The question

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4: The question

 

On the next day, Jimin was testing out his nursing skill. He diligently put the ointment on the bruises and injected the stranger with antibiotics. He changed the bandage that covered the stab wounds, while also cleaning them with disinfectant. 

 

He didn’t have any job lined up for the next two days, so he had all day to treat the stranger, who was still unconscious. From time to time, the stranger let out a small noise. At first, Jimin thought he was awake, but it turned out he was talking in his sleep. Jimin also remembered the cold sweat that was running down his forehead when one time he was muttering something about running away. 

 

It didn’t make sense to Jimin, but maybe it was just gibberish because the guy was delirious in pain.  

 

Speaking of cleaning, Jimin also took it upon himself to wash the guy’s body, not just his injuries. He used a cloth and dipped it in warm water. He started from the visible area first: his face and arms. Now that he had time to inspect the guy slowly, Jimin was surprised to find tattoos on the guy’s right hand. It had to be more than ten because it covered his whole arm. He saw a skeleton hand, an eye with a red pupil, a crown, and a tiger flower.

 

After he was done with the arms, he decided to clean the body. He had taken off the guy’s black suit jacket last night, leaving him only with the white buttoned-up shirt. Considering he needed to put ointments from time to time, he decided it would be better if he took off the white shirt and put on something more manageable and comfortable (for both of them). 

 

The guy had a toned upper body. His chest was well defined, even though he was not muscular. There were soft lines that defined his abs. The guy’s body felt warm against Jimin’s hand. Jimin thought it was good because he had been pale and cold the night before. Jimin made sure to check his temperature to ensure the guy was not having a fever. 

 

Jimin stayed in his position when the guy’s body was all cleaned up. His head told him to get a shirt for the guy or at least wrapped him up in a blanket. His heart, however, asked him to stay put. He raised his hand and slowly made contact with the guy’s body. He had touched it before when he was wiping all the sweat, blood, and dirt. But, it felt like he was touching him for the first time. He moved slowly, tracing an invisible line from his chest down to his abs. He did it again because he was addicted to the feeling. 

 

He stopped himself from doing it for the third time. Instead, Jimin got him a white oversized sleeveless shirt. This outfit would make it easier for Jimin to change the bandage and apply the ointment. Just when Jimin was about to put the shirt on, his gaze fell on the guy’s face. Jimin never really paid attention to his face until now. His hair was long, curly, and parted in the middle. His eyes were closed so Jimin couldn’t say anything about it. His lips were full and Jimin needed to restrain himself from touching it. He had wide and accentuated jawlines that give off a more masculine feel and were very appealing to look at.

 

“Who are you?” Jimin asked no one in particular. His voice sounded like a whisper even though he knew the guy couldn’t hear him. Jimin let his hand caress the guy’s soft cheek longer than necessary before he got up and went to his room.

 

****

 

During the nighttime, the guy was still unconscious. His face looked peaceful and his temperature was normal. After applying the ointment, Jimin went to the kitchen and made dinner. Chicken and broccoli. That was his menu during weekdays. He had to watch what he ate because he needed to be in shape. Another requirement of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter