2.11: Hey, I think I might remember you!

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Joy, Sungjae, and Wendy hung out at least four times a week even amidst their busy schedules, and given their influential circles, they often found themselves partying with other celebrities or people with proximity to celebrities. Occasionally though, they found themselves in the company of non-celebrities who knew a lot of celebrities, most of whom were pretty chill.

            Exhibit A: Jung Jaehyun.

            They’d been invited to an event by Bogum, who threw hella nice dinners and seemed to know half of the good-looking men in South Korea. Wendy claimed that he might be gay, and Sungjae—much to Joy’s exasperation—offhandedly commented that Bogum might’ve hit on him once. She just hoped they wouldn’t shoot off their mouths at the dinner.

            The fancy venue and wide option of foods didn’t surprise them much (Sungjae and Joy weren’t really allowed to touch most of it anyway due to their celebrity lifestyles, while Wendy went all out with the buffet), but that didn’t mean there were no surprises at all. They hadn’t been in the building for more than fifteen minutes when Wendy started choking on her Turkish delights, prompting Sungjae to whack her back until she hacked the treat back up.

            “Jesus, Seungwan, slow down!”

            Wendy glared at Sungjae, eyes red and watery from her coughing fit. “I wasn’t eating that fast!”

            “I saw you shove, like, seven of those in your mouth at once—”

            “Listen, don’t make me remind you of the one time you tried to fit thirteen Oreos in one go—”

            “I told you, it was fourteen, and I didn’t choke—”

            “Guys. Guys.” Joy rubbed her temples, wondering why she loved these talkative idiots. “Please, we’re at a formal dinner.”

            “Come on, Joy,” Wendy drawled, wiping and the front of Sungjae’s shirt, where bits of Turkish delight clung like little jewels, “you know that by the end of the night, this floor is gonna be a storm anyway.”

            “Bogum isn’t like that.”

            “Sure, you know so much about him after that one drama, don’t you,” Sungjae egged on, linking arms with his godsibling in solidarity. It was as if they hadn’t been fighting literally ten seconds earlier. “Must be the Park-Park connection.”

            Joy rubbed her temples a bit harder.

            Wendy suddenly unlinked her arm from Sungjae. “Wait, that’s not what’s important right now.”

            Joy’s eyes shot up. “What do you mean? I think preventing you from making an absolute fool out of yourself is my top priority at the moment.”

            Wendy rolled her lips into , frantically lifting one eyebrow at Joy to communicate something. Joy squinted, wondering what the hell her best friend wanted to tell her before excusing her and Wendy to go to the restroom.

            She locked the door behind them and crossed her arms immediately upon entering. “What is it?”

            Wendy shifted her eyes about nervously. “You won’t believe who I saw.”

            “It better not be that girl you have a crush on...was it Sua?”

            “No!” Wendy blushed, clearing . “It wasn’t a celebrity.”

            Joy raised an eyebrow. “Then?”

            “Jaehyun.”

            There was a moment of blankness in Joy’s mind as she tried to recall who in the world Jaehyun was, but once she saw Wendy puckering her lips and making kissy sounds, her mind made the connection and she started panicking. “Jaehyun?!”

            “Yes, Jaehyun!”

            “Jung Jaehyun? The one I made out with back when I was a fetus?”

            “Yes, that—” Wendy paused, frowning slightly. “You were not a fetus in high school.”

            “You get my point!”

            Wendy rolled her eyes. “Okay, okay. But yes, that Jaehyun.”

            Joy blanched. “Oh gosh, I’m like ninety-percent sure he never got over me

Please log in to read the full chapter