Chapter 1

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
Inside a typical hideout in Canada that looks more like a club with all the colours illuminating from the lights and the female dancers showing their dances there resides the mafia boss. On a large throne like chair with his cigar in one hand and a wine glass on the other. His henchmen all wearing dark tailored suits were standing behind the chair.

"Claus" His right hand man, Ben called for his attention holding out a phone. "It's Miyeon."

Claus dismissed the dancers with a wave of his hand that was holding the cigar which caused them to scatter off his vision. He took one last puff of the cigar and placed it on top of the tray beside his chair. Standing up he took the gadget from Ben and answered to the one on the other end.

"Miyeon my favorite girl" He said with a laugh "I hope it's good news this time"

"Yes. I got them. All fifty of them" Came out the reply of the soft voiced Miyeon. "So which date should I book the ticket for? Staying in Seoul is a headache"

"That's my girl" Claus complimented with a devilish smile. "Tired of your home country already? But you have to go to Busan instead of Canada. The police are already suspicious of us so it would be best to meet at our Korean base there. I'm sure that police officer who was after you caused some difficulties"

There was a scoff. "That girl Minnie is sure stubborn but stupid. She could never catch me. So Busan it is"

"Yes but no travelling on plane. Take the train"

"Train?" Miyeon squeaked out. " You can't be serious Claus! Me! A highclass woman travelling on a train?"

"I'm dead serious Miyeon. I'm not taking any risk of you getting caught with that" Claus voiced out his concerns.

"Fine then train it is" Miyeon said with a huff and ended the call.

Little did Miyeon know that there were others listening on the conversation.

"Miyeon said she got all fifty of them" Lisa said after putting down the device which helped them to hear the conversation between the two criminals. "Are you sure that they are talking about the diamonds?"

"Yes I'm sure Lisa" Minnie answered. "And this time I'm gonna catch her red-handed with all the evidence. Just need to ask for a warrant from Jennie that's the hard part"

"Well you always got the warrant from her in the end" Lisa mentioned with a roll of her eyes. "But you should just give up. We always get our hopes up only to find no evidence on her.  And might I add this is why you got demoted"

Memories flooded into Minnie's head of the last time she had raided into a warehouse with a number of officers for back up and confidently claiming that the rice sacks had smuggled drugs inside them which was placed in there by Miyeon herself. But ofcourse like everytime Miyeon was one step ahead of her. When it all ended, the rice sacks had just plain rice in them and Minnie was demoted for the amount of time she had used which always ended up with no Miyeon behind bars.

Minnie shook her head to get rid of the flashbacks. "This time Lisa. We'll get her this time"

Lisa only shook her head with a smile muttering something about how stubborn Minnie is before going back to her work.

Meanwhile, in a small apartment in Busan, Yuqi stood on the balcony both hands firmly gripping on to the railing which have gone numb due to the cold but she did not care.

Some people were still moving around the streets even if its a cold winter night. Yuqi was staring into the larger apartment right across from the street with a forlorn expression. The numerous expensive windows granted her a generous view of the living area where she could see Soyeon handing over a cup of coffee to her father who was sitting comfortably on the sofa.

Soyeon turned her back to her father as she walked to the other end of the sofa, she looked up as if she had known Yuqi would be there. As their eyes met, Yuqi felt a sudden warmness spreading through her body partly from the glare Soyeon directed at her and partly from the longing of staying apart from her girlfriend for too long.
It was only a month ago that Soyeon's father had caught them while they were walking back home after their date. He had not let Soyeon out of the house since then claiming that he would never let her daughter see a poor useless girl like Yuqi.

Yuqi would have really ran away with Soyeon like she had bluffed about countless times to Soojin, but Jeon Youngmin was a scary man in his late fourties with his buff body builder figure that contrasted with his face which made him look a lot younger. Yuqi looked like a small mouse infront him in comparison. Needless to say, Yuqi did not have enough courage to even go out of the house if he was insight.

It was after midnight that Soojin finally arrived at her shared apartment with Yuqi. She had stayed over at her mother's for the week to take care of her baby sister Yerin who was ill. She would have stayed longer if not for her depressed bestfriend demanding for her attention. Their houses weren't that far anyway. She could check up on her sister the next day.

Despite all the bluff and lies that Song Yuqi made Soojin knew her best friend was kind hearted and pure. The loudness and confidence the girl wears like an armour gets reduced to a soft, stuttering mess when scared mostly infront of Jeon Youngmin. The girl even offered all her savings to Soojin for Yerin's much needed surgery. Soojin would have accepted it if only it had been enough.

Soojin opened the door to Yuqi's room to the sight of the said girl sitting on her bed with a blanket wrapped around her staring into nothing. It took some time for Soojin to get accustomed to the darkness of the room the only source of light illuminating from the street lights from the window to the left of the bed.

Soojin walked over to the bed and sat beside Yuqi placing a hand gently on the girl's back in a show of comfort.

"So what have I missed?" She asked softly.

Yuqi's usually booming voice was reduced to a whisper but the words that came out of  baffled Soojin.

"Nothing much. Atleast you didn't miss Soyeon's wedding yet"

"WHAT?" Oh, how Soojin hated sarcasm and lies. "Yuqi! Tell me you're lying!"

"Do I look like I'm lying Soojin?" For a moment Yuqi directed her serious gaze at Soojin before shifting it back to the front facing the wall again. "The would be husband is going to come over in a few days from Seoul and they are going to have a small ceremony"

"!" Soojin cursed rubbing her forehead trying to get rid of some frustration. "And what did Soyeon say?"

"Her dad took her phone a few days ago" Soojin felt anger bubbling inside her along with the sadness she felt for Yuqi. "Soyeon pasted a large paper on her bedroom window saying 'DO SOMETHING BEFORE I BECOME SOMEONE ELSE'S WIFE YOU IDIOT!' all in caps"

"THAT'S IT? THAT'S ALL SHE DID?" Soojin exploded standing up from the bed turning her body towards Yuqi. "She tells you to do something and then sleeps in her warm no doubt expensive bed"

"Soojin" Yuqi called out softly to diffuse the anger.

"Yuqi I swear to god! Just say it once and I will find someone for you much better. Hell! I could line up about a thousand girls if you just-"

"SOOJIN!" Yuqi interrupted her rant, calling her out this time in a raised voice before speaking in a whisper again. "She's awake"

"Who?" Soojin asked confused.

"Soyeon" Yuqi answered still blankly staring at her wall.

Soojin shifted her gaze from Yuqi to the window and there she could see Soyeon in her bedroom. She was staring at their direction from her open window although Soojin was sure Soyeon cannot see them as the light were off in Yuqi's room. ​​​​

'How long has she been standing there? It's freezing atleast close the door'​​ Soojin thought concerned for her other friend.

The previous anger was replaced by sadness she felt for her two friends. With a defeated sigh she dropped back down on to the bed beside Yuqi.

"Yuqi what are we going to do?" She asked feeling helpless. She hated being like this. She hated being poor for not being able to help her sister and she hated the fact that Yuqi was not approved by Soyeon's father for being poor. She hated how the world depended so much on money.

"The only thing I could do was call you" Yuqi muttered just as helplessly and Soojin was reminded that Yuqi was the one who was more miserable here. "Think of something for me Soojin please"

"I can't think of anything right now" Soojin said running her hands through her hair. "We need a twisted plan. By hook or by crook I don't care I'm willing to do anything to see you both together again"

"It takes twisted people to come up with twisted plans Soojin" Yuqi smiled feeling a little better because of Soojin and her sincere words. "You are anything but twisted. The only twisted person I know of is my sis-"

Yuqi stopped mid sentence with a gasp as if she was processing something in her head.

"What?" Soojin asked confused.

"Thats it Soojin! My sister!" Yuqi said her voice raising to her usual volume that Soojin was sure even Soyeon could hear from across the street. "There's no one as twisted and cunning as my sister Song Shuhua"

'What a way to describe her own sister' Soojin wondered.

"I thought you said she was in Taiwan or was it Japan?" Soojin asked trying to conjure all information she knows of the girl in her head.

According to Yuqi, her younger sister never stayed in one place for too long and had left their home in China a year before Yuqi who had moved to Korea five years ago. Soojin wondered how it was living apart for so long yet keeping in contact with each other. Soojin could never imagine herself living so far from her family.

"She called a while back saying she was roaming around Korea and might end up in Busan" There were tears in Yuqi's eyes that Soojin was sure from the thought of reconnecting with her sister.

"Well then let's hope your twisted sister helps us" Soojin voiced out her only positive thought among the waves of possible negative ones.

"Oh she will"

Somehow Yuqi's seems so confident that this girl would help her, so Soojin also had no other choice than trusting her.