Chapter 9

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Her feet felt like it was about to fall off with the exhaustion it was suffering from. Shuhua was sure she had run more than five kilometers. Her movements were much slower than before but Hui Yin and his minions were exhausted aswell. They were still adamant on catching her though.

Shuhua did not get anymore chances to change into another disguise and soon she would reach her limit. She could feel it in the way her vision was blurred and how her body ached with every step she took. But before she could pass out she bumped into another figure who held on to her but judging from the strong musky cologne her nose picked up, it was surely a man.

She did not recognize him immediately due to her hazy vision and the dizziness she felt. But the moment her vision cleared up she wished the ground to swallow her because it had to be Jeon Youngmin of all people. Her sister's girlfriend's father.
 
Admittedly, Shuhua wanted nothing more to do with the middle aged man after the events that had led to him slapping her although that was expected from him as a father who had caught his son-in-law red handed in a night club.

Before she could detach herself from the man and make a dash, Hui Yin and his minions had already caught up to her. Shuhua was experienced to make the best out of every situation. If life gives you lemons, make some lemonade. That is how the saying goes.

She did not miss the way Jeon Youngmin stared at her with that spark in his eyes. As if he was starstruck. She wanted to throw up at the thought yet kept her expression stoic. She was going to play the role of a fragile middle aged woman as he would believe it to be.

"Please help me sir! These goons are trying to defile me" And that was all it took as the man launched himself at Hui Yin and his gang. Shuhua did not know if it was the man's combat skills or if Hui Yin and his gang were just lacking at the physical department despite the scary weird knives they wielded. What she knows is that Yuqi's nightmare had won over her nightmare.

"Jeon Youngmin" The man introduced himself extending his hands toward her.

After much contemplation she took it only coming up with one name. "Seo Miyeon"

In her defense, she was not that creative when having to come up with names right on the spot. The woman's name that she had teased on the train a day earlier was all that she could think of and she had not gotten her last name.
Jeon Youngmin had offered her a ride to her home and even with the countless excuses she spurted out he stood his ground. So Shuhua had no choice but blurt out the only address she knew of in Busan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't just stand there like a statue, Come give your auntie Miyeon a hug"

Shuhua was also one to make the best out of every situation she was put in. Living life to the fullest. That is why she had taken the chance to envelope Soojin in a hug feeling satisfied when the other's soft scent washed over her, calming her down in a way. She felt light tingles on her back when Soojin's hands finally wrapped around her waist reciprocating the hug.

"My aunt? Really?" Soojin whispered next to her ear keeping her voice low so that it would be inaudible to the man watching them. Shuhua felt the hairs on her neck stand with every word that was whispered. She was very much affected by the touch and voice of Soojin but kept her cool trying not to betray her real emotions infront of either of the two people.

Shuhua only laughed as they let go of eachother under Jeon Youngmin's eyes. "Look at you so beautiful" She was also not going to let go of the chance to compliment Soojin feeling proud of herself when a smile blossomed on the girl's face with the pinkish hue of the blush adoring her cheeks.

"That must be a trait in your family" Jeon Youngmin spoke breaking both of them out of their little bubble, Soojin's eyes shooting towards him immediately. She squinted her eyes at Jeon Youngmin trying to discern the connotations behind his words  while Shuhua giggled lightly slapping the man's shoulders. "Oh! Youngmin"

Soojin shifted her eyes between Shuhua and Jeon Youngmin with raised brows. She was visibly irritated seeing the obvious looks the man had directed at Shuhua and how the two were interacting. "Aren't you two getting along well?"

It was muttered between gritted teeth and Shuhua could tell Soojin was both disgusted and annoyed by what she was witnessing.

Jeon Youngmin though, did not seem to notice any difference in Soojin's voice as he commented which might have just added more fuel to the fire. "Yes indeed! Her company is very pleasing"

"Excuse me!" Soojin took a step forward about to give the man a piece of her mind.

Shuhua intervened holding on to Soojin's wrist before she could blurt out anything in her rage which potentially may lead to blowing up of Shuhua's cover. "It's been a long time since I visited. We have a lot of things to catch up on. Thank you Youngmin for everything. I'll see you around"

Shuhua led Soojin who was throwing daggers at the man with her eyes, towards the apartment as Jeon Youngmin muttered his goodbyes still very much oblivious to Soojin's disdain towards him.

"As hell if you're going to see him around!" Shuhua does not know if it was jealousy or just Soojin's protective side but she certainly loved seeing the girl riled up like this. Angry Soojin was definitely cute.

So she decided to tease the girl more as Soojin proceeded to unlock the door she waved at the man who was still in his spot watching them and waved back at her a little too eagerly. As expected Soojin seethed when she saw what Shuhua was doing.

"Okay that's enough!" She uttered before pulling in Shuhua into the house and slamming the door shut. She glared at Shuhua who was unbothered by the look and took her time to remove her wig throwing it at the coffee table nearby.

"Something tells me you're not here on your own accord" Soojin said knowing that something must have happened for Shuhua to be here and not in Seoul.

Shuhua smiled apologetically at Soojin knowing well that Soojin did not want her to leave but if she decided to stay, Soojin wanted it to be her own decision rather than being forced into it. 

"Yeah the people who were after me almost got to me. Jeon Youngmin saved me" Shuhua kept it short flopping down on the couch. Her body sighed in relief at the rest it was finally getting.

"That doesn't justify you flirting with him. For God's sake he has a daughter who is older than you" Soojin voiced her discomfort over the matter.

