2.8: It can't be an important promise if you don't remember breaking it

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Joohyun smiled one last time at David before getting up, stretching out her legs, and heading to the living room. She looked around the now fully-decorated room before calling out to her wife.

            “Seulgi?”

            “I’m taking a .”

            Joohyun felt an odd sense of deja-vu as she plodded to the closed bathroom door and sat down in front of it. “I’m in front of the door. Don’t kill me on the way out.”

            “Um. Why are you in front of the door again?” Seulgi pursed her lips. “The last time we did this, you asked me some vague questions and we had a huge fight a few days later.”

            “Well, now we’re married, so it’s a different story.”

            “You act like divorce isn’t a thing.”

            “Like you could ever divorce me.” Joohyun grimaced. “You probably couldn’t survive a day without me by your side.”

            “You overestimate your importance, woman.”

            “Well, I love David more than you too, so I guess we’re equal then.”

            The toilet flushed and Joohyun heard Seulgi sliding down the door to sit on the other side. “I’m actually offended that you like those damn weeds more than me, your wife.”

            “Know your place.”

            “By your side?”

            Joohyun bit her lip. Okay, she wasn’t expecting the cute response. “Damn you, Kang Seulgi.”

            “Hey, be nice. I promised to make dinner tonight, remember? You wouldn’t want your taste buds to oh-so-conveniently die today.”

            “They’re already dead from the last time you tried to make a BLT. I still don’t understand how you can so badly mess up a sandwich.”

            Seulgi laughed. “I love you, Joohyun.”

            Joohyun cringed, although she was smiling on the inside. “What’s up with you today?”

            “I don’t know. Maybe I’m just really grateful for you today.”

            The older girl narrowed her eyes before getting up and yanking the door open. She blinked at Seulgi sprawled on the floor and the smell. “Jesus, Seulgi. What’s up with your digestive system?”

            The younger girl groaned, rubbing her head and making her way to her feet. “A warning would have been nice.”

            “Do you only eat boiled eggs and cabbage or something?”

            “I eat what you make me.”

            “ off.”

            “If you insist.”

            Seulgi started to make her way past Joohyun to go to their bedroom when Joohyun grabbed her arm, spinning the younger wife around and pressing her to the wall. She peered at Seulgi, who had an eyebrow raised.

            “You did something behind my back, didn’t you.”

            Seulgi widened her eyes innocently. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

            “You’re sweet-talking me unusually a lot today.” Not that she didn’t like it, but Joohyun knew when Seulgi was trying to weasel her way out of something. “Did you buy another gaming console?”

            “No. You’d catch me right away.”

            Damn right. “Are you cheating on me?” Joohyun shook her head. “Take that back. No one would want to date a loser like you.”

            Seulgi placed a hand on her chest, offended. “Excuse you.”

            Joohyun huffed and headed to the kitchen, checking all the cabinets. Aha. She spun around and glared at her wife. “Where did they go?” she asked with a stern voice.

Please log in to read the full chapter