Chap 9

His Unwilling Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you having a child?”

“Wait…” Areum scrambled off the couch, “It’s…not that…Jungkook do something!”

Jungkook collapsed back against the soft couch and closed his eyes. He could hear Areum trying to calm an excited Omma, Harabeoji and his aunt and uncle down. He’d deal with it in the morning.

He opened his eyes to the brightness of their bedroom. Beside him, the bed was empty and unused. “Areum.” He sat bolt upright and clutched his head. He felt dizzy.

Areum got up from the chair by the window and set her coffee cup on the side table. She sat on the edge of the bed and felt his head. “Your fever is gone. But you’re not going to work.” She shot him a warning look when he looked ready to protest, “I already informed Secretary Park, he will be here later to check in on you.”

He didn’t argue that and closed his eyes and enjoyed how warm he felt. He wanted to sleep and sleep. Areum stood. He caught her hand, “Aren’t you staying?”

“We both don’t get to stay at home.”

“But I’m your boss.”
“Then fire me.” Areum challenged.

“That’s what you want me to do!” and she laughed like the little witch she was. But she returned and insisted he bath and have a change of clothes. When he came out, she served him porridge and watched him take his meds. “You just need some bedrest.” She assured him.

“Good morning.” His mother was the first to visit. “How is the patient? You are so funny my son. Getting more excited about having a child. It’s not that bad. The woman has to go through all the bad stuff.” She patted Areum’s hand, “now that you’ve decided to have a child, you’ll need to visit the family doctor. I’ll make an appointment. Your mother must come too!”

Alone again, Areum folded her arms and glared at him. “Does any of this seem familiar to you?”  

Jungkook avoided making eye contact and clutched his head. “I’m not feeling too well. Don’t speak right now.”  

Next his grandfather popped in with some fresh herbs, “I grew these myself. Just picked them from the garden. I’m going to have the chef make you a fresh herbs broth.” His eyes shone brightly, “I never thought I’d be blessed to see a great-grandchild.”

Areum sighed.

“You can shout if you want.” He ducked his head under the blanket to hide his wide smile. He couldn’t control it and he’d get hit if Areum saw.

“Oh, I will. I’m going to get you good Jeon Jungkook. But not today. I want you at your full strength.” She yanked the blanket down. “I’m going to work now.” she shook her head, “when you have some strength, you should check up on Eun-ji. I think she was shocked to see you like that.”

“I got it.” He turned over and pressed his face into the pillow.

Areum hesitated, “Jungkook do you know why I signed that contract so easily? Even with the clause about not getting pregnant?” he looked back at her, “Because I don’t want to have children. Why would I? Having a child to fix a bad situation is the worst thing we could do. I won’t be like my parents.”

“Areum…” he wanted to comfort he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter