Chapter 7

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


K.J Seoul Medical Center:


"Dr Im we have an emergency here. There's was a car accident and the patient has hit his head hard when he fell down. There is fracture on his head bone."

"Bring me the CT scan."

"Here!"

"I need to do the emergency surgery on him. Prepare the OR right away."

"Yes Doctor!"

After a few long hours, Yoona finally done with the surgery. She got change and was ready to take a nap in her staff room, when Sunny just burst into her room and scream her name.

"YOONA!!!! I mean Doctor Im!!!!!!!"

"Ah wae?"

"I have news."

"What news? Can it wait? I'm dead tired here."

"You heard about the new professor?"

"Yeah and?"

"Guess who it is?"

"Sunny I'm restraining myself from killing you, and now you want me to play this game with you?"

"Ok fine. She's our president's daughter who studied medical in Havard and is known to be a hottie in Neuro Surgery departement also she is very well known for her talents. Can you imagine that? Hot, Rich and talented. Oh oh and I heard that her name is-"

"Kwon Yuri!"  Yoona said and Sunny was surprise that Yoona knew the name before she even tell her, but she follow Yoona's stare and found the hottie she was talking about is leaning on the door frame while looking at them.

"Ohhhh!!!" Sunny gasp.

"Hello! I'm the new professor. My name is Kwon Yuri." Yuri introduce herself.

"Ah dae! Anneyeonghaseyo! My name is Lee Sunny. I'm a nurse here. and This is our fellow Neurosurgeon Im Yoona-"

"I know. Thank you Sunny-shi!"

"Oh.... I'm going to let you two talk then." Sunny said and left Yoona and Yuri.

Yuri appoached the flustered Yoona.

"Do you have time for a coffee?" Yuri asked and Yoona nodded.

They end up drinking coffee on the roof top.

"How have you been?" Yoona starts.

"Are you married?" Yuri didn't answer the question, instead she ask Yoona question.

"What? NO!" Yuri knew, but she wants to hear it from Yoona.

"Are you dating someone?"

"No."

"Okay then." Yuri couldn't hide her smile as she looks out at the city light of Seoul.

"What about you? Are you married? I heard you had become a hottie of the neuro surgery department."

"What do you think? Do I look hot like they said?"

"No i mean... I don't know. I-I..."

"I'm not sure if I'm the hottie, but I am not married or dating anyone. Do you want to date me?" Yuri said and Yoona was surprise with the question and spit the coffee on Yuri.

"Oh my god I'm sorry!" Yoona tried to wipe the coffee on Yuri's shirt, but Yuri grab her wrist and smile amusingly at her.

"Will you say yes?"

"No!"

"Are you turning me down?"

"No!"

"You're so cute. I'm taking back my question."

"Wae?"

"I'll ask you another time when the coffee is not involve. I need to go now. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Oh okay!" Yoona said a bit disappointed that Yuri has to leave.

"The white coat look great on you by the way."

"Thanks." Yoona give a small smile at the compliment.

"I'll walk you back to your office."

Yuri walk Yoona back to her office. She said good bye to Yoona and leave, She couldn't help but stop moving when she over heard Yoona's conversation with another doctor. Yuri turn her head a little to see who it is and it is a handsome doctor. Yuri decide to listen to what he has to say.

"Yoona! I mean Dr Im!"

"Dae Dr Lee Minho?"

"Tomorrow you will finish early right? Can we have dinner together?"

"Ohhh... I'm sorry but I already have plan."

"Oh really? Ummm next time then."

Yuri smile and continue walking. She goes to her car and get a clean shirt then get change before going up to the president's office.

She reach the office and knock on the door.

"Come on in!"

"Anneyeonghaseyo! Have you been well father?" Yuri tried to sound polite, but there are still coldness in her voice.

"Are you here to report your duty?"

"Dae!"

"Ok. So I guess you've met you ex-girlfriend huh?"

"Ex-girlfriend?"

"I'm talking about Im Yoona."

"So you hired her while knowing that? What did you gain by doing that?"

"Wae? She's talented. To be honest, I was surprised that she has become Neuro Surgeon too."

"I'm not surprise that she achieved her goal. What surprise me is that why did she wasting her talent working for you."

"Who wouldn't want to work here? The salary is good and it seems like she is still hung up on the idea that she could see you here someday. What about you? Do you still want to be with her?"

"I'm sorry sir! But for a second there, I suddenly got a feeling that you care about me." Yuri chuckle in disbelieve.

"Of course. I'm your father. By the way, Just forget about her. It's been 10 years. Like I told her 10 years ago, it was just a high school rebel phrase. But she was so confident trying to convince me that she truly love you. Look at what happen, you didn't even bother contact her after you wake up. Poor little girl, it must have been hard to have her heart broken around that age. I hope she wouldn't get her hope up after seeing you here."

Yuri wanted to say that she did that because she knows he wouldn't leave her alone if Yuri came back to Yoona, but then she see no point of explaining to the father who abandoned her.

"If you have nothing else to say, then I'll take my leave."

"Come home and have dinner with us and your grand father tomorrow."

"I'm sorry! But I already had plan."

"Wae? Are you going to see her?"

"That will be non of your concern sir!" Yuri bow and left the office.


*

In a restaurant somewhere in Seoul:

"How's your first day back Yuri-ah?"

"It was great to be back home Grandpa! I went to see Taehee unnie but she is not in her office today."

"Oh really? anyway Do you like your appartement?"

"Nae! I was supposed to move in there 10 years ago. I've finally get to move in now."

"Are you sure you don't want to move back into the mansion?"

"That's not my home anymore grandpa. I will visit you as much as I could. We can have dinner whenever you want too."

