Chapter 9

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The next morning:

Yuri sigh dreamily and roll her body over to find the space beside her empty. She frown when she open her eyes.

"Was last night just a dream?" Yuri scratch her head in confusion.

Yuri stare at the ceiling and roll over to the empty space as she inhale the smell on the pillow and a smile creep on her lips. It wasn't a dream. Yoona was here. Her scent is all over the pillow and sheet.

She saw a note on her bedside table and it was from Yoona.


'I have to go to work early, so I have to leave and you seems to sleep so soundly, I don't want to wake you up. I'll see you at work.

-Yoona'


Yuri look at the time and it's 7am. She has to go to work at 8am, so she drag herself out of bed and prepare for work. Yuri never feels so excited to go to work like today. She can't wait to see Yoona.

She reach her office and Yoona is not in there. Yuri was abit disappointed, but then she saw a cup of coffee on her desk with a note.

'Good morning Dr Kwon! :)'

Yuri smile and sip on the coffee. It's still warm, so that means it wasn't long since Yoona left. Yuri put on her white coat and walk out to find her deer girlfriend.

She went to the nurse station and saw Sunny on standby.

"Good morning Sunny-shi!"

"Morning Dr Kwon!"

"Good morning Dr Kwon!" Yoona who just finish her round, greets Yuri shyly.

Yuri blushed a little when she saw Yoona.

"Good morning Dr Im!"

"Did you had a good sleep?" Yoona asked.

"Yeah! I have never sleep so well before." Yuri said and Yoona blushed.

"You don't feel hangover dr Kwon? You passed out last night and we were so worry." Sunny asked.

"Oh yeah I'm fine. I'm just not use to drinking alcohol."

"Well thank to our Dr Im who bring you home. But How did you know where Dr Kwon live anyway?"

"Oh! uhhh I..."

"It was in my car GPS." Yuri saved Yoona from Sunny question.

"Ah I see."

"Dr Im! Can you bring me the CT scan of the new patient? We need to arrange the schedule for the surgery too."

"Yes Dr Kwon. I'll see you in the office." Yoona said and they left.

"That two are so obvious." Sunny chuckle at them. She knew about Yuri and Yoona because Taeyeon got drunk and told her last night.

Yuri wait patiently inside her office and a few minutes later Yoona arrived.

"Hi!"

"Hey! You are not too tired are you? You left so early this morning." Yuri asked as she get up from her chair and bring Yoona to sit down on the couch inside their office.

"I'm fine. I used to it already."

"Here eat this." Yuri hand Yoona a sandwich that she bought on her way to hospital.

"Oh! You don't have to." Yoona said embarrassingly because she only got Yuri coffee and here Yuri bring her a set of sandwich and juice.

"I have to. You're my girlfriend. I have to take care of my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Yoona asked teasingly.

"wae? You don't like it? I mean, after what happen last night I just assume that we are back together?" Yuri said and avoid Yoona's eyes. "I'm sorry if you are not comfortable with it."

"Aniyo! I like it. I'm just teasing you." Yoona said and hide her smile.

"That's not funny." Yuri frown.

"Awww sorry! Come here." Yoona make Yuri sit down next to her and kiss the girl on the cheek.

And Yuri frown turn into a big smile. She gave Yoona the sandwich and the girl happily eat it. Yoona also share her sandwich with Yuri too. Yuri normally don't eat breakfast, but she happily enjoy it with Yoona.

"Yul!"

"Hmm?"

"Drink this!"

"Vitamin C? Wae?"

"You have to take care of yourself if you want to be my girlfriend. I want you to be healthy because I want to be with you for a long long time." Yoona confessed and Yuri pinch Yoona's nose and take her vitamin C.

"Wow that's sour!!!" Yuri make a funny face and Yoona just laugh at her.

Their office fill with laughter. After breakfast, they begin working professionally. They make round together, as their busy day begin.

*


Yuri and Yoona chemistry has become known to the whole Neurology Departement with how good and talented they work together even they just started working with each other on a short period of time.

They knows that with their busy schedule, they can never have a normal date like other people, but they are thankful that they work together, they always find time to have a little date here and there in the hospital ground during their break.

They had lunch together, sometimes Yuri would cook and bring it to the hospital when their schedule isn't the same.

Just like today, It's Yuri day off, but she came using excuse that she need to take a look at some document, just so she could bring lunch to the office for Yoona.

She sat in her office waiting for Yoona to join her. She wait for 5 minutes and Yoona came.

"Anneyeong!" Yoona sat down on the couch and rest her head on Yuri's shoulder.

"Tired?" Yuri asked and Yoona just nodded in respond.

"The ER is a mess today." Yoona said.

"Want me to help out?"

"Aniyah... It's your day off. You should rest. Why are you here?" Yoona asked when she sat back up.

"I bring you lunch."

"Awww you're so sweet." Yoona kiss Yuri on the cheek, but Yuri is not satify with just that.

She pull Yoona closer and peek her lips.

"Hey!! We are in the office."

"Yeah so? No one's here." Yuri said and Yoona hit her arm. Yuri chuckle and took out the lunch that she has prepared.

"Wow... Chicken soup?"

"Yeah. You look so tired, you have to drink all of it. We have to be healthy, remember?" Yuri said making Yoona laugh.

"You have some too then!"

They happily enjoy their lunch. After lunch, Yoona still has 10 minutes left, so she lay on Yuri's lap while Yuri her hair.

"Yoong?"

"hmmm?"

"Tomorrow is your day off right?"

"Yeah. Wae?"

"I was thinking about going fishing because I took the afternoon off."

"Oh... Is it a date?" Yoona looks at Yuri with teasing smile.

"Well uhhh umm no it's not. I want you to meet someone."

"Oh... Ok."

"It's my grand father."

"What??"

"If you are not ready, then we can do it another time. I mean I don't want to force you."

"No. It's not like that. I'm just surprise, and nervous."

"You don't have to be nervous. I know that he'll love you."

"Ummm... Ok."

"I'll pick you up from your place in the afternoon."

"Ok." Yoona give Yuri a smile, but she can't help but feel nervous because she remember the time when she met Yuri's father and it didn't go well. Just thinking about it scared her.

Fews minutes later, her phone start vibrate.

"Oh! I have to go! It's the ER."

"Oh ok. You sure you don't want me to help?"

"No! Just go home and rest."

"Ok. You can go! I'll clean up here."

"Thank you Yul!" Yoona kiss Yuri cheek and left.

Yuri clean up and bring back her lunch box before she goes back home, But when she was about to leave, she got a phone call from her chief.

"Yeoboseyo!"

"Yuri-ah! Where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital. Why unnie?"

"Really? That's great. Can you do an emergency surgery with Dr Im today? We just had a new patient from car accident."

"Oh sure! I'll call Dr Im."

"Great! Thank you Yuri-ah."

Yuri call Yoona and get change. Yoona came back to their office to show Yuri the CT and they discuss a little bit before they start the surgery.

It tooks them about 3 hours to finish the surgery. Yuri change back into her cloth while Yoona finishing up the patient. A while later, Yoona came back to see Yuri.

"Hey!" Yuri said and pull Yoona down to sit on her lap and wrap her arms around Yoona's waist.

"Thank you for being here. I thought you already left. I didn't make you wait too long right?" Yoona said and rest her arms on Yuri's shoulder.

"How can I go without saying good bye. Are you ok Yoong? You look exausted."

"I'm just a little tired. Told you today is a mess. You even have to work on your day off."

"It's ok. Don't worry about me. I don't mind staying though. I could be with you."

"Awww you are so cheesy."

"What do you have to do next?"

"I still have to do my round. I also have to talk to the patient's guardian."

"Just take a break and rest. I'll cover for you." Yuri said and she doesn't mind helping, because Yoona looks really tired.

"Jinja?"

"Yeah, but in return you have to go out to dinner with me tonight. How's that?"

"Sure! I'll buy. You can choose whatever you want."

"Call!" Yuri peek Yoona's lip and linger there a little longer before she left the room and let Yoona rest.

*

Yuri talked to the patient's guardian and make the round with the resident instead of Yoona. As she walk back to the nurse's station to hand out the paper, she met with Lee Minho over there.

"Hello Dr Kwon!"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter