Chap 8

His Unwilling Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining, it suited his mood so well. What a long day, he wished it would just end. He wanted to crawl into bed and watch movies and feel sorry for himself.

“President?”

She was leaving in three months and she needed the papers signed by next month so she could start making other plans.

You’re not this cold Areum. I know you’re not this cruel. You need to give us time to adjust. What about harabeoji? He’ll be in shock.

“President?” Secretary Park waved his hand in front of Jungkook’s face.

Jungkook came back to the present.

“You’re done for the day.” Secretary Park informed him, “Your mother called to make sure you won’t be late for dinner.”

“Where’s Areum right now?” Jungkook asked.

Secretary Park checked on his phone, “Areum, I mean…The President’s wife is with her father.”

“Good.” Jungkook leaned back, “What time is dinner?”

“At eight. If you leave now, you will be on time to rest and freshen up.”

Jungkook stood, “I’m…” he clutched the desk.

“President?!” Secretary Park was alarmed.

Jungkook held up a hand, “I’m fine. I didn’t eat today. I’m looking forward to dinner.” He grabbed his coat, “I’ll drive myself.”

Secretary Park was concerned. He didn’t want the President to drive when he seemed so out of sorts. Just in case, he asked a driver to follow. He messaged Areum as well. He’d never seen Jungkook have such a bad day. He’d been all over the place. Secretary Park was actually relieved that the day was over.

Jungkook hopped out of the car and glared across the street in the general direction of Areum’s home. What were they talking about? Probably laughing about how they’d duped him into giving them lucrative contracts all these years.

“And all I had to do was put up with the guy for five years.”
“Well three” Hye-ryeong cackled, “At least he’s young.”
“Urgh, I hate to talk about this sort of stuff, but he was really bad in the bedroom. I lied this entire time. But, the settlement money was worth it.”

Jungkook kicked the front wheel. . His watch told him that he still had time. He silently crossed the street and crept around the side of the house. Was this the dining room?

“What are you doing?” Areum tapped his shoulder. He spun around, clutching his chest. “…” he whispered furiously. Areum laughed affectionately at him.

“Secretary Park said you were acting strange. I was waiting outside for you. I saw you kicking the car and running across here.”

Jungkook glared at her, “I’m a joke huh?”

“A joke?” she shook her head, “You’re just funny sometimes.” She stepped closer. He stepped back, “hold still.”

“Don’t touch me, you crazy witch.” He swatted her hand away.

“Now I’m a crazy witch?” she raised annoyed brows, “Stop moving. I just want to check your temperature.” She pushed him against the wall. He held his breath. Her hand felt cool against his hot forehead, “You’re burning up.”

“I’m fine.” He pushed her hand off, “I have dinner with Eun-ji and the family.” Eun-ji, at least she never left me. Not like you. He continued to glare at her.

Areum nodded, “Don’t keep the girl waiting.” She no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter