Chapter 16

Let Me Love You | XiaoDery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're in love with him all this time." Renjun commented as he glanced at the older, who was clearly missing his best friend. They're now watching Guanyeu and Hendery talk outside the dorm, and they can easily see them. They had just arrived from who knows where, and Guanyeu had driven Hendery here.

"I'm so complicated, right? I hurt him and made him believe that I don't feel the same." Xiaojun said, still eyes on the males outside and admiring Hendery's smile at the same time. "I can just tell him that I love him too and we can be happy."

"I understand that you're scared. I know that you just want to protect your friendship so it will last." Renjun said while caressing Xiaojun's back.

"I said I don't care if he'll date someone else, but I didn't know that it would hurt me so much like this." The older murmurs.

Renjun gave a nod. He felt sorry for Xiaojun since he had only recently realized everything, and Hendery seemed to be moving on from his one-sided love for his best friend, which turned out not to be one-sided after all. Hendery seems happy, which he is, but Xiaojun is in pain right now. Renjun understands both of them, and for the time being, he can only pray for the best for these two, who deserve to be happy.

"I see I'm already late." Xiaojun bit his lower lip as he watched the two outside.

"Tell him how much you love him. You might end up regretting not telling him that you feel the same way, and I don't want to see you like that. It's hard." Renjun stated this while looking Xiaojun in the eyes to encourage him. Renjun does not want to see Xiaojun regret his life decision to let Hendery leave and be happy with Guanyeu. They knew each other well, but they couldn't talk properly these days due to Hendery's daily appointment with Guanyeu he's not blaming anyone. It's not right to always assume based on what you see, it's better to communicate to avoid the misunderstanding and just decide.

"But I don't want to take away what's making him happy right now."

"Ge!" Renjun cupped Xiaojun's face and looked him in the eyes. "You are one of the reasons why he's happy. Do you get me?"

Xiaojun can only give Renjun a weak smile.

---

"Are you busy?" Xiaojun peeked at Hendery's door.

It's the weekend. Sunday and Saturday are most likely the only days that Hendery and Xiaojun can spend time together after a stressful week of academics because it is their only spare time. They have the entire day, unless they have a lot of things to do.

If they keep seeing each other, Hendery might consider dating him for real at this point. As the day went by, Guanyeu grew more confident and determined to be with Hendery. He's doing everything he can to win his heart.

"Not really." Hendery glances at him and gives him a sign to come in.

They were in Hendery's house, specifically in his room. Because Xiaojun was already used to coming here, Hendery's family just allowed him in.

"Why? Do you want to play games?" Hendery grinned and pulled him into a chair near him on his bed.

"No. I just want to see you." Xiaojun replied quietly and looked at the younger one directly in his eyes.

He's had enough of hiding and denying his feelings for him. Seeing Hendery with that model guy is bothering Xiaojun and he couldn't focus as much as he wanted to and he couldn't sleep properly. He continues overthinking, and the thought of Hendery developing feelings for Guanyeu is scarier than taking the risk.

Hendery has already taken the risk. Maybe it's time for Xiaojun to do the same.

Hendery halted the moment that their eyes locked to each other. He's trying to read Xiaojun because this is the first time that he saw this side of him. He knew that the older one missed him but not this much. There's a longing in his eyes and all Hendery could think is to give him a hug. Hendery also tried to make some time for Xiaojun so that he won't be lonely, but it seems not enough for the older.

"Okay. Then, stay here with me as long as you want." Hendery spoke up and began Xiaojun's cheeks. As a result, the latter drew his face even closer to Hendery's hand in order to feel his warmth.

Hendery's heart melted when he saw Xiaojun, so he drew him closer and held him. Xiaojun buried his face even more into Hendery, refusing to let go.

"Why are you suddenly being like this?" Hendery asked, but Xiaojun did not respond. Instead, he tightened his grasp on the younger's waist.

Hendery is confused, but he allows the older one to hold him while his hair. He doesn't mind, although he rarely sees Xiaojun being attached to him. He also noticed that they aren't seeing each other as frequently as they used to.

"What do you want to do?"

"Anything."

"Anything?" His brows puckered. "Like what exactly? I can't think of anything."

"Anything you love to do. I'll do it with you whatever it is. I just want to be with you." Xiaojun murmured lazily, his eyes closed, his face buried on the younger's neck. He feels at ease.

Even though Hendery was still confused, he simply nodded.

Xiaojun was contemplating whether to ask Hendery about him and Guanyeu. He really needs to know, and the only one who can provide him with the perfect answer is Hendery.

It's either now or never.

"Guanheng, can I ask you something?"

"You're literally asking me right now." Hendery clicked his tongue and smirked when Xiaojun pushed him and pouted.

"I'm being serious here." Xiaojun whined so the younger chuckled and pulled him again for a hug.

"I know. So, what is it?"

The older sigh before speaking. "What's your status now, with G-Guanyeu." Xiaojun then gasped as he awaited the younger's answer.

Hendery hummed and appeared to think deeply. "We're friends." He spoke.

"Just friends? You're not dating?"

"Yeah, we're friends." Hendery squeezed Xiaojun's cheek.

"Then, what do you think of him?" Xiaojun then clutched his own sweatshirt tighter. He's curious, but it's also making him nervous.

"He's cute. Why are you asking?"

"I want to know."

The younger nodded. "Okay?"

"Do you like him?" He asked suddenly so he met the younger's gaze. It seems like he's not anticipating that question, so he cleared his throat before speaking, making Xiaojun quite nervous. He wants to hear the answer but at the same time, he doesn't want to know. It's complicated. He knows he's complicated and the only person who can understand and willing to understand him until the end is Hendery.

Hendery was about to speak when his phone rang on the side table. Both males focused their attention on the phone, which displayed Guanyeu's name.

Xiaojun turned his gaze on his best friend whose eyes are still on his phone, sighing before snatching it. He gradually let go of the older hold and smiled at him.

"I'll just answer this." Hendery said, pertaining to Guanyeu's call.

The older nodded, saddeningly watching the younger, before exiting the room to take a phone call. He wants privacy.

Xiaojun inhaled sharply after that. Hendery used to answer Guanyeu's call even though Xiaojun was beside him, and now he left the room just to answer the call which is not wrong of course. Xiaojun just finds it strange, maybe it's just him. What are they talking about though? Is it about their relationship? Is it progressing?

Thinking about it made Xiaojun's chest tightened. If that was about to happen, he didn't know how he would face Hendery again without feeling hurt and Xiaojun didn't want to think about it.

He's late already, he can feel it because Hendery is slowly drifting away.

He said that they're just friends and Xiaojun wants to believe it but he can't. Maybe, Hendery just said that they were friends because he's still trying to get to know Guanyeu better. In that way, Hendery might end up falling for Guanyeu. He can already picture in his head what are the things that Guanyeu and Hendery will do if they end up together, leaving Xiaojun alone with his feelings.

Xiaojun stopped overthinking when the door opened and met Hendery's eyes.

"What is it?"

"Uhm, he'd want us to meet." Hendery ruffled his hair.

"You said you are free today." Xiaojun pouted, and pain crept up his chest, feeling as if it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter