Chapter 17

Let Me Love You | XiaoDery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It feels so unreal but feels right at the same time.

Until now, Hendery couldn't believe that this was happening right now. It feels like everything happened only yesterday and for some reason, he still refuses to believe that Xiaojun feels the same and confesses to him.

He doesn't know why but he's somehow scared. What if he'll wake up tomorrow and realize that this is only a dream? What if tomorrow, Xiaojun will take back what he said and realize that he's no longer willing to take the risk? What if Xiaojun regrets everything he said and only sees him as a best friend, or he's just confused?

Hendery couldn't help to overthink.

"Hendery, stop it. I can hear your thoughts all the way here." Xiaojun said and turned his gaze on Hendery who's staring at him and seems like Hendery is not aware.

Xiaojun finished cooking and turned off the stove, he's currently cooking for their dinner and Hendery decided to stay longer. Xiaojun didn't know if he'll stay for the night as well but it would be better if he did.

About Guanyeu, he hasn't asked Hendery about him yet.

Hendery brushed his hair to wipe away his thoughts, and it seemed like Xiaojun knew what he was thinking. If he's in Hendery's shoes, he will do the same thing so he understands why he's like that.

The older approached Hendery and sat next to him on the couch, not taking his gaze away from the latter.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. It's just... you know? I can't believe that this is happening."

"You don't believe me?" Xiaojun asked.

"I do. I do believe you. I'm just thinking, what if tomorrow I'll wake up and you realize that you don't really like me?"

Xiaojun's brows were knitted after that. "What the heck are you saying? You literally know when I'm lying or not."

"I know. I just can't help it. It still feels surreal that you like me too." Hendery pursed his lips and looked back at the older.

"I don't like you. I love you. That's different. Why is it different? I'm done liking you for quite some time and I'm loving you now." Without stuttering, Xiaojun stated. He wasn't sure where his confidence came from, but he was glad he could say it.

Hearing that, Hendery's cheeks reddened. He's not used to seeing Xiaojun act so boldly because he's typically shy when it comes to his emotions.

This will be the death of him someday.

Xiaojun smirked when he noticed that the younger was blushing. That's why he moved a little closer to him.

"I won't take it back Guanheng. I thought I won't be able to say that to you and when you came back, I grabbed the opportunity and tell you everything." Xiaojun stated while looking at the younger directly in his eyes. "I promised to be more honest with my feelings from now on. I'm tired of denying it."

The younger bit his bottom lip to stop himself from smiling but he can't help it. It warmed his heart honestly and his doubt instantly disappeared when Xiaojun said those words.

Hendery pinched the older's cheeks. "Okay, do that from now on. You know that I'm always with you." Hendery said. "I didn't mean to doubt you. I can't just believe it."

"I understand. Do you want me to prove that I'm telling the truth?"

"It's fine. I believe in you now, for real." Hendery smiled and ruffled the older's hair.

"But I want to prove it." Xiaojun whispered.

"How?"

As if on cue, the entire place went silent when the older's lips brushed softly against the youngers. Their lips are touching each other but not moving and Hendery couldn't think clearly at this moment.

His mind went blank completely.

Xiaojun opened his eyes and moved away a little to see Hendery's face and he giggled. While the latter was just looking at him, amazed.

Both of them were quiet. Their hearts are mirroring each other's beat as their eyes are locked into each other. It feels new but there was no regret in Xiaojun's eyes. He's more like willing to do it again, anything to brushed Hendery's doubt away.

"You." Hendery breathed deeply.

"Hmm?"

"I didn't know that you were this bold Dejun-ah." Hendery breathed deeply again which made Xiaojun chuckled.

"I don't know but I feel like, I just have to do that."

"I'm still not convinced." Hendery approaches, but Xiaojun has already stood up. He's always wanted to kiss him, and now he has Xiaojun's consent.

"Shut up. I know you are."

"One more!" Hendery pulled Xiaojun again to his lap and smooch his lips once more.

•••

It's almost midnight and instead of sleeping early, the two males were chilling at the backyard of Xiaojun's house to stargaze.

Xiaojun's parents are still not home, so Hendery decided to accompany the older for the night.

They used to do this when they were in high school, and Xiaojun's backyard is the ideal place to stargaze, so they do it every night after their homework, and Xiaojun's mother would offer them a snack afterward.

They haven't done this in a long time. They yearned for the good old days.

But, at the very least, they are still together till this day.

They will talk about how their day went and what they did the whole day and some random things about their lives.

"Guanheng..." Xiaojun softly uttered his name.

"Hmm?" Hendery replied, his gaze fixed on the stars.

"What exactly are we?"

After that, Hendery returned his eyes to Xiaojun and smiled reassuringly. "What do you want us to be?"

"Don't answer me with another question." Xiaojun pouted.

"But your opinion matters for me."

"Your opinion is important too." Xiaojun said then he faced the younger one completely. "Do you want a boyfriend?"

"Do you want me to be your boyfriend?"

"For 's sake, don't ask me another question. Just answer me. Who else do I want to be my boyfriend?" Xiao

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter