Chapter 5

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Minnie was seated in her chair near the study table, only a few feet away from the bed where Miyeon was resting. She had not moved from her place since the past hour determined to not to let Miyeon slip away from her sight. As time passed she wondered if the amount of chloroform she had put in the napkin were too much. But her worries were lifted once she saw Miyeon starting to stir.

Miyeon groaned clutching on to her head with one hand and sitting up. She tried to move her other hand aswell only then did she notice her righthand cuffed to the bed post. Minnie smiled when Miyeon was finally able to notice her presence enjoying the fact that for once, she had the upperhand.

"What's the meaning of this?" For the first time Miyeon seemed to be serious around her or furious to be accurate, the glare directed her surely explained that. Miyeon was tugging on the handcuff as if it would free her magically.

"Oh! That's my kink!" Minnie said with a smirk. Revenge definitely was sweet. "Weren't you the one who pointed it out earlier in the train Miyeonnie?" She added throwing in a wink aswell.

Miyeon's glare hardened but it did not have any effect on Minnie. She now understands the satisfaction it must have brought to Miyeon when she was getting on Minnie's nerves. Oh how the tables have turned. Shame that there was no audience to witness this time. But, Miyeon lacked patience and was having none of Minnie's teasing.

"Think you're funny?" At this point Miyeon was even more furious so Minnie just decided to swallow the other teases she had at the tip of . She started tugging on the cuff even more violently causing Minnie to rush over and hold her hand in an attempt to not let the girl injure herself. "How did you even manage get Jennie's approval at such a short span of time?"

Minnie struggled to keep the girl down now holding on to her other hand aswell. Angry Miyeon was certainly dangerous. "Calmdown Miyeon!"

Miyeon still kept up with it eventhough her one hand was restrained by the cuffs and Minnie really had to commend her for that. Seeing only one other option to take control of the situation, Minnie climbed on the bed throwing one leg over Miyeon's and shifting her weight on the girl effectively straddling Miyeon. The moment she did all movements from Miyeon ceased and Minnie was left to catch her breath.

"What are you doing?" Miyeon asked. Her voice had a hint of surprise in them no doubt questioning their compromising position. Even Minnie was concious of the reduced personal space between them yet made no effort to move away.

"You're being difficult I had to keep you down" Minnie answered softly shifting her face away to create a little distance between them. "I just wanted to talk"

"Talk?" Miyeon scoffed and started glancing everywhere as if she was in search of something. "We dont do that! Now tell me Minnie where did you keep the recorder? I know this is one of your petty ways of trying to make me confess to my crimes"

"There's no recorder" Minnie frowned still watching Miyeon. "I'm not trying to get you behind bars right now"

"Then what do you want?" Miyeon said looking at Minnie again. They were still close and Minnie was baffled by how beautiful Miyeon was even up close. God really was unfair, she thought.

"I said it didn't I? I just wanted to talk" She removed herself sensing that Miyeon would not start tugging at the handcuff again. The girl seemed to have calmed down.

"Then tell me why I am quite literally handcuffed to your bed?" Miyeon said raising the hand that was cuffed. "Is this how you talk to people? And did Jennie really allow you to do this?"

"Not at all!" Minnie answered the last question walking over to grab the chair she was sitting on earlier and dragging it over to the front of her bed before sitting down again. "If she found out about this it's all over for me"

Miyeon just stared at her for a minute as if she was not able to comprehend what was going on. "Then why are you doing this? You'll get fired right?"

Minnie shrugged as an answer. "Yeah if she found out that is"

Miyeon went quiet again and Minnie could almost imagine the gears in her head turning in an attempt to justify Minnie's behaviour. She did not seem to get to any logical conclusion and finally asked narrowing her eyes at Minnie. "What are you playing at?"
"How about you tell me Miyeon, when we first met? Do you remember that?" Minnie decided to ask instead of answering knowing well that she was confusing Miyeon even more.

"Four years ago?" Miyeon furrowed her brows as if she was trying to remember the exact date. "You accused Claus for something? Was it for smuggling drugs?"

"And that accusation still stands. He did that for sure" Minnie folded her arms like a child that was throwing a tantrum which drew a smile from from Miyeon. "And you were the one who did all the work for him. That's when I knew you weren't some of his typical lackeys that should be overlooked"

"This isn't some replay drama Minnie!" Miyeon said trying her best to look annoyed and not let the smile show. "Get to the point!"

"The point is Miyeon that it was only my eleventh case and I was so close to getting Claus and his gang that would have guranteed a promotion and some well deserved respect from other colleagues but you happened" Minnie gestured toward Miyeon and then continued. "I don't even know how you managed to hide all those drugs"

Miyeon just shrugged indicating that she would neither confess nor comment on how she had done that. "I still don't know how it explains this" Miyeon said lifting her hand to show the cuffs again.

"Well, ever since then I have been after you with no success. Six years in this field and my juniors look down on me while my seniors think I'm a hindrance" Minnie sighed as if she was drained of energy. "Look at the state of my house. I can barely pay the bills with my salary and It's just not worth it anymore. So I decided that this is it. The final straw! No more honesty and integrity for Minnie"

Minnie finished with a satisfied smile as if she had nothing more to share while Miyeon had her jaw hanging at what she had heard. "What? That's not possible" She said not being able to put it into her brain just yet. "So that's it? You just give up?"

"I can only take so much Miyeon. In the end you won" Minnie smiled at the way Miyeon still looked with how surprised the girl was. She looked as if the natural order was disturbed and a huge chaos was about to be embarked. Maybe that's exactly what was about to happen.

"And what are you planning now?" Miyeon asked genuinely curious. "How am I still involved?"

"I'm happy you asked?" Minnie pointed out giving Miyeon a bright smile. "Would you like to be my partner in crime?"

"Huh?" Miyeon looked like she was straight up malfunctioning now. "Why?"

"I'm planning to escape this  hole of a country but I need money for that. Like a lot. And I'm thinking you have some stolen diamonds that honestly no one cares about anymore. Certainly not the police" Minnie finished hoping that Miyeon gets the point across this time.

"Claus is definitely looking for it. He's dangerous" Miyeon replied but Minnie was shocked that the girl was seriously considering joining forces with her. She did not even talk about the offers she would make inorder to make the Miyeon agree.

"I'm willing to take the risk. And it would make it easier with you around you know, you would know him and how to escape from everyone. You're the greatest criminal I know for sure" Minnie scratched her head not at all used to complimenting Miyeon and her stealthiness.

"You sound as if you're planning to escape this hole of a country with me" There was a hint of amusement in Miyeon's voice and it showed in her expression aswell.

"Well-" Minnie scratched her chin this time looking towards the floor unsure of her own decisions. "That was the idea alright. Maybe I didn't think this one through yet"

"That's good enough for now" Miyeon assured and Minnie's head snapped up at her in surprise.

"Really? You agree to this?" She could not help herself but ask. Seems like she did not need much convincing afterall.

"I mean yeah" Miyeon seems confused as she scrunched up her nose in an adorable way. "Why are you so shocked?"

"I didn't think it would be this easy" Minnie was kind of embarassed to say it but she did it anyway. "I didn't even make the fifty-fifty profit share offer yet"

"Then that's even better" Minnie watched in awe as Miyeon removed a distinctive looking ring from her right hand and showing it to Minnie who had to narrow her eyes to finally see the letter 'C' engraved onto it. "I was getting tired of Claus's constant nagging anyway" She finished carelessly throwing away the ring. Minnie did hear the sound of it hitting somewhere on the floor but she was too stunted watching Miyeon to care about some stupid gang ring.

"Why don't you close that mouth of yours and come over here and free me from these cuffs and then we can talk about getting the diamonds" Miyeon spoke with a smirk on her face when she noticed Minnie's expression.

"Uh! Oh! Yeah" She must have looked stupid so Minnie quickly got her self together getting out of the shock and scurrying over to hurriedly release Miyeon.

"So? What's the plan?" Minnie asked once Miyeon was standing freely infront of her without any restraints. There was this feeling that told her that Miyeon would run away at any minute. But the girl stood infront of her with a smile. A genuine smile that Minnie was sure she had never seen on Miyeon's face. Minnie wondered about what it meant.

Miyeon casted a glance on the bedside table before answering. "Well it's too late to travel now. We will start our journey to Busan in the morning"