C2: Sugar. Spice. And everything nice. But with bunch of iciness...

What is it? (Hiatus!)

"Bro! It's time to head out at the field. Likewise coach will give you more than 10 laps if you're late than a second. Goodluck for that." Her older brother's roommate supposed to be for this year told her. There he goes away with the duffel bag similar to what she'll be having later on 

 

It's a first day for being in the team. The past few days are quite intimidating because of how she visit a clinic. The accident during the dodgeball game was the very least she ever wanted to had as in her year of being there. Maybe the moment she may need a help from her fellow friends before in her school, could bring other misunderstanding of being gay. 

 

She's not happy that her brother will be at least outdated as one of it when she, herself being Mina, shouted as a girl in high-pitch and dodge without aiming to protect her usual wig. That's why everybody told her she's closeted because of it even she's a girl in the first place.

 

The sad thing is the school reprimanded the boys of having any hairstyles of medium long hair. Because the academy is known as a role model of being one of a posh style or so called role model when it comes to etiquette somehow for males.

 

"Miba! Come here!" Coach Lee shouted at her.

 

A nudge from her side, "Coach Lee, asked you." She looked at him and realized this is a reality she was with them being Miba.

 

Everyone saw her, as well they're not impressed of this newcomer. "Ye-yeah. I heard him." She stuttered and confused but then again she can't bring herself to denied it.

 

"What are you waiting for?" Again asked her in irritation.

 

"Your candidate as the center field position." Passive tone came upon on her ears. She's alarm as if almost of the members wasn't favor on this news their Coach Lee stated.

 

The reaction give it away when she was at the first day of the orientation on her way to return the duplicate keys for the dorm. Her brother was granted not to be in the the dorm because his always not having it when it comes to privacy issues. She wonder is this the male egoistic that her brother teach about being a male. It is something that she didn't want in the first place, the position where she is.

 

Mina stands up, "Coach Lee, may I know if I can refuse it?" A pregnant pause came by and any one who listen to it know that the temperature became low. Low enough that Mina wants to tell she's a girl and not a male instead.

 

The one who snapped at her gasp at the interaction going on in this moment.

 

"Do you know whats that means?" Someone called out to Mina, and conclude his the captain. "What are you implying for that? You're a girl for that responsibility. Be a man!" The captain is having a breakdown on why he was like that for the opportunity that was rare for a freshmen like him.

 

Everyone nodded to him except the one who is candidate too for that position. They saw how Mina was in the tryouts and practice game. It's a talent that even the best player at the team cant compare to it. The gem that team members wanted to have a few years ago was here looking out for escape rather to fight for it. 

 

"Quiet!" Coah Lee whistled and the crowd behave. "Miba, I told you this because I knew what you're skills are. I didn't call your name as just like that. You're in par with our current centerfield even heck the pitcher too." She saw his smile but there's an inkling she doesn't want a feud or unwanted guest.

 

Because she knew from the start if she agreed to it. Someone as him with the name like her brother will make her life living in a distressed. 

 

"I'm sorry. But I'm not entirely sure if I can Coach Lee. I'm very much thankful for that but hope you can understand my decision. I will take that when I know that my skills are like that for real." As it calmed the atmosphere, her heartbeat didn't, because right at her side had to stare at her coldly.

 

"Coach Lee, we need to know if his really capable in the real game. In that case his rightly correct to question himself for that matter." Unknown grin form after that, Mina saw the change of his appearance, his saying that in caring way but in depth its much more to that.

 

Envy. The body language says it all when she saw that grim face he sports to her.

 

She looked at her side and connected both of her eyes to the one who spoke in a hidden agenda. "Yes his correct, Coach Lee, because he cares for the reputation of the team and as a centerfield when it comes to that. Thank you very much and appreciated it very well. Senior Kai." Mina bow to Kai and smile to him without further ado.

 

During that moment, he understands what she implied for that sentence. She agreed in a manner she can claimed that it's not disrespectful to state his real ground for being centerfield. Mina truly amazed that there's a bunch or few men in this school are similar to a jerk and on of them is real beside her.

 

Coach Lee whistled again and clapped furiously when it's time to end the meeting. The whole crowd immerse in one happy greetings except the guy who had an issue. Mina both hamdshake and bro hug the members of the team. Even the senior congrats at her warmly for her skills that she thought they will not be like that to him. Because how she outed one the member in the team in his ranking. They know the truth was like when she voice out the truth in subtle way.

 

"Everyone in here congratulates your new brother! Kai join with them and greet your member now." An encouragement to Kai but its not like to him. His not okay that somehow a freshmen like him could say that freely about him.

 

"Thank you very much!" She outspoken to say it to the one she meet in the team. Lo and behold she wasn't pleased to touch his hand. She can't bring to avoid the upcoming link of their hands too.

 

"Miba, keep up the good work. Call me Kai." Right at that moment, a grunt from Mina and handshake between them, the captain saw that without mistake how he was to the newbie.

 

Mina could only swallow that in remorse, "You're welcome. Please address me as Miba. Kai!" Though it was a low blow for someone who is senior to her and act as mighty ducks than a man who can acknowledge.

 

A strong tap of her in her arm, it most reasonable way for a man who thinks she's a male. "His like that. Don't fret about it and enjoy being in our team." A reluctant nod she answered to him. "I'm Leo. The one will educate you everything. As in everything." The sound coming from him was suggestive that Mina nodded again to him.

 

Someone kick behind Leo, for her its not normal, she wanted to help him but a wave of a hand stop her, "Please don't listen to him. You're good and be yourself. I know the rumors circling your a gay but its not like that. They don't want to accept that your beautiful and handsome at the same time. No wonder you didn't want your current hair. Because you look like a pretty much more handsome than Kai but in cute side. It's a shame that your hairstyle wasn't accepted." She smile to him genuinely.  

 

Mina was happy someone like him weren't close minded. "I'm Miba. You are?" A flash of understanding flow in his face, "Josh but full name Joshua." He told her with the same amount of energy.

 

As the time when Leo get up, he runs to the both of them, "Are you like that to anyone?" She felt there's a change of tone in him.

 

"What do you mean about that?" She asked him without thinking anything but to know the answer.

 

"Like your so fragile and timid guy. But in reality you're something else. Josh can differentiate that too. Why you're like that?" He was telling her that point of why she was like that. Josh nodded at the same time when he heard his name.

 

"I'm not comfortable with the chaos and somehow I am like what your saying. I'm more into books and video games than a typical students who likes partying. I don't want anything but peace." She wonder if this is the safe thing to dodge his questions and either way she can't handle a good amount of it too.

 

"But let me handle being a good friend to you and introduce a bunch of fellas out there who eyed you right now. Kinda hard to imagine it for you." Leo pointed at something or more of someone, while Josh just shrugged at her when she looks up to him. "Three o'clock position as of your place, you'll see the girl named Wendy looking out for help, tip for today that she and you are match in heaven. I'm not done yet." He turned Mina again at the place the one his talking about and wherein he drag her too, "She's extrovert yet introvert too. Go!"  He pushed her forward in the meek time to get the gist what's going on.

 

Mina even don't know when she gets here in the morning and be a rag doll to someone she acquainted today. Leo is one of kind and like her friend, Sana, from highschool who literal sends her in every place she needs a partner crime with the help of other friends too, needed for a cheerleader practice and ideas. 

 

A girl realize that the shadow of her was of the sun rays and move due to, it is afternoon. The lively hallway was in chaos before are now in silence. She turn her wrist and see that it's indeed quarter to one o'clock pm and perhaps the karma. 

 

"Aish! It's not my fault I am late for today. Why is it I agreed to be in this situation?" The girl Mina saw was blabbering again and again she don't if its a noise of a bee or what.

 

She wasn't mindful in her surroundings that Mina protected her this time not to sway her skirt by the wind will swamp on her area. Mina is infront of her holding her arms wide enough and block the sun rays and the harsh wind from them.

 

The name Wendy that Leo told her abruptly turned around, when she feel somewhat peculiar, a guy who exactly she had a bad blood when she's a freshman. She stands up fastly that Mina need enough time to process her unfamiliar ngestures to her, "I don't need your hand to be dirty. Back off!" A bump of her shoulder to Mina got her patient in gutter for what the girl did to her.

 

Nevertheless, she needs to act as gentleman and apologized to her when she was trying hard how it happened she was snobbed. The girl saw her, a face that includes her action to Mina was a bad news to her. A throbbing ache in her heart is still there even it's in the past. She cannot accept that flaw on her. A right thing to do was like that to him, Wendy told herself, she help up her chin up and grabbed the things in the floor with force.

 

In the first place, when it's first for Mina to see her in her life but for Wendy it's not. A misunderstanding from the past came back when Wendy saw a guy again who gave her very first grade C for a project in a research paper for two. A topic that she needs a partner to debate because it's a written rule to have with a cognitive details of two persons.

 

Mina saw the girl walked away as well as the meantime her mind from that wasn't at rest. The feeling of a life in rollercoaster she wasn't signed for likely to begin this day onwards.

 

One thing she is sure of...

 

Could it be there's a true to life queen bee and mean girls from a movie she saw back then?

 

----

Mina's hair after the haircut of her short hair.

 

Mina's hair when the wig comes off at the P.E. game. 

 

For someone who saw Mina's hair at the field was like this one below at the game: