Chapter 3

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Yuqi made her way through the crowd looking around for her sister in a hurried pace, but it was a hard task considering the fact that they were going the other way compared to the people who were going on the opposite direction away from the train. Soojin who was right behind her, trying to match her pace finally let out a groan after colliding with yet another person.

"Yuqi! Calm the  down!" She cursed evethough she knew that her best friend was just excited to see her sister after years. "You're the one who assured me that she will surely be here"

Yuqi who had stopped inorder to let Soojin catch her breath, threw a glance at the train that had just arrived and still had people swarming out, eyes landing on figures that could be her sister. No sign of her sister though.

"That girl is confusing Soojin. She might say she boarded a train and yet step out of a plane. That's how she is" Yuqi said confusing the latter even more. But, before she could throw in any questions, a familiar figure crashed onto Yuqi's back. She would have gone stumbling and falling in the process if not for Soojin's hand on her elbows that steadied her.

Yuqi's biggest nightmare in the name of Jeon Youngmin stood infront of them, tall and strong living upto his name with the girl of her sweetest dreams right behind him. The irony of the situation might have really drew out a laugh from Soojin if not for the circumstances they were in. Or the fact that Jeon Youngmin can practically hammer her to the ground with his fist if she humiliated him.

He stood still, chest puffed out staring at Yuqi who was looking down to avoid eye contact with the man and for some reason, she looked even smaller than usual. He did not even bother to glance at Soojin surely thinking that her presence was just irrelevant to him.

Soojin took in the man's appearance, noticing the newly dyed black hair that was previously white due to his increasing age and the usual high class suit. He had a board with Jo Hakyeon  and a few other details written over it explaining their presence here. Soojin's eyes landed on Soyeon who was also focused on Yuqi. She was also dressed for the occasion wearing a beautiful baby blue dress that stopped just above her knees.

"Why are you here?" Jeon Youngmin finally spoke that had no doubt scared Yuqi even more. Soojin had a witty remark of the railway station being a public place rather than being a place he owned but, Soyeon was the one who decided to answer her father's question.
"She's here to receive her sister" Trust Soyeon to still speak up against her very scary father. Soojin was sure Soyeon fully intended to prove that she and Yuqi still had their communication despite him taking away Soyeon's digital gadgets. Soojin remembers laughing at them both in her home where she witnessed them using small boards to write what they wanted to say and displaying it on their respective windows for the other one to see. Despite being a helpless situation, it was still amusing to see people communicate like that in an era like this.

The astonishment on Jeon Youngmin's face was palpable with his mouth wide open as he looked from Yuqi who could not meet his eyes to Soyeon who was challenging him with her eyes. If not for Yuqi's cowardice, Soojin was sure Soyeon would have surely ran away with her.

"H-How did you know?" Jeon Youngmin asked to his daughter who only shrugged with a little smirk on her face.

When he knew he could not get anything out of his daughter he decided to point at Yuqi instead who seemed to make herself look even smaller. "You're still talking to her! I swear little girl if you-"

Seeing her already scared girlfriend being shouted at must have disturbed Soyeon as she dragged her father away saying "let's not create a scene here father and you have to find this Jo Hakyeon let's wait over there" as they moved away.

Yuqi only looked up once she knew they had moved away looking at Soyeon's back that was turned away from her. Soojin knew the girl was blaming herself for not being able to be brave enough. "Hei. Let's go find your sister"

Soojin used her hand that was holding Yuqi's elbow to manoeuvre the girl around towards the train again with a slower pace than before. The amount of people coming out from the train had reduced greatly and Soojin once again acknowledged the thoughts of Yuqi's sister backing away from her words.

A man in a black suit was the last to step out and Soojin saw Yuqi's expression change to a sad one again. Soojin was ready to argue that Yuqi should not have trusted this Shuhua. Whocares if it's Yuqi's sister? the girl had never bothered to come and visit her sister in six years going as further as stopping Yuqi from going to her aswell, always moving from one place to another. What made Yuqi think that she would have visited now?

She decided it was not the time to blame Yuqi and comfort her instead. She was about to speak when the man with the suit stood infront of Yuqi. Soojin shifted her gaze to the man who was looking at Yuqi with a smile. His dark hair was swept back and combed to be held in place, his skin was very fair almost white she could say, with a pinkish hue on his cheeks which could only be explained due to the cold. All in all, Soojin must admit the soft features made him look rather attractive for a man. 

Considering the smile on his face, what she expected was for the man to throw the usual flirtatious comment at Yuqi and the girl rejecting him on the spot. But, the man only continued staring at Yuqi who stared back while frowning.

"Excuse me!" Their moment was interrupted by Jeon Youngmin coming up from behind them. "Are you Jo Hakyeon?" He asked. He also raised the board to show to the man.

"Yeah! That's me" The man named Jo Hakyeon replied with a surprisingly soft voice for a man, walking up to Jeon Youngmin who now had a very annoyed looking Soyeon behind him. "You must be Jeon Youngmin. Pleasure to meet you sir" He said bowing politely.

Soojin and Yuqi remained watching them interact for a while and finally starting to leave. But while Soyeon and Jeon Youngmin had their backs turned walking towards the exit, Jo Hakyeon turned around to look at Yuqi once more. What confused Soojin the most was the gesture he made with his hands, moving his hands over his face before pointing at Yuqi with a wink. Yuqi gasped audibly as if she had a sudden realization. She repeated the gesture and pointed back at him which left Soojin's mouth hanging open in surprise while Jo Hakyeon turned back with a smile and moved along with Soyeon and her father.

Soojin turned to face Yuqi for answers who still remained with a smile on her face, looking at the exit where the other three had just disappeared into.

"Is it me or is Soyeon's would be husband flirting with you?" She could not help herself but ask. The absurdity of the situation not letting her make any other coherent thoughts. "And are you for real actually flirting back?"

"What? No!" Yuqi who was now looking much brighter and happier turned to Soojin and immediately denied the accusation. "Looks like we didn't need to come here and receive my sister"

Yuqi's cryptic words were only making Soojin more confused and if Yuqi did not tell her what was going on, soon enough she would explode.

"See Soojin! The thing is Shuhua even when she was little she had this fort. She was very good at acting" Soojin did not know why it was suddenly story time about Yuqi's sister but she decided to be patient nodding along to let Yuqi know she was listening. "At first it was her just pretending to be me to get away from trouble. We looked quite similar then" Yuqi's face had an adoring smile while she replayed the moments in her head.

"Then she started it big you know. Dressing up as other people changing her voice to match her character. It was very much distinguishable in the beginning. But over the years, she mastered it well" Yuqi made some wild gestures with her hands. "Even if you have seen her facial features and engraved them into your mind it was still hard to distinguish her when she was in character"

"And there just now-" She gestured towards at the empty exit and Soojin frowned throwing a glance there and looking back at Yuqi still not following what the girl was trying to say "the Jo Hakyeon you just met was actually my sister, Shuhua!" She finally revealed.

"Oh! OHHH!" Soojin let the words sink in her brain, trying to replay the moments from a few minutes ago. Who would have thought that it was a woman instead of a man? Soojin was certainly not expecting that.

On the other side of Korea, in the Seoul police station Jennie was staring down at Minnie and Lisa who had their heads bowed in shame while Miyeon stood there laughing silently. They had just gone through Miyeon's luggage and as expected turned out with no diamonds or anything suspicious for that matter.

"I thought you were sure this time Minnie?" Jennie adressed with a stern voice.

"I was too" Minnie answered with small voice at first and then took a breath in before regaining her self confidence. "I still am. I'm sure she hid it-"

Jennie decided to interrupt her. "I said this was your last chance and this was it. There are other cases to focus so go on and if you continue to go after Miyeon again there would be serious consequences for you two"

Minnie nodded, gave one last glare at Miyeon and then left along with Lisa. Miyeon knew just by the glint in the other's eyes that Minnie would still refuse to move on and take other cases. That's how well she knows Minnie.

"You are free to go Miyeon. I apologize to you for the inconvenience" Jennie said after removing the handcuffs on Miyeon. Miyeon nodded rubbing her wrists, her gaze briefly dropping on to Jennie's left ring finger where a ring was adorned with the letter C engraved on to it just like Miyeon's. If only Minnie paid attention to such details would she know what truly goes on.