"You are not just saying this so I would leave you alone, are you?"

"Aniyah... I'm serious. I would came running whenever you need me. You have to do your check up regularly too. If you are not feeling well, let me know ok?" Yuri said and hold her grand father hand to reassure him that she mean it.

Her grand father ruffle her hair and laugh at his adorable grand daughter.

*

The next day:

Yoona sat at her desk and lost in her thought. She couldn't sleep all night last night after she met Yuri. She knew that she will meet Yuri someday when she decide to accept the job in K.J medical center, but that doesn't mean that she's ready. She thought she was ready. Ready to ask Yuri so many question. She was ready to be mad at Yuri for leaving her and never contact her nor reply to her mail for 10 long years. Yoona has tried to contact Yuri through countless email, but Yuri never read it.

She has regret for leaving the hospital room that night, but she went back only to find out from Seohyun's mom that Yuri had left the country, and she never thought that was how it end. How their relationship come to an end.

She heard about Yuri after a few years through her senior who went to Boston for seminar and met the out standing student who has done her presentation during the seminar. She was a hot topic back then too. Yoona tried to reach her once again but it was impossible, then she has decided that working for Yuri's family hospital is her last chance, so here she is desprate and pathetic, but Yuri doesn't need to know that.

She wonder how it seems so easy for Yuri to get back into her life like nothing has happend. She wants to just ignore Yuri and make the girl suffer for not reaching out to her. But who is she kidding? Even after what happen to them, she never feel like they broke up in the first place.

"Aren't you leaving?" Sunny asked when she saw Yoona still stuck in her office.

"I'm going."

"You should rest. You look like a zombie."

"I couldn't sleep. Something is bothering me. I need to relieve stress."

"Relieve stress? Why don't you just go out to dinner with Dr Lee Minho tonight?"

"Aniyo! He should get the hint by now that I am not interested."

"Yoona-ah! You never interested. Is it because of your first love again? Why are you still hung up on that anyway? 10 years is a long time. You should move on by now. Give Dr Lee a try."

"I don't know."

"More like you don't want to. You know, people always say that first love never last. Maybe it's time for you to move on."

"Thank Sunny, but I should get going now, before you nag me to death."

"Yah!!! Tell Taeyeon I said HI. Aish Jinja... That girl never listen to her friend."

"Go and see her yourself!" Yoona shouted back as she was leaving.

*

Yuri came to the hospital to arrange her stuff into her office. It's strange because she didn't see Yoona in her office but then she remember that Yoona finished early today. She brush it off and continue arranging her stuff. Once she finish, she went to see Sunny the nurse that she saw yesterday to ask about Yoona.

"Hi Sunny-shi!"

"Oh Hi Doctor Kwon!"

"Is Dr Im not in today?"

"Oh she already left. Today she finished early. Do you need something? I can call her."

"Umm Can I have her number?"

"Oh sure! here!"

"Do you have any idea where she might be?"

"I guess she is working out right now."

"Can you tell me where that is?"

"Sure!"

Sunny told Yuri about Yoona whereabout and Yuri follow the adress. She look at the place and it doesn't seems like a normal gym. Yuri enter and found out that it's actually a private boxing gym.

"Hello! I'm here to see Miss Im Yoona."

"Oh yes she's here. Do you want me to call her?"

"Aniyo! Can I just go inside and wait."

"Oh sure you can!"

"Thank you."

Yuri was thankful that the guy is nice enough to let her in.

She was surprise to see this side of Yoona. Yoona and boxing, doesn't really come into her mind, but she found it y. The girl is cover in sweat and she seems to be so passionate during the practise. Once Yoona is done with her coach, Yuri approach the ring.

"I didn't know you are into boxing." Yuri said and Yoona looks surprise when she saw her.

"H-how did you know I'm here?"

"It looks like Sunny knows everything about Dr Im."

"I'll make sure I kill you Lee Bunny!" Yoona muttered under her breath.

"It's not her fault. She thought I have something important to talk to you."

"Do you really?"

"Do you want me to?" Yuri asked back.

"I ask you first. You seems to devolope the habit of replying people question by another question." Yoona said seriously making Yuri chuckle.

"What do you want to know Yoona?"

"Why are you here?"

"Can't I be here?"

"Yes you can, but then you have to come in here." Yoona motion Yuri to get inside the ring.

Yuri gulp. Should she be scared? But she doesn't care as she start stretching and get in there anyway.

"I will ask you again. Why are you here?"

"To see you of course."

"Wae?"

"Do I need a reason to see you?"

"Wrong answer. I'll get going then." Yoona was about to get off the ring, but Yuri grab her shoulder and stop her.

Yoona grab her hand and turn Yuri around, but Yuri is fast enough to turn herself and wrap her arm around Yoona's neck.

"Ahhh... Let me go!"

"You know, I learn a few thing or two about self defend too."

"Oh really?" Yoona smirk and push their body backward making Yuri lose balance and fall back on the floor.

Yoona quickly get up and grab Yuri's arm and hurt her arm trying to make Yuri give up, but Yuri turn their body over and she pin Yoona arms over her head and laugh, but Yoona kick her stomach make her fly over and fall on her back and grab Yuri's arm while her leg is on Yuri's neck.

"tap tap" Yuri pretend to give up and Yoona fall for it and let go, but Yuri pin her again and this time she make sure that Yoona is trap.

"That's cheating." Yoona whined, but Yuri just laugh triumphantly. They caught each other's eyes and froze. It remind them of their first kiss.

Yuri was lost in a moment as she lean down closer, but Yoona turn away. Yuri can't help, but blushed in embarras
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter