1.5: all the lines of earth meet at a single point, and all points make the earth whole

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

            “Baby.”

Seulgi buried her face into the pillow. She had to work a late shift at the station and passed out upon going home and changing her clothes. Irene had tucked the tired detective into bed wordlessly, but it was a new day, and they had places to be.

            “Baby,” Irene called out again, singing the word softly. “Baby, you need to get up.”

            “One hour,” Seulgi mumbled incoherently, subconsciously. Her mind was still in REM world, where she was visiting Thailand with Irene.

            “Seul, we promised to meet everyone today. You need to help me prepare some food.”

            “Hmmrpfh.”

            “No, we can’t just pick up pizza. Jinyoung and Yeri are bringing that, remember?”

            “Hngg?”

            “Wenjoy are bringing muffins, so that rules out the bakery too.”

            “Hmnn.”

            “I actually don’t know what Sungjae’s going to bring, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to buy something. Everyone is going to be there, baby.”

            Seulgi groaned but didn’t move, making her girlfriend sigh. Irene made her way to their bed and slipped under the covers, gently running her hand up and down Seulgi’s back as she kissed the younger girl’s jaw.

            “Tired?”

            “Mmm.”

            “I know,” Irene crooned. She sat up and worked out the knots in the detective’s back, careful to not press that spot in her rib by accident. The younger girl moaned in content and Irene smiled as she kissed her ear. “But you promised you would throw me a celebration, and it’d be unfair if I did all the cooking.”

            “Of course not, baby.” Seulgi finally turned her face away from the pillow, voice still rough with sleep. She maneuvered her body under Irene to get onto her back and tapped her lips. Irene gave her a brief kiss.

            “Good morning, you sleepy bear. Ready to prepare for the picnic now?”

            “One more kiss.”

            “You need to brush your teeth.”

            “You kissed me once already though,” Seulgi whined. Irene got off of her stomach and walked to the kitchen.

            “Did you say if any of your friends had allergies?”

            Seulgi pushed herself off the bed with herculean effort and stretched her arms upwards. She padded to the restroom to freshen up and ambled along to the kitchen after she was done, wrapping her arms around Irene. “No, I don’t think they do.”

            Irene leaned back slightly. “I can’t move my arms, Seulgi.”

            “Don’t. They’re too precious to be exerting energy.”

            “Are you going to cook then?”

            Seulgi hummed. “I said we can buy something.”

            Irene sighed, placing down the knife and turning to look at the taller girl. “Don’t you want to show off how great of a cook your girlfriend is?”

            Seulgi pouted. “No, I wanna keep all your secret talents to myself.” She buried her face into Irene’s hair. “Like you said, it’s your celebration. You shouldn’t be cooking.”

            “I appreciate the sentiment, but for propriety’s sake, we should really cook something.”

Please log in to read the full chapter