Chapter 6

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
"I'm sorry! What?"

"I said were you aware of the fact that you were beautiful?" Shuhua repeated nonchalantly while Soojin still had her eyes wide in shock. Soojin searched to see if there was anyone behind the girl and even stepped out a little from the doorstep wondering where she could have come from.

"I think you're drunk!" She said finally thinking it was the only reason that this stranger was at her doorstep. "I can help you-"

"No! I'm completely sober" Shuhua immediately interjected. She raised her arms and stepped forward, closer to Soojin who stepped back in return. "You can smell the alcohol on me if I was drunk"

Soojin raised one of her hands and motioned the girl to stop and Shuhua did immediately dropping her hands down and stepping back to give the girl space. But she still had the amused smile upon seeing the girl so confused.

"So do you just go around ringing the doorbell of random strangers in the middle of the night just to say that?" Soojin asked now genuinely creeped out. She stepped back again a hand on the front door ready to slam it shut if the girl tried anything.

"Oh no! Actually-" Shuhua started once she remembered why she was actually there. At a sight of a beautiful girl she already forgot about her sister. Maybe she is not the the best sister afterall. "I thought this was my sister's house. Maybe it's that one?" Shuhua was now looking at the house next to Soojin's, focus suddenly shifting back to finding her sister.

"You're Yuqi's sister?" Soojin said as it finally dawned on her. "Shuhua?" She asked to confirm.
​​​​"Wow!" Shuhua let out again seeming to be in a daze which brought a frown on to Soojin's face again in confusion. "Even my name sounds beautiful when you say it"

"I'm Yuqi's housmate Soojin" Soojin introduced herself rolling her eyes but still opening the door wider to let the other girl inside. Shuhua happily went in looking around for Yuqi while Soojin shut the door behind her. Once she noticed Shuhua looking around, she decided to call out for Yuqi. "Song Yuqi! Better get down your sister is here"

"SHUHUA?" Loud sounds of running were heard from upstairs and then from the stairs as Shuhua finally caught sight of her sister who was clad in her pajamas indicating that the girl had turned in for the night. With a jovious all teeth smile directed towards Shuhua, Yuqi was on her way down when she suddenly tripped on the last steps which sent her flying towards the ground and Shuhua who had unconsciously moved towards the staircase immediately held onto the girl's shoulders effectively stopping her fall.

"I got you" Shuhua said mirroring the bright smile she noticed upon Yuqi's face aswell as the teary eyes "as always. Don't worry!"

Yuqi let her hands circle around Shuhua's waist bringing Shuhua closer and hugging her, only noticing then that the girl had grown taller than her. "Gosh how much I missed you!" She said burying her face on her sister's shoulder revelling in the familiar scent and warmth.

"I know" Shuhua also hugged her back patting the girl's back as a way of comfort. "I missed you too"

Soojin watched from behind them not being able to cast her eyes away from the emotional scene. She smiled at how Yuqi looked like the younger one among the two when it was actually the other way around.

"You really came?" Yuqi's voice was slightly muffled as she did not bother to raise her head from Shuhua's shoulder.

"Almost didn't" Shuhua replied honestly, thoughts flashing back to the moment she hesitated infront of the train. She now realized the disappointment that could have brought to Yuqi. "But I'm glad I did. I'm here now"

"I'm glad you did too" Yuqi finally freed herself from the hug but still held onto the girl. She looked at Shuhua's face mentally noting down how mature Shuhua seemed now. "I don't know how to thankyou enough" She said trying to convey with words how grateful she was eventhough she knew it was not needed to be told. She was sure Shuhua can just read it from her face alone.

"You don't need to-" Shuhua's words halted and Yuqi saw a mischievous glint cross the girl's features. "Maybe you can thank me by setting me up with the walking time bomb behind us"

"Soojin?" She questioned and the other girl nodded. Not actually mature afterall, Yuqi thought. There was the sound of an audible gasp coming from Soojin herself and Yuqi directed her gaze from Shuhua to Soojin while Shuhua also turned around to face the girl.

"Yuqi this is your sister?" Soojin questioned evidently disturbed by the girl's remark. "She's the one that is going to help you?"

Yuqi was slower in answering and she could only watch with her eyes wide when her sister seized the chance moving towards Soojin and stopping a few steps away from Soojin.

"It's okay you know! Not everyone can be a jack of all trades like me" Shuhua said to which Soojin's expression morphed to one of confusion. Sensing the tension brewing between the two Yuqi also moved closer to them incase one of them throws a hand at the other. Maybe it was just her subconcious warning her that Shuhua was about to say something stupid.

"When you are gifted in this deparment-" Shuhua used her right hand pointing from her feet and then upwards to her shoulder "then you usually lack in this department" She finished while pointing her forefinger at her forehead.

Yuqi realised the words that were said quicker than Soojin and covered the gasp that came out of her lips with her hand while she directed her gaze from her sister who looks awfully proud of herself to Soojin with the frown that maybe forever plastered to her face now. It took Soojin a minute to finally understand what was said.

"What did you say?" It would not take a genius to know that the girl was clearly offended now. Soojin walked closer to Shuhua, pointing her finger at the girl and Yuqi immediately stepped in between them stopping Soojin with a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Yuqi tell your sister to watch her words or else-"

Shuhua only seemed to enjoy the situation more as she daringly lifted her face and stepped even closer mocking Soojin. Yuqi had to credit her sister's guts for being able to face Seo Soojin's wrath so calmly. "Or else what?"

"Okay just stop!" Yuqi finally said manouvering her body to the side and keeping her other hand on Shuhua's shoulder to stop the girl from trying anything else. "You two can fight it out later. Right now we have bigger matters to discuss"

Shuhua stepped away which caused Yuqi breathe out a sigh of releif and turned to Soojin who still was eyeing the other girl with a death glare. As Yuqi muttered soft words to Soojin to try and calm her down, Shuhua noticed the bowl of ramen placed on the counter top of the kitchen conjoined with the livingroom. Her feets now in auto gear, immediately crossed the living room to the counter. She took the chopsticks placed in the bowl and expertly curled up a generous amount of the noodles on to the chopsticks. With  wide open in anticipation her hands midway towards it's destination, a loud shriek was heard halting all movements.

Still frozen in place she stared at the culprit with a raised brow while Soojin narrowed her eyes down at the girl. "Don't you dare! That's mine"

Shuhua just shrugged and brought the noodles up to  ready to gulp it down looking at Soojin who freaked out again. "I already ate from that. My saliva's in there"

As if that was going to stop her, Shuhua thought as she finally took the noodles into  letting out an appreciative hum after swallowing. She smiled victoriously at Soojin who had  agape with disbelief.

"Yuqi!" Soojin stomped her feet turning to Yuqi who was rubbing her forehead with her right hand in frustration. Shuhua held in her laugh as the girl looked like a child who was complaining to her parent.

"Shuhua!" Yuqi reprimanded her sister. "Can you not?"

"I'm sorry okay!" Shuhua said. "I haven't eaten anything since morning" She continued devouring the food having the feeling that Soojin would not want it anymore.

"You didn't?" Yuqi was confused. Ofcourse there would be no way the Jeon's would let their guest starve. "But Soyeon always prepare dinner for special guests. And technically speaking you're her fiancé"

"Yeah about that-" Shuhua drawled on finishing the last of the Ramen. "Please tell her very very politely that Shuhua would never eat food made by her ever again. Even if you two were married"

"Why not?" This time Yuqi was the one confused and quite offended instead of Soojin. Soojin smiled already having an idea or two of what must have happened.

"Let's not talk about that" Shuhua clapped her hands after keeping the bowl back in it's place and walking back over to where the other two were. "Let's discuss the plan. I promised Soyeon that this matter will be over by morning and I intend to keep it"

"You made a plan already?" Yuqi questioned wondering how the girl was able to think of a plan so quickly while they had been thinking about one for days and still were not able to come up with anything.

"Yes! And we're going to conduct this mission immediately. I had thought we would have trouble looking for the right person for this job at this time of the night but-" Shuhua smiled suspiciously at Soojin who inturn narrowed her eyes at the girl. "But seems like I didn't have to worry at all"

----------------------------------------------

Soojin still had her eyes narrowed at Shuhua while her hands were folded on top of her chest, a stark contrast to the people who were dancing around them. They were now at a club with loud blaring music from the speakers and a crowd of strangers piled on the dance floor. Soojin would rather stay at home than be at a place like this but this was Shuhua's grand plan. The classical, old school and dramatic way of showing that the guy is a cheater and not worthy of your daughter plan as Shuhua had worded.

"I know I'm doing this for Yuqi and Soyeon but it strangely feels like you have a personal gain in this" She said watching Shuhua who looked like she was having the best time of her life.

"Oh just cheerup Soojin!" Shuhua was once again dressed up as Jo Hakyeon dancing to the music like all the others on the dance floor. Soojin had never seen someone dance so offbeat in her life. "Loosen up a bit" Shuhua said jiggling her  which made Soojin direct a look of disgust towards the girl who giggled at her response.

"Your dancing is terrible" Soojin finally commented as she saw the girl giving some disco dance move to an upbeat song. Who does that even?

"Says the one whose standing like a pole on the middle of the dance floor" Shuhua remarked. "I'm sorry but your opinion is not relevant"

Soojin smirked knowing this was a department where she excelled in. "I'll have you know I was a professional dancer" She said with a flip of her hair to add a little flair to what she had said.

And she marvelled in the reaction of Shuhua who immediately stopped and looked at her in surprise. "Wait for real?" Soojin nodded proudly to confirm.

"I thought you were an accountant?" The younger girl questioned again and Soojin confirmed again with a nod. "Why did you quit dancing?"

"The pay is better in an office" This definitely was not a topic Soojin wanted to embark on but for some reason she did not avoid it like the other times. She also wanted to clarify to the younger that she was not greedy for money. "My little sister needs to go into surgery soon. We're trying everything we can to pay for it"

For the first time she saw Shuhua with a serious expression. Soojin curiously stared as different emotions she could not read cross the girl's features. "You're the friend Yuqi talked about over the phone"

"She did?"

"Yeah" Shuhua continued. "That no matter what she said you never accepted her help. She was really frustrated"

"That's because it's not enough" Soojin replied feeling that she should defend herself. "Do you even know how much money I'm talking about? Atleast a million dollars!"

"It may not be enough Soojin. She knows that too" Shuhua spoke softly which was so different from how she had talked to her during the few hours Soojin had known her. It made Soojin feel like a child being reprimanded by a parent. "You should accept the few helping hands that are offered to you. It may not be a million but it's something that would bring you closer to the actual goal and it definitely does not make you a selfish person either"

Soojin does not know how their conversation had gone that deep. But she does know that within a few hours this girl infront of her had already figured out all her insecurities while she kept seeing all these new sides of Shuhua that left her dumbfounded to say the least.

"Guys!" Soojin's momentary daze was disrupted by the loud voice of Yuqi. "So I just called Mr. Jeon and luckily he picked up. I pretended to be a bartender and said his future son-in-law was drunk to the core"

"Okay good" Shuhua praised and Soojin can see Yuqi puff up with pride. Shuhua must have known that it took an enormous amount of courage for the girl to talk to the person she feared the most.

"Now it's up to you two" Yuqi said giving a pat to their backs. "He'll be here in a few minutes. I'll be hiding back there"

With that the girl disappeared and Soojin's focus shifted back to Shuhua who now had a somewhat timid expression on her face. Soojin raised a brow questioning the sudden change of demeanour.

"I'm not scared of Mr. Jeon or anything but I just realized I brought you into this aswell he knows you and can hurt you" Shuhua answered seeing her expression. Soojin was amazed yet again by seeing the caring side of the girl.

"He doesn't pay enough attention to people he think is irrelevant. I have been friends with Soyeon for about three years and yet he doesn't even know who I am" Soojin explained. "I doubt he would even look at me"

A small smile formed on Shuhua's lips and Soojin smiled in return. "Well glad to know that I'm the only one who could possibly get beaten up"

That was very much possible but Soojin did not say it out loud. Shuhua must know that too but still had the bravery to joke about it. "You're really willing to take the risk for Yuqi?" She asked instead.

"Ofcourse" was the immediate answer of the girl. "She's my sister and I would do anything for her"

Soojin had to admit that it was admirable. But something does not add up and Soojin was going to find that out. "You say you care about her yet never came to see her even once"

Shuhua looked away this time surely trying to avoid this conversation but Soojin still prodded. "You can fool Yuqi by saying that you have only been in Korea for few months not me. Your Korean is as good as Yuqi's and it took her more than a year to get rid of the accent"

There was a brief moment of hesitance before Shuhua finally gave up with a chuckle. Soojin almost regretted saying that as the girl now looked like all the light was drowned from her face.

"I guess we all have to depend on money one way or another. Even if we don't consider ourselves as selfish. I'm no better. You might know that I left China six years ago" Shuhua started getting a comforting nod from Soojin. "I was selected from this acting agency from Taiwan. Oh how naive I was to pack up immediately and leave. I thought that was it you know. My big break and shortcut to earning money. I thought it could help our family aswell. We were not poor but we all want to improve our quality of life" Shuhua paused and Soojin already had a heavy feeling in her stomach knowing the information she was about to get was anything but good. Shuhua continued again. "The acting agency was all a hoax and I was left with a debt that I know my parents wouldn't be able to repay. I refused to go back to my family to just to put a huge burden on them so I completely cut myself from them. To make matters worse I had gone and borrowed money from this gang to pay for the debt. That's it. Now I'm living everyday running away from them who are hell bent on killing me" 

Soojin was completely speechless. She knew Shuhua was hiding something big but this was really insane and it made her frustrated aswell. And she felt even more bad knowing that Shuhua had gone through this at such a young age. Soojin might have let go of her dreams voluntarily for her sister's sake but Shuhua's dream was completely crushed by those people for their own selfish gains. Soojin does not even know how that would have felt like.

"Now you know why I'm not afraid of being beaten up by Jeon Youngmin" She must have been silent for too long for Shuhua to try and joke about it. That still did not make Soojin feel any better. She could only register in her brain the hidden words. That Shuhua lives her life in constant fear of death. Yet the girl was so lively and bright no one would even guess what she had gone through.

"It's okay Soojin" Shuhua spoke again and Soojin wondered why Shuhua was the one trying to lift the mood while it should be her assuring the younger one. "Gosh I shouldn't have told you"

"I'm seeing you in a new light Shuhua" Soojin finally said trying to match the girl's mood. "You should give me a few minutes to process it atleast"

"Really?" An appreciative smile and Shuhua finally brightened up again. "Are you attracted to me now? Do you want to take me home now?"

"Never" Soojin laughed suddenly remembering that they were at a night club. How did they forget that? "May I remind you that your sister lives in the exact same house"

That caused Shuhua to groan. "You didn't have to mention that"

Soojin laughed again casting her eyes away from Shuhua towards the entrance of the club now aware that she should be the one looking out for Jeon Youngmin as she was the one facing the entrance to the club while the other girl had her back towards the entrance. And it looks like her timing was just right as Jeon Youngmin stepped inside and halted there no doubt searching for Jo Hakyeon.

"He's here!" She whispered and without thinking much or giving the other girl any chance, she pulled Shuhua completely flush against her. Her attention was solely on Jeon Youngmin so she did not notice how the other girl had gone stiff in her hold. She guided both their bodies in rhythm to the music and finally saw Jeon Youngmin's eyes stopping on them.

"W-woah" She felt arms circle around her waist which caused her to look back to Shuhua and that made her stop moving along to the beat. Only then did she notice how close they actually were. Shuhua was almost the same height as her and now she found herself gazing into the other's dark eyes while she held onto Shuhua's shoulders tightly.

Shuhua was beautiful she would admit that but right now she felt an unexpected pull towards the younger girl and it must be mutual as Shuhua also leaned in. Instead of pushing the younger girl away she closed her eyes feeling the softness of Shuhua's lips and how gently it melded with hers. Wanting more she also kissed back with more pressure. Was it the music or her heart that was pounding so loudly?

Before they could go any further Shuhua was forcefully detached from her. Soojin felt panic rising in her chest when she caught sight of Jeon Youngmin facing Shuhua with a furious expression and she could only watch helplessly as the man lifted his right hand wielding it through the air and landing a slap right across Shuhua's left cheek.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Make way for Sooshu! I had fun writing this one hope you all enjoy it just as much.