Chap 6

His Unwilling Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They didn’t talk about the divorce for a couple of days, but he knew it would come up again. Things had reached a boiling point with Eun-ji back in the picture. He’d done everything he could think of to stop her from confronting Areum, but that would be impossible because on that particular morning his mother and aunt announced…

“And we’ve invited the Suns for dinner. Eun-ji is back. I ran into her mother at the fundraising committee meeting.” Shin Ye-jun told her son.

“Excellent idea.” Won-shik nodded his agreement.

“Ooh,” Areum caught up with Jungkook outside the dining room, “what are you going to do?” she goaded him, “Your current and future wife in the same room!” she slapped his cheeks. He slapped hers back, “Jungkook, do you have it in you to juggle two women?”  

“It will be fine.”

“How will it be fine?”

“You can work late on that day.” He put the work in air quotes.

“Should I?” she tapped her chin, “I guess that would make the world’s greatest wife huh?” she linked her arm through his, “But…wouldn’t people just assume I’m being petty?”

“But you are petty.” Areum let go of his arm and stalked ahead but he pulled on her long hair, “It will make things easier on me.”

Areum sighed, “Of course. I am here to make things easy for you. That’s why we married in the first place so you could be named heir.”

“But aren’t you lucky that I’m such a nice guy? Imagine if I was like that character in poor girl rich guy?”

“Did you finish it already? I was looking for that book. You sneak!” she straightened his tie, “Araseo. I’ll work that day. I’ll go visit appa. Maybe we can go for dinner…” she trailed off frowning, “actually, today I have to finish the testing on the glass. You moved the deadline up so it doesn’t leave a lot of room…”

“I can visit your father,” Jungkook suggested.

“Jinja?”

“Really.” They walked outside to the waiting car, “It will be good for me to show face across the street. I am his son-in-law.” He slapped a hand over before she could come back with some annoying jibe like – not for long!

“Jungkook? Is that you?” his mother called from the formal lounge.

Jungkook went to say hello. He just got home; his plan was to change and immediately head over to see Areum’s father, “Hey omma.” He greeted informally but then realised she had company. Eun-ji and her mother were having tea with his mother and aunt.

“Oh, this is a surprise.” He recovered quickly and went over to greet them formally.

Eun-ji smiled at him, “I was beginning to wonder where oppa was hiding. You’re so busy!” she joked with the elders.

Shin Ye-jin came to the defence of her son, “Ah, Eun-jiyah things are a little different now. Our Jungkook is the President of Taeyang Group. He has so many new responsibilities. Sometimes he doesn’t get home till after midnight.”

Jungkook sat in-between his aunt and mother. Yes, let them protect him for now. He’d take it. He needed a little help what with both Areum and Eun-ji pressuring him to finalise the divorce.

The truth was – the truth was…he had no intention of rushing into another marriage after Areum. The contract even stipulated that none of them should marry within the first year of being divorced. He just needed to tell Eun-ji about it.

“We were just discussing the dinner tomorrow night.”

“Ah, before I forget. Areum is working late.” Jungkook might as well tell them now.

“Oh?” Sun Si-eun raised clearly surprised eyes, “Too bad. I think Eun-ji was looking forward to meeting your wife after such a long time. Every time she came home for the holidays, Areum ssi was never around too.”

Jungkook gently pinched his mother’s arm, “Ah well, Areumah runs the lab at Taeyang. My daughter-in-law is one of the top scientists in the country.”

Way to go omma! Jungkook secretly cheered on his mother.

“That’s right. I’m afraid I’m to blame.” Jungkook admitted, “I pushed up the deadline on a project.” He stood and glanced at his watch to make the point, “I’m afraid I’ll leave you now. I’m visiting my father-in-law.”

“Stop by the kitchen. I had the chef prepare a basket of yams and sweet potato. There’s also a restorative pack. Tell Dong-hyun ssi to take before breakfast.” His mother advised.

“I will.” Jungkook said his goodbyes and left.

“Oppa wait!” Eun-ji caught his arm. She looked flustered and put out, “What’s going on? I messaged you about coming over today and you didn’t even reply!”

Jungkook felt bad. Just because he didn’t know what to do about his situation, didn’t give him the right to treat one of his oldest friends like this. “I’m sorry. Today was busy. Eun-ji…” he guided her outside, where they could talk in private, “Listen, things are not as easy as you’d like them to be. I’ve been involved with Areum for five years. We have a very complicated contract to work through.”

Eun-ji glared at her feet, “It’s just…I thought every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter