C8: Hidden talent (unedited)

What is it? (Hiatus!)

No matter what I do

I still feel you’re coming back to me

When i know that you’ll never will

So before I say goodbye

Would you do one last thing for me

Be happy

And take, take her to the moon for me

Take her like you promised me

Say you love her everytime like how you told me that last time

Someday I know we’ll meet again

In heaven by the rainbow’s end

And i only wish you happiness

Until we meet again

 

Mina hummed along the melody of the song in the dimmed music room. It's been half an hour after the horrifying scene she witness after dismissal. The name was clearly her name that comes from her or another overthinking again.

 

As if there's something familiar scent she knows but can't find to remember where it is. The sound circulate on the floor during the time Mina was absent-minded tuning to the song she don't know the title.

 

The light was too dull in the room, it's too dark, no matter what Mina tried to squint her eyes she can't handle to see who is the person walking to the piano. She only knows it has a smell like a touch of men's cologne and a swift of a meadow but a little bit of somewhat fruity too. Music room where you can be found solitude because it's not too crowded for the rumors that was circling. A false but yet intriguing cliché story that most of students was there to be intimate with their partner and then interrupted by a weird sound like its haunting to the point there's a musky smell.

 

A baseless story that Mina occur in the campus when Wendy defined the Music room. As if, it's not true because how on earth there's a smell of it when the place is too clean and neat. 

 

Yet, Wendy wonder her into a real reflection why the music room is like that. She humored herself and was here to know if it's real.

 

A sound of melodies erupted in a slow tempo, the rhythm is not too late and not too fast, it's like a lullaby for a baby, the same energy that Mina knew from the bottom of her heart.

 

It started in a humming notes coming from vocal chords that Mina understand. Accompany of a mezzo-piano wih a touch of sharp notes in the first note. And then the first verse came that Mina couldn't find to believe that there's someone out there could play with a sad song in the dark.

 

Yelling at the sky

Screaming at the world

Baby, why'd you go away?

I'm still your girl

Holding on too tight

Head up in the clouds

Heaven only knows

Where you are now

 

The notes continue to flow the same time that Mina can distinguish the familiar scent again. Not because of her doings but because she realized what was the meaning of the song played now. She wants to interrupt the person who sits comfortably that sway her heart to acknowledge the fact the nightmare is real.

 

Mina slowly stand-up in her place at the farthest side that the one who comes to the room couldn't find her. And then, she stop herself from walking to the person.

 

How do I love

How do I love again?

How do I trust

How do I trust again?

 

That was not the time for Mina to re-enact her younger self in the midst of wanting to stop and can't comprehend what's happening.

 

I stay up all night

Tell myself I'm alright

Baby, you're just harder to see than most

 

The tone coming from the vocal chords of her can't mimic the one who playing and singing at the same time. Nothing can't bring to figure out that notes in the piano for what she did.

 

I put the record on

Wait 'til I hear our song

 

Mina was there at all along to imagine the forbidden emotion that her present father don't want in her life. Because it's a sign of defeat that isn't meant for them, the person that Mina will be and has to be as soon as possible before her life change in a matter of legal documents. It's the opposite for Mina because it entails the gratification and suffering from the start. Her grandfather became her father because of the bloodline connected to her. The very first and last time she ever cried was the day when her mother told her that she'll be happy with them. First thing she listened from her mother during the time she's there with her and turned out to be more than a lie.

 

Her surname change to her late father from her mother's maiden surname that didn't want her parents, especially her biological father in the first place to live as him. The best thing that she is there in the care of her new family was she can be what she wants. But can't find to grasp the needs in her both hands that longing in her heart.

 

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

Every night I'm dancing with your ghost

 

It echoed to the side and every body parts on Mina that she was there standing without noise. The feeling of nausea coming back again whenever she recovers to the that moments and back to the present time.

 

The person switch her phone torch, and investigate the four corners, stop at the time when she seems to see a form of human, "If only you could ignore me that I am here too. I will do the same to you, if you don't report me. I knew that it's restricted area or students except if it's a student council. I saw you here lately at your usual time. Except right now your early. So its a deal." The person looked down below to it and put herself a good show that there's no detention again if she put a show.

 

Someone walk away to the piano, "Are you in pain? Is that why your like that? Hey!" The person who was with Mina told her.

 

Mina was there at the floor hugging her knees that she can't understand how it happened to her. A message that was beyond to non-existent to her. She careful not to speak her voice like the way it cracked. She can't give up now unless not the pathetic words given to her and the ghost from the past hunt her. Her surname wasn't able to know who she is. Her father erased her past and make a new ones.

 

The ones that tells she is Myoui.

 

It's enough to notice that the person in front of her wasn't Kai. It's a friend that connects to her past life to that person which she shared a bloodline to that person.

 

She saw the person sway the hands up to it's chest shielding her body with a phone in the right hand. Mina could see a glimpse that the person is a female. She was going to call her out if that person is here too. 

 

The person who abandoned her and the one she hopes to be is really here studying.

 

"You, okay there?" The short haired girl asked the person. A ringing of phone halted her way to that person, she accept the call of her best friend, "Nayeon it's too early to call me. It's quarter to twelve o'clock in the afternoon only. What now?" An exasperated sigh comes out to her.

 

A high pitch voice muffled to her ear, "Yeri! I'm sorry that I told Jennie about it. I can't help it that somehow you have that talent and Jennie needs help too. She's our best friend too."

 

Mina stood up abruptly, "Is that person here?" She talked to her and couldn't believe that her imagination awhile ago in the class is real. 

 

Yeri gawk in confusion at the person who she finally knew who is it.

 

She arch her eyebrows up and down if he is the person that Jennie's describe to her in email. Yeri startle when she find herself it's the guy who rumored to be the next target of KJ. It can't be because the files had a period after letters of morse code. Her conclusion on her clues for the same letters in different settings can be a two person choreograph it. On her recent discovery from Jennie that maybe it'd probably one person ochestrate the whole fiasco.

 

The person behind the acronym of KJ and K.J. that Yeri weren't giving up. It tarnished the name of the university that gave Wendy a foul rumors circling to her personal life.

 

"Yeri? Am I forgiven?" Nayeon on the other line feel like she's in the hot seat.

 

Nayeon mouthed to Jennie that everything is alright. Because Jennie's eyes is too intimidating to her right now than before. When she told her that the guy she's telling is the one she had class with. 

 

"That is the last time and last thing you will do it for me, Nayeon. I'll tell you that I'm not fine with those favors." Yeri began to notice the person in here is a guy will be the key and looks familiar to her data.

 

She heard a scoff behind her ear, "Excuse me. Yeri, it's not I'm begging you to come and help me. It's a desperate call in desperate time. It's already done and this one is different. Thank you because I passed with a high grade. But I wanted you to know that Jennie's here with me. Asking me where have you been? Because you know someone...who can help her to track someone. Also, why your not at the morning class again. I hope your not there lodging on the abandon room. It's creepy and your not even authorize there to enter. Anyway, we will wait you at the dance room later. I texted you the details yesterday already. Don't ignore us." The person she was talking to said to her. 

 

Yeri glancing at her phone in disbelief, "Nayeon? Nayeon? What the!" She can't handle how Nayeon ended her call. She tap the same number on her screen in frustation, holding herr phone with force, her right hand in her hip, the scowl in her face does the formula that she's closed to throw her phone on the wall. "De verdad... Nayeon!" and she gave up when the call goes to voicemail.

 

The surroundings including the atmosphere turn to silence. Yeri texting her friend and doing her best not to curse at the same time. The time didn't slowed down to Yeri. It's the same the wall clock that was still there hanging at the same brick wall. The annoyance was still shown her face there and for Mina. 

 

It's not the same for Mina.

