The introduction

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 5: The introduction

Jimin never thought of himself as a great cook. He was alright; he could whip up something edible. He tried to stay away from putting too much condiment and preferred to taste the raw flavor of the meat or vegetable he made. He tried different cooking methods before to intensify the flavor. Some of his efforts paid off, but he had never cooked for anyone before so he also never had any feedback. 

 

Until now.

 

The guy was eating his leftover from last night: chicken and broccoli. He ate it as if they were the most delicious meal he had ever eaten. Jimin thought he was starving. He also gulped down several cups of water in record time. Jimin was at loss of words.

 

The guy occasionally made eye contact with him but he stayed silent. His focus was on the meal in front of him. He made an appreciative sound every once in a while. In the end, he finished his food faster than Jimin finished his cereal. 

 

When he was done, he just sat there awkwardly. He was staring at Jimin’s microwave for a while and then he looked away. He proceeded to play with his hands. Silence enveloped the two of them. Jimin could hear the noises from his neighbors and outside. Car honks and shouting were occasionally heard.

 

Jimin decided to do the dishes first. He grabbed the guy’s plate and his bowl and went to the sink. As he was pouring soap and cleaning the plate, he could feel the guy’s eyes on his back. The guy was staring at him, or so he thought. To be fair, earlier the guy had asked who Jimin was and he hadn’t answered it yet. The guy’s stomach had been grumbling so Jimin brought him to the kitchen.

 

Jimin turned around and leaned on the sink when he was finished. The guy was playing with his hands again and this time he avoided any eye contact. Jimin thought he looked so young at this very moment, which made him wonder how old he was. 

 

The guy looked up and when their eyes met, he immediately looked down. There was a tint of red on both of his cheeks. Jimin was about to say something when the guy beat him to it. 

 

“Thank you,” said the guy quietly. He stopped playing with his hands. When Jimin was still silent, the guy continued. “For the meal.” He was unsure of something but then as his voice got even quieter, he said, “And for helping me.”

 

Jimin hadn’t pegged him as the embarrassed type. But there he was sitting down awkwardly and swaying from side to side with a face as red as tomatoes. The guy was nothing he expected him to be. He didn’t know whether it was a good thing or not. Jimin gave him a smile and said it was no problem. He then led the guy to the sofa because he needed to apply some ointment and changed the bandage.

 

The guy offered to take the shirt off, to which Jimin said no need. He asked the guy to lift his shirt up, that’d be enough. The bandage was still white, unlike the previous one that had changed to red after a couple of hours. It was a good sign.Jimin opened the bandage and he noticed the wound was healing. He dipped a clean cloth in warm water and gently cleaned the area around the wound. 

 

Once or twice the guy slightly winced. Other than that, he remained still, which made Jimin’s job easier. When the wound was cleaned thoroughly, he set aside the cloth and water. He picked up a new bandage and proceeded to put it on. While he was doing all this, Jimin was aware that a couple of brown eyes were staring at him. In fact, the guy didn’t look away when they accidentally made eye contact. Their position was closer now, with the guy on the sofa and Jimin kneeling in front of him. 

 

“I’m done,” Jimin announced. The guy’s gaze was still on him, but he didn’t say anything at first. It looked like he was entranced with something. Jimin bit back a smile. He stood up because he felt stiff at that position. That was when he heard the guy mutter something. 

 

“Thank you,” the guy softly said. His cheeks were flushed and his head was down.

 

“You’re welcome,” Jimin said, holding back laughter. The guy was beyond adorable and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter