2.7: Leave the decorations to the interior designer

Parts of Infinity
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Seul, this looks really nice.” Joohyun glanced around at the interior of their new house, courtesy of genius designer Kang Seulgi. “I didn’t actually think you’d be able to pull off the purple so smoothly.”

Seulgi set down some boxes and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Joohyun threw a towel at her, which the younger girl slapped onto her face dramatically. “Thanks, but I would rather you help me move these inside than stand around and compliment the skills that I already know I have.”

“Have I told you that your ego has become egregiously huge? I kinda want to pop that inflated head of yours.”

“Then I’d be dead, and you’d be a widow.”

Joohyun walked over to her wife, dropping the towel from Seulgi’s face, and pushed a box with her foot, struggling when she noticed that it was heavier than it looked. “Jesus, did you pack bricks or something?”

Seulgi gave her a no-nonsense look. “Those are your decorative pots, you madwoman.”

Joohyun’s eyes lit up and she started opening the box with a boxcutter knife. “Oh yeah! I promised David I’d give him a new space when we moved.”

“You promise things to everyone except for me.”

The older girl looked up and blinked. “I literally signed my life away to you. Legally. You know that you’re set as the person who’ll inherit my life insurance, right?”

Seulgi crouched down next to her wife and stared into the box. “Probably wasn’t a good idea to tell me that.”

“If I died, you’d be a widow,” Joohyun mocked. She peered into the foyer. “Is this it for the boxes?”

“Yeah, thanks to me, we only have two boxes outside. Your plants.”

Joohyun rushed outside and pushed the large cardboard cubes inside, taking care to not jolt the contents as she maneuvered them over the bumps. Seulgi watched amusedly with her arms crossed as the older girl pursed her lips in concentration. It was like watching a pink robin attempt to move a boulder. Cute but unproductive.

The taller girl gently moved Joohyun out of the way and used all the muscles in her strong thighs to propel the boxes into the house and closer to the balcony area. She straightened and dusted her hands, holding them out to Joohyun in a ‘ta-da’ motion. Joohyun mistook her gesture as her wanting a hug.

“Why the hell are you hugging me? I’m sweaty.”

Joohyun looked up at Seulgi in confusion. “I thought you wanted me to hug you?”

“I was demonstrating my a

Please log in to read the full chapter