The man (part 2)

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8: The man (part 2)

 

“Have a good night, sir.”

 

Jimin nodded at the receptionist and said the same. He was tired so he didn’t talk much. The appointment finished around 9 but he had to wait for the client to leave first. That was part of the etiquette that Madam taught him. The client had spent several minutes making small talk; an obvious attempt to prolong their moment together. They weren’t ready to leave the bubble just yet.

 

He remembered how the client had tried to kiss him afterward. The usual gesture: he had started rubbing his chin and caressing his cheeks; before leaning down to kiss him. Jimin pulled back, however. Of all the things he had to do, kissing was the one he found the most intimate. Of course, the kissing happened when they were still high on passion and the illusion was still intact. However, when their feet landed on the ground and the bubble burst, Jimin was no longer interested in their touch (or kiss). 

 

He just wanted them to leave.

 

He texted Madam on his way out of the hotel. He pulled out his phone and simply texted her “I’m done and it went well”. He didn’t wanna call, he was not in the mood for that. He liked to be alone on his way home. He could look around and observe his surroundings. He found walking at night to be therapeutic. It allowed him to wonder about the possibilities that he could take. He imagined what it would look like if he traveled abroad or another city. Perhaps he could trade a quiet life in one setting with another. The routine he had now was both comforting and terrifying. It was comforting because he knew what to expect every day. He could prepare his day well and nothing would be amiss. However, at the same time, the routine had already become mundane. He slowly lost the spark in his life. His plan was to leave before it suffocated him. 

 

In that regard, he actually liked having Jungkook around. He was a new variable that in Jimin’s equation. It was… nice. To have someone to talk to; someone to joke around and to mess with. Perhaps the mundane was also a result of his solitary life. It was a choice he made because not a lot of people would be fine with his line of work. 

 

What would Jungkook think if he found out?

 

Suddenly that question came across his mind. Jungkook was innocent enough and in some cases he was naive. Jimin hoped that he could keep his secret long enough so Jungkook would understand. 

 

Why did I care if he understands or not?

 

That made Jimin stop in his tracks. He usually didn’t care what people think. He didn’t mind when one of his friends found out, got angry, and then left. Why was Jungkook any different? So what if Jungkook knew his secret and decided to leave?

 

Jimin knew the argument to the last question but he didn’t want to think about it tonight. Now was not the time, he didn’t want to open that box just yet. He pushed it aside and tried to think happy thoughts.

 

Jimin was too focused on his mental conversation that he accidentally bumped into someone on the street. Just like before, his phone slipped out from his grip and fell. 

 

Only it didn’t.

 

Another hand caught it before it hit the ground. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter