His jeans ed.

 

They both didn’t say anything and tension soon filled the room. Jungkook didn’t look away; his eyes were transfixed at Jimin’s body. This was the first time Jungkook saw Jimin’s bare skin. He was at a loss of words it seemed. 

 

The first thing that came to Jimin’s mind was to put on a shirt. He didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter