The doctor

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3: The doctor

The cold air brushed his skin, giving Jimin’s goosebumps. He had just taken his white dress shirt off. His reflection on the mirror caught his eyes. There were bruises on his torso, they were in the shade of purple. Tomorrow they would turn darker. He only let out a sigh. One problem at a time. He quickly grabbed a grey hoodie and put it on. Afterward, he slipped on his shorts as well. He grabbed his attire that was completely soaked and put them inside the laundry basket.

 

He opened his bedroom door and found the stranger on his sofa. He had put him there earlier; in a lying position. He was no doctor but he thought that position was the best one considering the guy was injured. There were traces of water on his apartment floor. He made a note to clean them later. 

 

Someone was knocking on his door and he got up. It couldn’t have been more than a couple of minutes since he made the call. He was surprised and slightly relieved. Now, at least, he didn’t have to figure it all out by himself.  

 

The face on the other side of the door was friendly, but he was panting. “I came here as soon as I got your text. You said it’s urgent?” He regarded Jimin from up and down. His eyes were worried.

 

“Hobi-hyung,” Jimin said. “I’m fine.” Jimin invited him in while trying his best to sum up what happened earlier, including the stranger’s condition. “So, what do you think, Hyung? Should we take him to a hospital?” Jimin asked at the end.

 

Hobi was a doctor, one that Jimin knew from his line of work. He was reliable in treating all of his bruises and injuries. The medicine, ointment, and other topical medication that Hobi gave him had worked well in the past. 

 

“Yah!” Hobi punched him in the shoulder. “I thought something happened to you!” He was scolding him and Jimin knew why. The older guy had feelings for him, but they agreed nothing could happen between them because it was frowned upon in their profession. They had shared a few kisses before, but that was it.

 

Jimin was apologetic. It wasn’t in his intention to make Hobi worry, especially since he made him come in the middle of the night when it was raining. He didn’t know who else to call. “Sorry, Hyung. But, please, can you take a look at him and his injuries?”

 

Hobi made a grunting sound but he didn’t leave the room. Jimin thought it was a good sign. They both approached the unconscious stranger on the sofa. Hobi went closer and started to look at him. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter