2.12: Where there’s a winner, there’s always a loser

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Joohyun and Seulgi had somewhat evolved past the need for formal dates, having lived their entire lives in some state of semi-dating (whether it was intentional or not), so it was rare for them to get dressed up and prepare for events. Of course, it was always Joohyun who planned these dates, because Seulgi was, as she self-proclaimed, ‘smooth-brained,’ so Joohyun, despite knowing that the younger girl was just being lazy, took up the work herself.

            The first event of the day was, unsurprisingly, food. Seulgi suggested they have breakfast at home and then spend some time bonding over dressing up. Joohyun kind of wanted to slap her for the stupid, cheesy suggestion, but in the back of her mind, she was always a little afraid that Seulgi might burn David alive. Hence the fake smile and agreement.

            “Hyunnie,” Seulgi called out, rounding the corner with what Joohyun had been expecting to be a cute dress but was actually a couple outfit. “We haven’t worn this since college.”

            Joohyun stared at her. “Yeah, no . It’s matching college hoodies, you idiot.”

            “Don’t you wanna feel young though? We never got to be a campus couple.”

            “Are you saying I’m old?”

            Seulgi held up her hands in surrender. “I’m saying you look like you could pull it off.”

            Joohyun humphed but didn’t fight back on that comment. “And what happened to-” she air-quoted- “‘female bonding?’ I thought you wanted to doll me up.”

            “You said we’re going to a batting cage. I’m not sure that one, your unathletic was in the right state of mind when you planned that and two, we’ll be able to swing giant metal clubs in a flowy dress that can lift with the breeze of my arms’ powerful swing.”

            “You wanna see how my unathletic beats up your athletic one?”

            Seulgi remained mum. “Have I told you how much I love you for planning all this out for us?”

            “Flattery only works when it’s not you,” Joohyun shot back, throwing Seulgi’s childhood words back at her. “I can’t remember the last time you genuinely said those three words to me.”

            “Uh, last night?”

            “Doesn’t count.”

            “Even if you felt amazing?”

            “Nope.”

            “Damn it.” Seulgi pouted. “I don’t wanna go on this date anymore.”

            Oh hell nah. Joohyun had planned this for a while. She bit back a sigh and made her way over to the younger girl, looking up with puppy eyes.

            “Come on, Seul. I love you. And that’s what matters.”

            Seulgi looked down at Joohyun, holding back her laughter. “Have I told you that you’re simultaneously the hottest person I know but also the stupidest person I know?”

            “Not sure whether to be pleased or insulted.”

            Seulgi squeezed Joohyun into a hug, squeezing her once. “You should always be pleased in my presence. I try hard to keep you pleased.”

            Joohyun wasn’t going to complain. “I think you might need to try harder at certain parts of the day though.”

            “Not at night though, right?”

            “I plead the fifth.”

            “Aww, come on, Joohyun.” Seulgi pulled back, arms loosely wrapped around the older girl’s waist. “I’m the best you’ve ever had.”

            “Correction, the only I’ve ever had.”

            “Damn you’re right.” Seulgi stayed still for a bit before kissing Joohyun’s forehead. “But you wouldn’t have it any other way, right?”

            “I plead the—”

            She didn’t have a chance to finish though, because Seulgi shoved the hoodie over Joohyun’s head and ran off.

-------

            Seulgi wasn’t going to lie: the date wasn’t all that exciting, given that they both were past the point in their lives to get excited by fancy dinner and a fun (?) activity, but that didn’t mean that the entire day was boring. One reason was because there had never not been an instance in which Joohyun attempting t

Please log in to read the full chapter