2.1: Bucket List Item #1: Get into a serious relationship! (with someone else)

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Joohyun, are you almost done yet?” Seulgi checked the time on the giant clock on the wall of their house as she waited for the older girl to finish changing. “I picked out your clothes for you; I don’t see what reason you have for spending forty minutes in there unless you’re cheating on me with someone through text.”

            Joohyun burst out of her (now shared) bedroom door. “Hey! What do you take me for?”

            “A midget,” Seulgi said without hesitation.

            “Seems like someone doesn’t want to get laid today.”

            Seulgi feigned surprise. “What did I say? I’m pretty sure I called you a miniature Barbie doll but on a budget.”

            “I’m not deaf, and I’m certainly not stupid.” Joohyun narrowed her eyes at the younger girl, who was giving a smile that was too wide for her liking. “I was just texting Jennie.”

            Seulgi scrunched her nose and crossed her arms stubbornly. “Oh yes, the girl who you turned down despite me pointing out that she’s totally your type.” She blew the fringe out of her eyes. “Totally ruined the first item of our bucket list, you midget.”

            “You have a death wish, don’t you.”

            Seulgi stuck her tongue out and made a weird face, imitating Joohyun’s voice mockingly. “No. Don’t be an idiot, you dense pickle. I’m always going to be by your side whether you like it or not.” She made a farting sound with . “You gonna follow me to the depths of hell then?”

            “Don’t forget the part where we’re still only engaged, so I can always break it off.”

            “I’d like to see you try it,” Seulgi shot back. She glanced at Joohyun, noticing that she was in her outfit for the day. “But seriously, if you did date her, then we wouldn’t be stuck with two of our items uncrossed.”

            Joohyun scoffed. “There’s two things wrong with your logic there.” She held up a finger. “One, who the hell would date your greasy, weird other than me, and two.” She held up another finger. “We’re,” she pointed between the two of them “in a serious relationship, so that crosses item one off the list.” The smaller girl leaned against the doorframe. “Unless you are under the impression that I’m a fling.”

            “Okay, but I’m lowkey considering it until we get one and six crossed off.”

            Joohyun straightened up and walked towards the kitchen, where their twenty-item bucket list was put up on the fridge door with a smiley face magnet. She leaned close to read the relevant items. “Okay, so number one says, ‘Get into a serious relationship, exclamation point, open parentheses with someone else close parentheses,’ and number six says ‘go on a double date.’” Joohyun glanced at Seulgi. “So, you are in a serious relationship with me, aka someone else, since I’m not you, and we can go on a double date with Jennie and Lisa or Yeri and her boy of the week. Pick your poison.”

            Seulgi scowled. “But it’s not the same! I meant other people than us.”

            “We’re engaged, Seulgi. We can’t break our engagement just because you wanted to complete a bucket list item.” Joohyun walked towards the taller girl and patted her cheek affectionately. “Should’ve thought

Please log in to read the full chapter