Shuhua chuckled deciding to tease the girl. "Don't worry I was just playing along, I had to play the role of your very single aunt you know"

"You could have gone with the role of my very happily married aunt you know" Soojin retaliated. "All it would take is a ing ring. Next time keep one in that backpack filled with weird things of yours"

"Why don't you get me one?" Shuhua smiled smugly seeing Soojin's eyes widen with the shock not missing the hidden intention behind Shuhua's words. The girl was just too easy to tease.

"Y-your changing the topic here. Stop smiling like that" Soojin stammered feeling flustered. Shuhua put a hand over her own mouth eventhough it was obvious that she was still smiling.

She beckoned the girl to come over and sit beside her which Soojin did while complaining. "I swear to god this time you'll die in his hands if this goes on"

Shuhua felt warmth spreading across her chest at the visible worry displayed on Soojin's features. "Don't worry I'm not intending to prolong-" She stopped as a light bulb went off in her head.

"What's with that face?" Soojin surely caught the change in her expression. And she would definitely not be happy with the twisted idea Shuhua had come up with. "Complete your sentence Shuhua! You will not prolong-"

"Maybe I'll prolong it for a little bit. I can send Soyeon and Yuqi on a much needed date" Shuhua suggested putting emphasis on the little bit as if that would convince Soojin.

"I don't think that's a good idea" Soojin said already seeming to think of the ways this might blow up in their faces but Shuhua was not one to dwell on such things as she took out her phone and called Yuqi. She ordered her to come over immediately and hung up not giving any other information to the confused girl.

"Now that that's settled" She threw the phone to the coffee table and turned her body towards Soojin, leaning closer to her. "Time to focus on us"

Soojin cleared  looking away from Shuhua's gaze. It was an adorable sight for Shuhua seeing the girl trying to hide the fact that she was flustered. "W-what about us?" She asked.

"You, me" Shuhua pointed at Soojin then at herself and proceeded with some wild gestures with her hands "Poof! Fireworks! Explosions! Flowers! Chemistry! What else?"

Soojin looked at her with a raised eyebrow. The smile on her lip hinting that she had decided to tease back. "Stop exaggerating! We only kissed"

Shuhua gasped offended at the girl's words. "So you're telling me that you didn't feel anything? Was it all an act?"

"It was supposed to be an act remember" Soojin had an amused smile on her face which might mean that she was joking but Shuhua did not take those kinds of joke well. Not when her feelings were on the line.

"Then good day to you my niece, I'm sure Jeon Youngmin would be delighted with my company unlike you" Shuhua declared standing up with a flip of her hair to show her haughtiness hoping that would spark up Soojin's jealousy again.

And it did, because next thing she knew she was pulled back into her spot on the couch with Soojin's hand holding firmly onto her wrists. "You just can't stay still, can you?"

Soojin's glare was scary. That she had to admit but she also had to hold her ground on this one. "I don't like people who pretend that's all"

"Pretty ironic coming from you who pretended to be my aunt just a few minutes ago" Soojin replied letting go of Shuhua's wrist, folding her hands and looking smugly at her.

Shuhua was left speechless for a few seconds. Ofcourse Soojin was right, how could she possibly refute to that. Soojin must have not expected the drop in Shuhua's expression as she gave an apologetic smile to Shuhua before adding. "Okay maybe that was a lame joke"

Shuhua intently stared knowing Soojin needed time to speak because of her shyness. She watched as the girl made several failed attempts opening and closing  repeatedly. But when Soojin finally spoke she did not stutter and was direct to the point. 

"There might have been feelings involved from my side aswell"

Shuhua gave a wide cheeky smile. That was enough for the time being and she would be content with that. Though, she was not sure what to do. "So...what now?"

Soojin shrugged. "You tell me. You're the one who can't stay in one place"

Shuhua hummed thinking weighing her options. "I think I would stay" Her voice was filled with hesitance and doubt but when she looked at Soojin and got an encouraging smile from her, she continued. "I want to stay here with Yuqi and you" It was the first time she had directly voiced out her opinion. For the first time she wanted something for herself without thinking about the consequences.

And that something, or rather someone was staring at her with such an adoring smile, there would be no other place in the world she would rather want to be at other than this and she wanted to express that to Soojin. Not by words though, but with her actions.

She leant in slowly giving the other girl time to refuse, but Soojin only pulled her closer seemingly impatient with Shuhua's advances. When the gap was sealed between their lips, Shuhua felt like she was brought back to the time they kissed at the club. lips trying to match each others momentum while hands wondered upwards leaving a trail of goosebumps at their wake from her arms to her neck and then to her hair. Soojin had full control over her and Shuhua was utterly bewitched.

When they finally separated, Soojin still had the smile on her face that Shuhua would sacrifice her whole life for. There was a calming gentleness taking over Shuhua as Soojin tucked away a strand of hair that was blocking Shuhua's eyes before tenderly cradling Shuhua's face in her hands. For a moment she just trailed her thumbs on Shuhua's cheeks while Shuhua marvelled in the attention she was receiving.

"Poof, Fireworks, Explosions, Flowers, Chemistry or Whatever you call it, I feel them too" Soojin clarified even more confidently this time. "So stay here with me Shuhua"

 

 

Author's Note:

Hello it's been a while. With everything that had been going on I thought it would be better to not update for now.

But it's Soojin's birthday so why not? Let's appreciate her even more and send her our well wishes. She needs them the most right now.

Hope you all are doing alright. Enjoy~