 

She stop herself from the moment she heard that name. The place became blurred to her. She transferred into to a deepest pit that drowning her. It's same time and day that she knew who she was and will be onwards. She saw that person with her biological mother in a regional competition. She repressed her emotions and opened her own eyes to what extent of regret will shown when she saw her in front of her. Mina got the trophy and won a first place but her heart worn out inside and out. Beaten up to this day how her mother's hug became a home to another child. She can't bring herself but to flee on that instant before her name will announce after Nayeon. Instead she run away as soon as possible. She can't go to her and come forward to confront her mother to ask everything she listed after that day.

 

The day she is not her own daughter.

 

All the time.

 

I think of it's name wasn't a big deal.

 

Everything came flash into my mind. How I bow to her and hide my face when I notice her on the pool of people standing at the side wherein the parents congratulates their child. 

 

In the middle of Mina's cowered figure, Yeri felt something wrong, the person who was with her looks like anything from this moment is a bad luck premonition when she saw like a stone figure and standing there with void of emotions.

 

"Hey! Are you supposed to be pranking me? I heard something like her. What do you mean?" Yeri glance at him. "I thought your tall, dark handsome, like a prince charming. Instead you look like nothing more of it than a cold blooded prince which is perfect for the job." She was there working on her way to the other side wherein the switch is located. While the guy was still there at lost, "I'm Yeri. You alright there. Okay. But someone told me about you so I know your name. It's Miba, right? It's not your classmate Nayeon." The light goes on but Mina's mind went offline. "It's Jennie, the darling of the wannabe campus heartthrob in this university. Which I know you knew already who is I'm referring to."

 

​​​​​​Mina blink rapidly, "Is that person is here?" and walk to the person who said a forbidden name.

 

Yeri startle by reflex when a sound of rigid steps coming from the guy. She couldn't believe that this male student isn't great for what Jennie's description send to her. "Who is it here?" Yeri playfully dodge his question to her.

 

Mina walk aimlessly to the place of short hair girl. Not to say anything about that person that has a surname like her biological mother. But to know if this girl says the name of that person. She was there not knowing she tripped on her own feet because of the uneven steps she did.

 

"Woah! You okay there?" Yeri shouted on him. The guy was there half a meter away from her and trip for no reason. "Are you a bogus athlete? I can't find myself to think you're in dance major too." She find ridiculous that this is the next apple of the eye of KJ when his not a threat and average to K.J.

 

Mina stop from her place and her mind wonder again. Whilst Yeri switch off the lights when she hear a familiar voice of Nayeon.

 

I'm in the middle of seeing the surroundings that I meant to be in permanent.

 

Struggling to differ whenever their are threats to my comfort zone, my solitude with the word loneliness.

 

Here I am in the earth but my soul was travelling in their words.

 

Human is crucial. And sounds possible when its impossible to tell them whats your thoughts to them really. My body wasn't cooperating to my mind. Therefore I would say this is a reality I hope it's not happening.

 

I lost my name.

 

I forgot my own voice. 

 

I wish it's not her.

 

The certificate I wish its mine.

​​​​​

I wish I am her.

 

She's truly here without a doubt.

 

The person I'd like to change myself to be in her position.

 

I wish I am not born.

 

Yeri gaze to him, she bring her right hand to her lips, to indicate him that he has to be quiet, everything is well done. The aftermath of switching it off and Yeri's crouching down to execute her plan for the person. But this one she can't understand why this Miba guy was moving his feet and walking to her position which is beside to the door.

 

Step of hitting the tile floor, the wind gushing down on the open door, the floor which located on the same building as of them has echoed the sound of Nayeon's voice calling to Yeri. 

 

"Yeri we are near at the place though. Yeri I can't see you. Yeri? Yeri." Nayeon echoed again for her.

 

The whole time Yeri wondering if this mysterious person is deaf too. It's uncanny to not hear from Mina too when it's too loud for her.

 

Mina can't help but to think about the unreadable face to the person who can't afford to know she's wearing a piece in her ears.

 

"Hey! Don't tell me you're going to bail me!" Yeri shouted to the guy who seriously ignored her.

 

Mina walk behind from her, she step back a little bit, and turned around to switch on the light. She doesn't forget to gesture her right index finger to Yeri's ear that has bluetooth earbuds. As in cue, Yeri stood up from her crouching position as soon as possible she get it and shut down the call from her phone.

 

"Wait!" Yeri nervously laugh with her silliness, "I'm reenacting a scene where I have to be like her." She can't give it away herself it's not acting when Miba is gazing him like a detective "Anyway", and after that she gulp to compose, "Do you know when to rest and not?" She eyed his bandage wrist and eyebags underneath that covered up of concealer. "I know your intentions why you used more oftentimes your right hand than the other one. You can't fool me because I knew how it's going on that injury. You miscalculated your strength of your partner which impact your own disadvantage of it. I love your performance with your partner and kudos it's not official but a practice only." She rolled her eyes to cold blooded Miba who didn't want her in the first place. Because he wasn't too happy for sure that a person invading his time.

 

Yeri walk behind her at the corridor, a half meter away from him. She can see the other student's lurking around at the groundfloor. Sneaking around not to see their unusual gimmick for their binocular which Yeri don't know.

 

Yeri seems to reflect why she can't get to understand his gimmick to a wanna be mysterious Edward Cullen. "Because you passed the test with Seungyeon without having difficulties except on emotions to connect on your partner. I hope your final dance with whom will be in the near future is bright and not stiff as robot." She may or may not gave him underlying statement for what partner he is.

 

Mina stop on her route, she observe the male students nearby, and she calmly told herself it's not good to curse. She can see there's a few of male students at the side of the room near stairway and classroom. Seeking for a new victim at the top of the staircase on the exact view that they can see the perfect action of the planned they made for this day. Which Mina is aware because she can get too familiarize them for the time being she was there on the forbidden dead end.

 

Yeri eyed him and classified Miba as weirdo and think about the classified files sent from her that surprise her. Which likely from K.J. who gave her a migraine to her during she read those documents for embazzlement going on for years.

 

Yeri walk until she's behind to Miba. She didn't turned around to be heard by now of the person who snobbed her presence. But she keep her voice fair enough to notice it for him. "Tell you not, but that kind of action earlier wasn't good when you forced down your sprained hand when supporting your body to stand up." Yeri glancing to the both side of her peripheral vision, her hands in her hoodie's pocket, a dangling ID lace without knowing it's missing an ID card, a white shoes to complete her uniform underneath of a hoodie, which she don't mind to wear in the summer season.

 

It's not too hot, not too cold from the obvious reason they know. The climate is acting up to the unknown force of summer moonson.

 

The wind swipe up her skirt, that moment Yeri can't find what she have to do. As if she is too shock to see a freaking spider on the ground below or to hear an audible sounds that too deep and high pitch for her at the same time. Plus it's not okay for her to get in touch on a freaking slime and moist alone that she feel afterwards. When she leaned on a metal rail accidentally took her knees quiver instant and the impact of a shadow she saw on the wall too.

 

Mina covered her and stand behind her back that results to Yeri's award winning dolphin scream. Yeri tried not to freak out there and then but how when she understand the situation she is, that there's a bunch of erts on the other side of staircase. Especially, her skirt that wasn't in the mood to help her too. Also, the person behind her who is creep too.

 

Yeri took off her hoodie as fast as she can and tied it around her waist to protect herself. She turned around to confront the opponent, "Yah!" and gave a mind-blowing punched to the ert.

​​

Mina saw everything on a spinning motion that she is trying so hard not to touch the girl who did a pretty much like knocked out her stomach. She knows the thud that she heard was not from her. But he made a mistake because it was him who was knocked down.

 

Jennie run to them, "Yeri don't do that!" She arrived late at the crime Yeri did to the person who she assumed the one who always with Jackson and Bambam.

 

Mina can't pinpoint why the girl who punch her sounds off and her voice is pitchier than before. If anything else she needs to know if it's Ruby Jane was here but much to her dismay she fainted. Before she could draw the line of illusion and reality.

 

Yeri glancing to Jennie in concern, "Are you sick? You look paler than that guy who sleep." Yeri pointing Miba and turn to Jennie's eyes to investigate between this kind of behavior. "What is your boyfriend feeding you? Is it Kai? Maybe you really don't have a boyfriend?" Confusion gain to her mind when Jennie look scared to the guy who sleep on the floor. "He is Miba. Don't worry about it his exaggerating only." Confirming this to Jennie who crouched down to see if her explanation is true. 

 

She brush Miba's bangs on her way to detect if he has a fever. "What sorcerer did you do to Miba?" She question Yeri who shrugged hwr shoulders only. Jennie weren't like that in anyone as for Yeri's memories intact as her close friend in the university. "I am trying to wake him up. Call Wendy, please. Yeri, hurry up. He is not responding and bleeding too.." Jennie saw Yeri briefly low her head and raise it.

 

Without warning Yeri send a voicemail to Wendy, "It's an emergency beside the stairway and music room. Carry your first aid kit only." Yeri couldn't believe that this Miba is a loner and not mysterious to be exact.

 

She heard Yeri calling to someone, and Yeri smile afterwards to her. "Hurry up! What did you do to him? It's bleeding too on his hand. He is not responding too." Jennie raised her voice that Yeri weren't fazed to her. 

 

Yeri rolled her eyes to her in something she used to it.

 

To avoid being annoyed to her friend, she just turned her attention to her hand that brush to his bangs. "There's a cut on your forehead near the position of my mole too. Who really are you?" she mumbled on his side staring at his angelic face.

 

Yeri hid her phone, see Jennie in the verge of crying because of blooded gauze hand of him, "It is normal when he is injured. If you don't know he is like you and you can put your own experience why his like that. A victim of your jerk boyfriend likewise because he is one of the candidate to be Solor on La Bayadère story. He can pass but I doubt him on that character. To my opinion his suitable to The High Grahmin or Gamzatti. Don't you think so Jennie?" she lured Jennie.

 

Jennie gape to her revelation of her friend that nobody knows for that even her. "How did you know that? Yeri can't you see that it is a waste of time to beat KJ because it is Kai. The files that I send for you are from Kai only. If ever the student council members know you hacked again the server you'll be expell to your scholarship." 

 

It wasn't Yeri's position to release who is her partner of that play. Nonetheless she is intrigued, she saw it was Miba, with a minor cuts and fatigue that send whirlwind to denied tht opportunity.

 

"I'm not the one who did that. You know who was it. Don't worry about him. Because this pretty lad maybe a big catch to know who is the real KJ. Not your interested when you find to believe Kai is the KJ." Yeri tapping her foot. The tension between aren't sure if it's come from looking forward to know who is right.

 

There's someone out there will help them here. "Jennie?" Wendy calling out to the person she see first. "Yeri?" She called out for their attention. But to her surprise it is Miba that was in accident and not Yeri.

 

"There she is." Yeri raised her eyebrows and side eye the person she talking to. "I called someone from his phone that has one contact number only which is I'm not surprised it was Wendy." she said to Jennie.

 

Yeri can disclose K.J. is Kai for his birth name however the evidence traces slightly to Miba or pointed toward him. She will do her best to show how damage it affect to her friend especially Wendy even it is her brother. She would not bailed this investigation from the student council themselves. Either way she discern that Miba is not Miba and maybe he is Mina who she see in the list of transferee before it wiped-out. Yeri wanted to know who is the notorious criminal of their university who trick her that hack their university server and files when it's not. The important files isn't change but somewhere there she can see the light different of it. 

 

Yeri is determined that K.J. is not anyone but Mina.

__

This was the time when the person was doing and Mina is absent-minded humming a song in the dark room.

 

Picture that the person was playing piano in the dark without the mirror and the curtains with window.