chapter 4

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


7:30 am:

Yoona slowly regain her energy. She slightly groan when she open her eyes. She found herself in a familiar room, but it's not her room. She's no longer has the fever but her face is still pale. Yoona took off the towel on her forehead and tried to sit up, and that's when she knows where she is.

She look at Yuri who's sleeping on her desk. Yoona smile sadly and get off the bed. She approach Yuri and tuck Yuri's hair to the side and bend down to kiss the girl cheek, which wake Yuri up.

"Oh I'm sorry I wake you up."

"Yoong? Are you okay? You feeling better now?" The half asleep Yuri can't help but worry about Yoona the first thing she awake.

"I'm ok."

"Let me see!" Yuri said and put her hand on Yoona's forehead. "Your fever is gone, but you should rest more. I'll go and bring you water."

"No! Stay here." Yoona pull Yuri into her embrace and rest her chin on Yuri's shoulder. Yuri respond Yoona by wrapping her arms around the other girl's body to pull her closer.

"It's saturday and it's still early to wake up. You are sick so you should sleep more."

"I will, if you're agree to lay down next to me." Yoona suggest. She feel bad for making Yuri take care of her all night not to mention she slept on Yuri's bed and make the girl sleeping uncomfortable on her desk.

"Umm If you don't mind then..."

"You bed is big enough for both of us. Now lie down!" Yoona command and Yuri obey.

She lay on the bed and turn her body side way to face Yoona who did the same. Yuri wasn't being ert or anything, but she feel excited just to lay like that on her bed with the girl she love the most. Yuri took Yoona's hand and kiss it lovingly.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Yuri asked.

"Umm I remember vividly that you carry me on your back all the way from the light house. After that I couldn't remember anything else. I'm sorry for being such a burden."

"Aniyo! You are so light, I don't even feel your weight on my back." Yuri said playfully and it does light up Yoona's mood. Even with her pale face, Yoona could still light up the room with her smile which make Yuri smile too.

"What happen after we come home? Why didn't you bring me to my house? You couldn't find the key?"

"I found the key, but I think that it's not polite to go into someone's home without permission. You were unconcious, so I bring you here. You had high fever when we reach my room."

"You took care of me all night?" Yoona ask and Yuri remember the part where she change Yoona's clothes and she feel the rush of blood around her cheek as she avoid Yoona's eyes.

"I just try to lower your temperature, but then you were drench in cold sweat so... I uhhh-"

"Wae?"

"Ichangeyourclothes. I'm sorry!" Yuri said quickly with her eyes close hoping Yoona won't catch it, but then she heard chuckle.

"So you are the one who change my clothes?" Yoona asked and Yuri nodded. "Were you or were you not being y?" Yoona bite her lips to stop herself from laughing. She couldn't help but want to tease Yuri more with how she react.

"NOOOO!!! I tried to do it as quick as possible. I swear it was dark and I didn't see much." Yuri put her hand up in the air to show Yoona that she really mean her words. "I would never try to take advantage of a sick person. I saw it in the book that you have to change into dry clothes, so I did what have to be done." Yuri keeps rambling on and on trying to make Yoona believe her, but Yoona stopped her by pressing her lips on Yuri's, and Yuri stopped. She close her eyes to enjoy Yoona's soft lips.

"Thank you for taking care of me." Yoona said when she put her head back on her pillow.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"How long have you been staying there?"

"I don't know. I went there after my uncle go back to SEOUL." Yoona said and Yuri just nodded and they continue to lay there in silent.



"Yul?"

"Hmm?"

"How did you know to find me at the light house?"

"I took a guess. I heard from Taeyeon that your parents had accident at the sea. I remember my grandma used to tell me the tales of the light house everytime I visited her here when I was small. She always said that the light house exist so that those who got lost will find there way home. and you know since it was the day that your parents ummm... sorry! let's not talk about that."

"It's ok. I know that you must heard it from Seohyun and her mom. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it. It just that I always feel so happy to be around you that It makes me forget about those sad memories. That's why I never bring that up. I don't want to ruin the moment I have with you, but yesterday was the 1 year anniversary that they passed away and I was completely forget about it. *sob* I am such a bad and ungrateful daughter." Yoona said and cry again.

"No! You are not." Yuri wipe Yoona's tear away. "I believe that your parents must be so happy to have a wonderful daughter like you. You are not just pretty, but you are kind and you care about the people around you. Your parents must be proud when they look at you from heaven. And it's not wrong for trying to move on and be happy. No matter what happen, life still goes on and you have to continue living. You can't stay sad for the rest of your life. You have to accept the true in order to move on with your life, and I'm glad that I made you happy."

"You are such a great and sweet person I've ever known Yul. Your parents must be proud of you too." Yoona said, but Yuri's face turn a little sad at that.

"I don't think they are."

"Why did you say that?"

"Because they don't seems to be proud of me at all. I'm sorry I have a complicated family issue."

"If you are not ready to talk about it, it's ok."

"Well I never say it out loud. I think just like you, I tried to cover myself with cold and stronge image so people who care about me doesn't have to worry." Yuri put Yoona's hand under her cheek to feel the warm of Yoona's hand and she continue "My parents got divorce not long ago. But things was bad for a long time already. They just finally decide to get divorce now that I turn 18 years old. I didn't even need to chose between my mom or my dad. I am 18 so I could live on my own. I completely understand them. Who want to stuck with an 18 years old daughter when you want to start over, right?"

"Maybe that's not what they feel. Sometimes adult life could be too complicated."

"Well my dad still try his best to get involve with my life through his secretary/lawyer. He promise that I would get all the support I need by talking to his secretary."

"Was he that busy?"

"He already got married and start a new family."

"Oh I'm sorry!"

"No it's fine. I think he's still care a little, but my mother is a different story. After divorce, she just move straight to US with her new lover without even saying good bye. I wonder if she really is my mother." Yuri said casually, but Yoona could hear sadness in her voice.

Yuri might come to term that her parents are divorce and she was abandoned, but that doesn't mean that it hurt her less everytime the topic of her parents came up. Yoona knows how lonely it feels when you don't have your parents there to support you when you need them the most. She couldn't think that word is what Yuri need right now.

Yoona pull Yuri closer to her and press their forehead against each other as she whisper 'I love you' before closing the gap between them. Yuri couldn't get enough as she turn their body over and now she's on top of Yoona. Yoona wrap her arms around Yuri while her hand is playing with Yuri's hair pulling her closer.

*knock knock*

The knocking sound of the door surprise Yoona.

*thud*

It happends so fast that even Yoona didn't know what she did. Yuri found herself fell on the floor.

"Ouch!!!" Yuri groaned and the door swung open reveal the surprised Seohyun.

"Unnie? Are you okay? Why are you on the floor?" Seohyun asked, but instead of answering Seohyun, Yuri turn to look at Yoona who smile appologetically at her.

"Sorry!" Yoona said while trying not to laugh at the pissed off Kwon Yuri on the floor.

"Wait! Did you try to do something to Yoona unnie and she kick you off the bed? Oh my god unnie!"

"Yah Seohyun! It's not like that." Yuri get up from the floor and protest.

"Then what?"

"You don't need to know."

"It must be that."

"No it's not."

"Look! Omma said to come down and eat breakfast. And Yoona unnie, if you are still not feeling well, you can stay here. Yuri unnie will bring breakfast to you." Seohyun said.

"I'm not that hungry. I will go back home and eat later. Thank you Seo!"

"No! Stay here and rest. I'll be back soon." Yuri protest and Yoona has no choice but listen to her girlfriend.

Yuri and Seohyun left to have their breakfast. Yoona was supposed to rest, but instead of doing that, she begin to look around Yuri's room. Just like last time that she came here, Yuri's room is fill with books. Yoona skimming through the book and a few books on the shelf caught her attention. 'Basic Medical Sciences' 'Basic Medical Microbiology' and more books related to medical stuff.

"So you want to become a doctor?" Yoona muttered and chuckle. "You will become a great doctor." She said and put the book back on the shelf.

Yoona sat on Yuri's bed and open the blind on the window. she just realize that thier room is right opposite each other. It means that Yuri could see her from here. Yoona remember that she always jumping around everytime they text on their phone. Now she facepalm herself in embarrassement. She was hoping that Yuri never saw that.

At the dining table:

"Yah Yuri eat slowly will you?" Seohyun's mom said when she saw Yuri devour everything as fast as she could.

"She's in a rush Omma!" Seohyun teased and Yuri glare at her.

"I'm done! I'll bring breakfast to Yoona now."

"Okay! Just leave your dishes there, Seohyun will do it."

"Ah wae??" Seohyun whined but her mom ignored her.

"Thank you auntie!"

"And Yuri take these and give it to Yoona after she ate." Her aunt said and hand her the medicine.

Yuri take the breakfast and medicine and go back up to her room. She open the door and saw Yoona sat on the bed while looking out the window.

"What are you doing? You were supposed to rest."

"I had enough rest Yul. I'm fine now."

"Here eat your breakfast then." Yuri said as she put the tray on her night stand and start feeding Yoona.

"I can eat it by myself."

"No! Now say AH..." Yuri insisted and Yoona chuckle and let Yuri feed her.

After feeding Yoona food and medicine, Yuri asked her to rest more, but Yoona protested.

"I should get home. I already bother you and your family too much."

"Aniyo. You never bother us. I want to make sure that you are fine."

"I'm fine now and it all thank to you."

"Well if you want to rest at home then I'll walk you back."

Yoona said her 'thanks' to Seohyun and her mother before she left with Yuri who carry her bag. When they reach the front door, Yuri hands Yoona her bag.

"Rest well. Don't do anything and don't think about anything else."

"Umm Yul! Do you want to come in?"

"I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter