2.13: Honey, she shrunk the kids!

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Joohyun checked all her bags for the fourth time before turning to an awkwardly smiling Yerim. “Okay, I wrote down all their watering schedules in that little notebook, so make sure to follow it exactly. Any deviations and they might wither, because some of them are pretty sensitive.” She patted her pockets, making sure her keys were with her. “Okay, I’ll be headed out then.”

            Yerim snorted just as Seulgi burst out of the restroom, screaming for Joohyun to wait. “You packed everything but your wife; way to go.”

            The couple was going on a couple’s outing with Sungjae and Joy over the weekend, so Joohyun had enlisted the help of her cousin to keep her children alive. To be quite honest, she was mostly worried that Yerim would commit cold-blooded murder of her beautiful babies, but the younger girl was getting paid good money for the task: Joohyun wanted to be optimistic.

            “Hyunnie, stop staring at David like he’s your lover; they’re gonna be here in a few minutes.”

            Joohyun crinkled her nose at Seulgi’s weird ual description of her gaze towards her child. “Excuse you, David is my son. Your married-to-me should know that he’s not my lover.”

            “I don’t know, when’s the last time you looked at me with heart eyes?” Seulgi challenged.

            “You rotting banana peel, you speak as if you look at me with heart eyes!”

            “I always look at you with heart eyes; you’re just too busy looking elsewhere—ehem, David—to know that!”

            “You’re the one who bought me—”

            “Oooookay,” Yerim interrupted, smiling in a way that clearly indicated to both girls that she was on the verge of shoving them out the window to the awaiting couple outside. “If you two don’t go now, the paparazzi will catch up to the two hottest celebrities in all of South Korea who are waiting for your ungrateful asses right now.”

            With that, she shoved both of them out the door. Blinking in surprise, Joohyun sighed before starting to head down when Seulgi stopped her.

            “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

            Joohyun peered mockingly at her wife. “I’ve packed you and your smooth brain. I think we’re good to go.”

            “No…” Seulgi shook her head exasperatedly. “Yerim forgot to kick our luggage out with us.”

-------

            Seulgi, despite not being the one related to Kim Yerim, knew that look on her face from far, far away, even if Joohyun seemed to be completely oblivious to it at the moment in her haste to check on her children after they returned from their trip. Yerim must’ve known Seulgi caught on, because her lips were pressed together to the point of paleness and she smiled weakly at her cousin-in-law with desperation in her eyes. Seulgi nodded in solidarity, knowing that if the truth came out, they’d have to deal with hell itself.

            “Seulgi, can you get me the fertilizer from the storage room? I think Miriam is looking a little withered.”

            Seulgi cleared . “Yeah, one sec!” She turned to Yerim, who stared back with dead eyes. “Okay, what is it?”

            “I wouldn’t dare tell you without insurance.”

            “Your insurance is that I hate those plants as much as you do.”

            “Excuse you,” Yerim said, scoffing, “I don’t hate them.”

            “Oh sorry, I forgot you only dislike them just enough to–”

            “I’m gonna stop you right there.” Yerim glanced around but eventually met Seulgi’s eyes again when she heard that Joohyun was still murmuring random things to her plant babies. “Get her the fertilizer and meet me downstairs.”

            Seulgi nodded, realizing that it was probably more serious than what she was expecting, and went to complete Joohyun’s errand for her. Joohyun was diligently checking the petals and leaves of each and every plant, and Seulgi’s breath hitched when Joohyun lingered a bit during David’s inspection.

            Oh . Seulgi was going to OBLITERATE Kim Yerim, cousin-in-law or not.

            “Hey, Seul,” Joohyun called out. Seulgi squeaked, earning a weird look from her wife. “What was that?”

            “Nothing, I think a mosquito went up my pants.”

Please log in to read the full chapter