The morning after

RUN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10: The morning after

 

It was the morning after and Jimin felt tired. He couldn’t sleep last night. He woke up around 4 and had trouble sleeping afterward. One thing lingered in his mind that kept him wide awake.

 

The kiss.

 

He had kissed Jungkook.

 

He couldn’t believe he did that. He couldn’t date—as per Madam’s rules—and he never slept around. He hadn’t even kissed anyone apart from Hobi. So, why did he do it?

 

Jimin could list endless reasons for that. Jungkook’s lips. The way he traced his tattoo. The fact that Jungkook’s touch had left him burning with desire. They were in each other’s personal space and nobody seemed to mind.

 

But most of all, Jimin did it because he wanted to. It was in the heat of the moment and it felt the right thing to do.

 

For him.

 

What happened next was engraved in his mind; a scene he kept playing over and over again in his head. Jungkook’s eyes went wide. The way he looked like a deer caught in the headlight. Jimin could still remember how Jungkook’s body froze and stiffened when his lips touched his.

 

Jungkook didn’t pull away, nor did he kiss him back.  

 

It lasted only a few seconds.

 

A few seconds too short for Jimin.

 

A few seconds too long for Jungkook, Jimin thought.

 

Jungkook’s lips were soft and he tasted sweet. But, as sweet as Jungkook was, Jimin knew he had to pull away. The fact that Jungkook was not kissing him back was a sign.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jimin said.

 

Jungkook said nothing; a mixture of disbelief and shock was all over his face. 

 

“I—” Jimin didn’t know what he should say. I like it? 

 

Jungkook—still stunned—managed to let out a few words. “What—why—” He couldn’t finish the sentence; his wide-eyes were staring deeply into Jimin’s eyes as if he was looking for an answer.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jimin said again. He slightly shivered now considering he was still shirtless and the air conditioner in his room was on. If Jungkook noticed it, he didn’t say anything.

 

They stared at each other in silence. Jimin wanted to explain himself but he didn’t know if Jungkook was ready. He was afraid he would push him away; he had done enough damage for one night. 

 

After a while, Jungkook dropped his gaze and closed his eyes. It seemed as though he was calming himself down. Jimin could hear the sound of Jungkook’s breathing; it was no longer uneven. 

 

Jungkook looked up and stared at Jimin once again. This time, his expression was blank. Jimin was puzzled, unsure what it meant. He knew the bubble had burst by that point. Their feet had touched the ground and reality sank in.

 

Jimin expected Jungkook to ask questions or even to get angry. He had every right to do so. In his mind, he had started preparing the explanations. He was ready to talk it over if Jungkook was. 

 

Instead, Jungkook just walked away without saying anything.

 

Even now Jimin could still feel the dread if he thought about what happened last night. He brought this one upon himself and he hoped he still had a chance to fix it.

 

He was tossing and turning all night because of that. A part of him was glad he did what he did, another part was mortified. How would he face Jungkook after this? He buried his head in the pillow and let out a shriek. 

 

The low rumbling sound of his stomach stopped him. He hadn’t eaten dinner last night, he was supposed to, but after what happened in Jungkook, he no longer had an appetite. Now, he was famished. He had to eat something before he got cranky.

 

With a deep breath, he turned the doorknob and walked out of his room. Jungkook was still laying on the sofa. With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter