Chapter 2

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
In the evening hustle and bustle of the city of Seoul where most people were making their way home from work or just enjoying their evening strolling around, a group of people could be seen running along the street with knives raised by their hands. They had weird clothings that looked like dresses with their leader wearing a dark blue one while the others were wearing red ones. They looked more like they were filming a comedy movie scene.

"Shoehaa!" The leader shouted. "You're not getting away this time"

The minions with him chanted the same thing but one could easily say that they already lost sight of the said 'Shoehaa'. The heavy korean accent indicated that they were not from Korea. They turned a corner and came to an abrupt stop where they had to dodge some incoming rocks thrown at them.

A very old looking lady with white hair and a long white dress stood on the street holding on to some rocks. She had a pale white face with wrinkles as a sign of aging.

She threw one more rock that would have hit the leader if not for him dodging at the last minute.

"Hey lady! Why are you throwing rocks at us?" One of the minions asked.

"I heard you say-" The lady stopped to cough before finishing. "Shoehaa. I think that one there is Shoehaa" She said pointing at the leader.

"Ho look here lady I'm not Shoehaa. I'm Hui Yin" The leader spoke. "But do tell us why you're looking for Shoehaa"

The lady let out a few more coughs before answering. "She took money from me and has not returned them"

With a bewildered expression Hui Yin spoke again. "She did the same to us. We came all the way from Taiwan to get that girl. Let's catch her together"

The lady was about to say something when she started coughing intensely while clutching on to her chest. She was about to fall when Hui Yin grabbed on to her shoulders keeping her upright.

"Guys I think this lady's time has come" Hui Yin said and pushed the lady into one of his minions hands. "Take the car parked near the main road and take her to the hospital. Maybe God will be happy with us for doing something good for once and give us Shoehaa"

On the backseat of the car that was on the way to the hospital the old lady threw a quick look at the minion who was focused on the road and smirked. She took out a backpack hidden under her dress and placed it on the seat next to her.

From the rearview mirror the minion noticed a movement and stared his jaw hanging open. The old lady who was actually a woman at her twenties removed a mask that was hiding her young face. She also removed the wig freeing her long black hair and brushed a hand over them to keep them in place. She smiled at the baffled expression on the minion's face.

"S-Shoehaa?"

"Yes. Shuhua" The woman said pulling out a gun from her backpack and pointing at the minion. "Now next stop railway station"

Shuhua who was now dressed in a simple white blouse and dark blue jeans, sighed watching people board the train which was about to leave in a few minutes. She looked at the ticket in her hand still in thought.

'Me being there would also mean getting Hui Yin and all her gang there aswell. What if they get to Yuqi? I can't risk that' She thought.

'But Yuqi needs you' It was like a whole debate on her mind. If not for the thought of burdening her sister, she would have been with her years ago. The debate on her mind would have continued if not for someone bumping into her.

"Watch where you're going" Came the deep voice of a young man in a suit holding a luggage bag. "This place seems to be filled with poor people my father really had to send me on the train"

Shuhua scoffed hearing what he said. "You're the one who bumped into me. Apologize while I'm still kind" She said.

This angered the man even more as he stepped closer bringing his face closer to Shuhua's who did not back away from the challenge.

"The audacity of this girl!" He said. "Don't you know who I am?"

Shuhua only rolled her eyes. She absolutely hated people like these who have their heads high above the clouds just beacuse they are rich. "Don't know! Dont Care!"

"I'm Jo Hakyeon! One and only heir to the Jo industries" He ranted out causing Shuhua to scoff again. He could have been a president and she still would have not spared a glance at him.  "You must be from Busan right? You'll know Jeon Youngmin"

That did stop Shuhua from continuously rolling her eyes and wreck her brain as the name somehow sounded familiar.

'Really Shu! Jeon Youngmin scares the living daylights out of me' Yuqi's voice from some days ago echoed through her head. She remembers laughing at Yuqi for being scared of her own girlfriend's father.

"Oh! You seem to know him" The young man named Hakyeon said noticing the change in Shuhua's face. "He's going to be my father-in-law. I'm going to marry his only daughter"

He waved his luggage bag with his name and Jeon Residence address written over it in large bold letters. Shuhua almost questioned the need for it.

'Like hell you will! That's my sister's girl' Shuhua wanted to say yet refrained. She thanked whatever devine forces responsible for practically throwing this jerk at her.

A few minutes later a smiling Shuhua boarded the train. For the people on the train though, instead of a young woman, they only witnessed a young man with dark short hair in his expensive looking suit, boarding the train.

In hindsight, Shuhua really should have considered the consequences of leaving Jo Hakyeon who was now in a long white dress with the white haired wig on his hands, getting caught by Hui Yin and his gang.

Miyeon huffed in her seat getting more and more irritated as the time went by. She had been running away from Minnie all day. She could only catch a much needed breather once this train leaves.

"Why is it taking so long?" She thought.

To make matters worse, she just happens to get a seat beside the worst person on the train. This man in a suit with dark hair and unnaturally white skin along with a luggage bag highlighting a name and address labelled in large letters like an advertisement occupied the window seat and the first thing he does when he notices her is whistle looking her up and down.

'Ugh! Men!" She thought. Thankfully, upon receiving multiple glares and death threats, he finally queited down and was now sleeping with headphones playing music which even Miyeon could hear. But Miyeon would prefer him blasting his ears over him being awake and disturbing her peace.

But it seems like its not her day afterall as she heard a commotion going on behind her. She turned to look at what was going on only to find Minnie and Lisa at the other end of the train compartment making their way towards her direction. Ofcourse, Minnie just had to make her life difficult. Miyeon turned around noticing that Minnie's eyes did not land on her yet.

She took her small luggage bag from under her seat and took out a red box. She did not have much time to think so she just took the bag of the man next to her which was placed near his feet and quickly put the red box inside before placing it back near his feet.

'Jo Hakyeon. Seems like I have to grace you with my presence later. Must be your lucky day'  She thought mentally engraving the address on her brain.

It only took a few seconds and the next thing she knew Minnie and Lisa were standing beside her, both in their uniform making heads turn in their direction, Minnie's eyes as always glaring down at her.

"Minnie! Fancy seeing you here" She said using the sweet voice she always used with Minnie knowing how much it irked her. "On your way to Busan too? That's nice! God knows how much you need that vacation"

She smiled triumphantly upon seeing the crease forming between Minnie's brows. On the otherhand Lisa not so subtly laughed trying to hide it behind her hands acting like she was coughing after noticing the look Minnie gave her.

"Love the hair colour by the way" Miyeon added. "Blonde was always your colour"

Minnie cleared  trying to hide the fact that she was flustered, waving a piece of paper infront of her. Miyeon does not have to read it to know that it was either a search warrant or an arrest warrant or if Jennie was generous enough, both.

Miyeon did not bother to stand up just opting to part her legs fully aware that she was wearing a skirt showcasing not only the bag that was placed below her seat. 

Miyeon smirked seeing the other girl's face go red and a sigh leaving Minnie's mouth as she lowered herself to take the luggage bag. Miyeon must really applaud the girl's respectfulness as she still managed to take out the luggage bag expertly, without touching Miyeon. If it was Lisa, Miyeon knew the girl would not even try to be discrete.

Part of the reason why Miyeon does not mind getting chased by Minnie is the fact that she takes her job so seriously. Something she had not seen in other police officers she had met through out her life. And she had met a lot. If it was someone else who was after Miyeon, by now he or she would be six feet under ground.

Miyeon sure liked the cat and mouse game they have going on, very well aware that her feelings for the girl which was not just a mere attraction. But Miyeon knew better than to daydream about happy endings that would never be possible in her world. Especially not for her and Minnie who doesn't even look at her like that. So Miyeon opts to make the girl chase her in other ways.
"We will search this back at our office. For now Cho Miyeon you are under arrest" Minnie said handing the bag over to Lisa and taking out her handcuffs.

"Oh Minnie! Are the cuffs really necessary?" She said blinking her eyes in a show of cuteness which she really knows would not faze Minnie in anyway.

"Protocol" was all Minnie said prefering to keep it simple with all the eyes on them except for the one person on the seat beside Miyeon who looks like he could sleep through a storm right now.

But Miyeon still had to embarass Minnie further as she added in her comment. "I call it a kink"

This time Lisa chooses to laugh out loud without any restrains causing Minnie whose face had gone a deeper shade of red than before, to slap the back of Lisa's head in an attempt to compose the girl.

In her haste to cuff Miyeon and leave the scene as soon as possible, Minnie accidently ended up nudging the man beside Miyeon. Turns out that he would not sleep through a storm, as the man stood up with such an alertness that Miyeon was sure was not present before. The man looked like he was ready to jump out the train that had Miyeon thinking what kind of trauma he had gone through his life. For a second, Miyeon pitied upon seeing his baby like facial features morph to express fear that was clearly evident in his eyes.

"W-What's going on here?" He finally spoke with a timid and queit voice looking between Miyeon who was now cuffed properly and an apologetic Minnie who took it upon herself to explain the situation to him.

"She's a criminal?" She watched as his face processed the information that was generously provided by Minnie. Miyeon prepared herself for the incoming insults that were expected to be thrown at her like other times by men like these.

"Oh" He let out and added looking directly at Miyeon. "That's so cool. Now I'm even more attracted to you. Is that even possible?"

Miyeon must admit she was surprised by such a character displayed by this man that contrasted with his high class attire. She still put on an annoyed expression and allowed herself to roll her eyes as Minnie who also showed a weirded out expression, finally started leading Miyeon out of the train that was yet to depart.

Shuhua who was dressed as Jo Hakyeon took a sigh of relief when the train started moving thinking that Hui Yin was out of her way for sometime. Little did she know that Hui Yin would be the least of her problems. And for sure she was not aware of the five hundred million dollars worth of diamonds she was carrying with her.

 

Author's Note:
​​​​​​I was thinking of weekly updates but I finished this chapter so decided to update before friday.

​​​​​Hope you all enjoy