The guest

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12: The guest

 

There was a fog in his bathroom mirror. Jimin used his hand to wipe it. His reflection was staring at him. There were dark circles under his eyes because of his lack of sleep. His fingers lightly touched them. He needed to get a good night's sleep tonight. If only he could take a nap, but the bombshell that Jungkook told him a couple of hours ago had made his head buzzing with questions.

 

“Taehyung is anything but nice, Hyung!”

 

The image of Jungkook yelling at him was fresh on his mind. He was livid and his expression was scary. If he were to analyze it, it sounded like Jungkook was speaking from experience. Did he grow up with Taehyung? Or what was the nature of his relationship with Taehyung? 

 

“Hyung, you’re sure he didn't hurt you?”

 

This was what concerned him the most; the fact that Jungkook thought Taehyung had hurt him. It seemed Jungkook was worried Taehyung had hurt him physically, considering that Jungkook was looking for any signs of injuries on his body. 

 

“Just know that Taehyung is dangerous.”

 

Was Taehyung the one that stabbed him a few nights ago? Was that how Jungkook got his wounds and injuries? If that was the case then shouldn’t they need to call the police? But, Jimin didn’t peg Taehyung as someone who could physically hurt someone though. He seemed too polished to do things like that. Maybe he had his underlings to do his biddings?

 

But, why though? Suppose it was Taehyung—or one of his men—that Jungkook got in a fight with. What were they fighting for? Was Jungkook involved in something illegal? Drugs? Mafia?

 

Now that Jimin had time to think, he had a feeling that it wasn’t a coincidence he had bumped into Taehyung a couple of times now. Perhaps Taehyung was looking for something in this neighborhood. Or… someone. 

 

Was he looking for Jungkook?

 

Jimin shook his head, making tiny droplets of water hit the surface of his mirror. His blond hair was getting long and it fell messily on his head. These questions were giving him a headache. There was only so much a warm shower could help. There were so many ways he thought his day would turn out, but this wasn’t one of them. 

 

Then, there was his own matter. From his reflection, he could see bruises on his torso; a memento from his last assignment. They had turned to a light purple. He still had Hobi’s ointments and they were effective enough to make the bruises fade faster.

 

He had been afraid his life would become mundane and monotonous. Having Jungkook around definitely brought excitement back to his life. A new variable to his existing equation. At first, it had been good. He had someone to talk to; someone to accompany him. Jungkook’s presence made a difference.  

 

But now, he wasn’t sure whether it was for the better. He couldn’t quite shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. There was a pit in his stomach that just wouldn’t go away. Perhaps it was the way Jungkook tensed up. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Jungkook left abruptly. And, the fact that there were unanswered questions buzzing in his head; making him curious and anxious.

 

Around noon, he was sitting on his bed, watching movies on his iPad. It was a good distraction, but his mind often went back to Jungkook. There was still no news from him. He had been gone for hours. Jimin hoped Jungkook didn’t get in trouble. 

 

His phone was suddenly vibrating. It was a new text message. He unlocked the phone and quickly read it. 

 

“Hyung, I need you to pack. Grab some clothes and all the essentials. Pick you up in a few minutes.”

 

Jimin had to read it twice to ensure he understood what Jungkook meant. Pack? For what? And why? He was running out of patience so he typed back.

 

“Why do I need to pack?”

 

The reply from Jungkook was immediate.

 

“Will explain later. I need you to trust me, Hyung.”

 

Jimin threw his phone on the bed. He rubbed his head. This was getting more and more confusing. He paused the movie to think. Should he pack? There was no downside to it, right? Jungkook was not the type to pull a prank on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter