Chapter 14

Let Me Love You | XiaoDery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The classes just ended so Hendery and Xiaojun decided to eat spicy rice cake outside the university. There's plenty of restaurants there that sell them as a stress reliever, they eat spicy rice cakes or anything they want to eat until they're satisfied.

Although Hendery cannot eat spicy meals, he still want to go since Xiaojun and he like eating them together. He's fascinated about every meal his best friend eats since he makes him want to try them when Xiaojun eats.

"Ahh this is great." Xiaojun said.

"Right. Best feeling after the long quiz with 100 items." Hendery agrees. "Ohh spicy. I'm getting used to it now."

"Really? Are you acting?" Xiaojun but Hendery shook, his cheeks were reddening, it must be the spiciness effect on him since Xiaojun believes that he still can't eat them. "Do you want the sweet flavor one?" The older asked but Hendery shook again.

"I'm fine Dejun-ah."

"Just say it, I'll treat you."

For a brief moment, Hendery locked his gaze on his best friend. He only wanted to admire him, even if it was for a few while, but he shouldn't be caught. It's the only thing he can think of to make Xiaojun feel more comfortable.

"Forget it. You are the one who needs to eat more."

"Let's play a game when we get back. That one that you've been playing with Yangyang recently."

Hendery smirked and shook his head. He couldn't hang out with Xiaojun as much since they were busy as college students, but when he had free time, he'd go to him, but Yangyang was constantly coming with him to visit Renjun. So, as the two were working on their compositions, Yangyang and Hendery will play a game together, later then, Renjun and Xiaojun will join and watch them. Yangyang and Renjun, on the other hand, were cuddling on the couch. As a result, Hendery was envious. Of course, he wants a boyfriend as well. But the one he wants isn't feeling the same way.

It's always the same scenario. He wonders how Xiaojun feels after seeing them?

"Aren't you done with your assignment?"

"I'm done already and I also want you to listen to it, then we'll play games." Xiaojun said while smiling. He's hopeful, Xiaojun barely sees his best friend these days because of their responsibilities as students and he couldn't hang out that much either. "Come on, we barely see each other."

Hendery blinks. Is Xiaojun being clingy right now? It's true that he always follows Hendery around but he's not this clingy?

"Even though you're just living next door, I couldn't see you. You're always in the library with Mark and Sungchan and it's already late when you arrive."

"Oh, how did you know?" The younger asked him confusedly.

"I always heard your grumbles. I just know." Xiaojun whispered and made Hendery chuckle.

"Aw, so cute. Do you miss me?" Hendery while poking the older's shoulder.

"Shut up." Xiaojun but he's trying not to giggle.

"Hey, you two are here." Suddenly, Sungchan, Jeno and Mark appeared out of nowhere and they sat beside them. Jeno was smiling as usual before greeting the two males.

"Hey fools." Hendery greeted him.

"Ayo stupid!" Sungchan greeted him back and tapped his shoulder. "Don't forget your date tomorrow. No cancelations allowed." He added and drank Hendery's sprite beside the spicy rice cakes.

Hendery grumbles as Sungchan reminds him about his blind date again. He wants to forget about it but can't since they keep reminding him. He's had enough of it.

Mark can tell from Hendery's reactions that he's frustrated once again. He doesn't like it, but they want Hendery to give it a shot first. It's not a bad idea to give it a shot first.

"Shut up. I know!"

"Okie dokey yo! If it didn't work, don't meet him anymore then. Simple as that, but be polite. I know you are a gentleman so you know what to do. Just try it, we are all stressed in our studies and we need at least some love that we deserve after the stressful day. Right?" Sungchan then looked at Xiaojun, who appeared to be thinking deeply when he heard it. He's not saying it on purpose now, it's just to remind Hendery because he always forgets that he has to meet someone soon whenever he's with Xiaojun.

"That's right!" Jeno agreed. "Ahh, I miss Jaemin again. I hope he's eating well."

"Why didn't you invite him here?" Xiaojun asked Jeno.

"He's still studying. You know, he really studies hard these days and he wants to learn things in advance. As a future surgeon, I know he will do great." Jeno smiles but he sighs eventually. "But, I'm really worried. Should I just go and buy him food?"

"Being a medical student is hard. I hope Jaemin is doing well." Hendery said.

"You should go. Boyfriend duties." Mark then chuckled so Jeno stood up from his seat and he's ready to go. He's so supportive to Jaemin, ever since they were little Jaemin always said that he wants to be a surgeon someday and he's studying hard right now. Luckily, Jeno and Jaemin are roommates so Jeno can take care of him while Jaemin is studying and he understands that most of Jaemin's time was spent on studying. He doesn't mind, they were working hard to achieve their dreams together.

When Jeno left, Xiaojun dropped his gaze to Hendery.

"Jaemin is so lucky to have Jeno with him. He's so supportive." Sungchan said as soon as Jeno left.

"He said Jaemin has been telling him that he wants to be a surgeon ever since they were little so he doesn't mind if most of Jaemin's time is not on him. I bet Jaemin never forgot to give Jeno some attention too. That guy is freaking romantic." Mark chuckled.

"My Romantic Doctor Na, sounds like a drama." Xiaojun mumbles but the boys heard that so they laughed. Well, they think it's funny and Xiaojun giggled too because of their reactions. He's not expecting that.

"Witty." Sungchan then pointed to the older.

"I hope their relationship will work until the end." Xiaojun said and he started digging his food again.

"Yeah, I hope so too. They've been together for so long." Mark said.

Xiaojun remembered Jeno and Jaemin being best friends since they were children, exactly like him and Hendery, but they ended up together and are both fulfilling their dreams.

For some reasons, thinking about Hendery's blind date tomorrow i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter