Chap 18

His Unwilling Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum thought he’d take her to some romantic destination and try to persuade her with hot and good food, but… “What the hell?” Areum checked her phone for a signal. “Hey…where the hell are we and why is there no signal.”

Jungkook checked his phone, “No signal? I’ll ask management to look into it.” He chuckled as Secretary Park handed over the bags from the small plane that bobbed unsteadily on the water.

Areum stared at him, “You think you’re funny. We’re the only two people on this island.”

“I thought you liked islands.” Jungkook pointed to the path, “Shall we?”

“But…” Areum had just realised that she’d agreed to be alone with this guy and he could be her attacker or the mastermind behind her attack, “Secretary Park, hold up. I change my mind.”

“No takesies Backsies.” Secretary Park wagged a finger in front of her face, “relax agassi and enjoy paradise.”

“How is it paradise when there is no signal here?”

“I thought you don’t use phones on the island?” Secretary Park teased.

“Maybe you should stay, and I get on the plane.” Was there nothing these two didn’t tell one another?

Secretary Park grinned and waved, “I’ll be back in a week.” He bowed at Jungkook and disappeared up the stairs and into the plane.

Areum watched the plane circle and glide across the water toward the horizon, before it took off and headed back in the direction of Seoul. Come back!

“Come on” Jungkook said from behind her. Areum felt for the gloves, she was not alone in this. She’d be able to properly bury him if he tried anything…but he also had gloves. Would he have packed them too? She’d have to check and steal them.

They carried their luggage up the path, which was incredibly difficult, especially because she’d brought a hard case bag and it kept knocking against her ankle, but she refused his help. When they eventually reached the beach villa, she was drenched in sweat. “Is this how you pictured our first night?” she gestured to her wet shirt, “I’m not exactly the most attractive woman on the planet right now.” 

“But, you are on this island.” 

“Oh you’re so funny Jeon Jungkook.” she rolled her eyes, “Was your humour always this lame?” 

“Normally that was your department.” he quipped. 

“And it so suits you that I just have to take your word for it.” 

“But Areum…” he grabbed her hand. She pulled it back because of the sweat, “I don’t care about your sweaty hands. Mine are sweaty too. I’ve seen you worse.” But she noticed that he didn’t try to take her hand again. 

“What were you going to ask?” She tried to take up the conversation again. 

“I’ll tell you later. I’m going to take a shower and get out of these dirty clothes. Why don’t you unpack your stuff and take a look around?”

Left alone, she was struck by how peaceful it was out here. She didn’t hate it, she couldn’t because it was an island after all. There was the blue sky, the lush vegetation, the sound of the ocean - their days would be filled with lounging on the beach and swimming and...would he also try and have again? Would she resist? 

She remembered checking for the gloves and while he was occupied in the bathroom she carefully went through his luggage. Nothing? Where would he have kept them? She blew out an exasperated breath.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter