Chap 11

His Unwilling Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum rolled off and was on her feet, “Do I know you?”

Jungkook swept a hand over his face and tried to focus. He had a pounding in the back of his head.  “Stay still…” he pointed a finger. He tried to stand but fell back down. His knees were like jelly.

“You know me?” Areum hesitated…

Jungkook stilled, he looked up at her, a pained expression crossed his face. Areum didn’t know why, but the raw hurt made her chest tight.

“If you know me, then – then…” she backed away.

“Please…” Jungkook begged and she stopped again, “I’m not going to hurt you…I would never…” he managed to kneel before pushing himself up. He bent over, coughing. Areum stepped forward to thump his back and then stopped herself. Why had she wanted to do that? This was a stranger - an unknown man, he may very well be the man who attacked her last year.

“If you’re feeling better then I’m glad…” she needed to make a slow escape.

Jungkook’s eyes dropped to her hands, “You have the gloves. I’m glad. They probably kept you alive all this time but don’t wear them for too long or they’ll drain your energy.”

Areum quickly slipped off the gloves. She turned her back to him and stuffed them into the front pocket of her jeans. How did he know about the gloves? “These old things? They’re just diving gloves.”

“Alright crazy, if you say so.” The words just slipped out.

“What did you say?” Areum spun back to face him, confused and suspicious, “who are you?”

His worst fear was confirmed. She didn’t remember him; she didn’t even remember who she was. He had lost her after all, “My name is Jeon Jungkook, and you are Lee Areum – my wife.”

Mika and Seuli stared at the man warming his hands in front of the heater, “thank you for the shower…” Jungkook turned and found three sets of eyes staring at him.

He smiled.

Mika smiled back

Seuli rolled her eyes, “Hey…” she snapped her fingers. Jungkook looked her way, she swallowed, he was intimidating as hell, “Now that you’ve had a change of clothes, warmed your body and eaten our food, I think it’s time for us to call it a night. We hope you won’t think too harshly on our beloved Udo and come back again for a visit.” She gestured to the front door, “I’ll walk you out.”

Jungkook didn’t budge, “I don’t mean you any harm.” He held up both hands, “I just want to understand…” he looked at Areum, she managed to hold his gaze for a moment but then looked at her hands resting on her lap. “You…” he said, and the feeling in his voice brought her eyes up to meet his again, “Are my wife.” He thumpe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter