2.5: Okay, I didn’t realize she was so hot

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Seul, are you meeting with a client today?”

            Seulgi nodded without looking up from her phone, focused on getting the flapping bird through the open pipes. “Another celebrity client. You know Jung Yerin?”

            “Yeah, the one who came out in Joy’s debut film as her competitor.” Joohyun crossed her arms and pursed her lips, watching Seulgi play her game. “Can you at least look at me when we’re talking?”

            “Uh, just a moment.”

            The older girl sighed and stormed over to Seulgi on the sofa, leaning her face into the younger girl’s view. Seulgi swore as she crashed into a pipe and glared at Joohyun.

            Joohyun gave her an innocent look as she pulled back. “What? You said that if I become your mother, girlfriend, or wife, you’d listen to me when I told you to stop playing games.”

            “Well…” Seulgi drawled, thinking of a comeback. She smirked. “You’re my fiancée, not my girlfriend, wife, or mother.”

            Said fiancée scowled, shoving at Seulgi. “I’ve got half a mind to get your mother to live with us so you eat your words.”

            “It’d be your loss.” Seulgi tossed her phone aside and pulled Joohyun onto her lap. “Okay, I’ve got my attention on you now. What’d you want to say?”

            Joohyun wrapped her arms around the younger girl’s neck. “Do you think we should send invitations to Sungjae too? He asked us to invite him when I saw him on set.” She really didn’t want to, but then again, maybe it would be nice to have a celebrity at their wedding.

            Seulgi hummed. “Maybe he can be a maid of honour.”

            “I got Yeri for that. He can be yours.”

            The younger girl made a disgusted face. “I’ll just stick with my brother’s wife.”

            “Or maybe we can have him be our wedding MC.” Seulgi hummed. “He loves attention and talking, so I’ll see if I can ask him before we wrap up filming. He probably won’t mind that we barely know him.”

            “Good idea. Is he still with his friends?” Seulgi looked at Joohyun. “I could’ve sworn Joy had the hots for Wendy.”

            “Surprisingly, Joy’s dating Sungjae.”

            “Really?” Seulgi genuinely seemed surprised. “I mean,” she explained, “they did seem super compatible, but I’ve seen Joy sneak a few glances at Wendy.”

            “Huh, that’s weird. Because I could’ve sworn she did the same with Sungjae when we saw them together at the cafe that one time. I thought they were already dating at that point because he mentioned the double-dates, but I only found out about them because of all the news articles.”

            “Are you sure those aren’t just some stupid rumours? Like, did they officially release statements?”

            Joohyun got off of Seulgi’s lap and pulled out her phone, tapping away to see if they did. “Doesn’t seem like they did yet.” She put her phone away and shrugged. “But I do know the three of them still hang out.”

            “I see.” Seulgi slung an arm across Joohyun’s shoulders. “They seem like a fun bunch.”

            “Are you saying I’m not fun?”

            Seulgi raised an eyebrow challengingly. “I mean, you’re always talking to your damn plants or writing.”

            “Don’t insult my children. And you’re about as entertaining as a slug on meth, so you’re one to talk.”

            “Have you seen a slug on meth?”

            “No.”

            “Hmmm.”

            Joohyun pouted. “Whatever. You’re a boring friend.”

            “And so are you. But you’re my boring friend, and you’re extremely easy on the eyes, so I guess I’ll let it slide this time.”

            “I’m gonna puke.”

            “Go ahead. I need to head out now, so make sure to clean it up before I get back.” Seulgi got up and walked to the foyer. “I’ll let you know how gorgeous she is in person.”

            “If you’re still jealous about me getting to meet Seo Jihye, you—” Seulgi slammed the door, leaving Joohyun gaping. “So ing rude,” Joohyun muttered, getting up to check out the balcony. “David would never do that to me.”

-------

  

Please log in to read the full chapter